Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,168 members, 7,849,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:45 AM

Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms (849 Views)

What Is The Cause Of These Symptoms ? / Chlamydia In Men: Pictures, Treatment, Causes, Symptoms, Signs, Discharge, Cure / Help Please Is This An Hiv Infection?? Symptoms Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 7:00am On Sep 15, 2021
I am having insomnia and getting brain zaps due to anti depressant given to me by a doctor , I sleep just 2 hours at night , and whenever I try to nap in the afternoon, it’s as if my brain is stopping me from that

I really don’t know what to do at this moment , as I am scared of going to the hospital
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Arsenate(m): 7:44am On Sep 15, 2021
I don't understand why you are scared of going back to the hospital, tbh. Usually, at the initial stages, antidepressants present with lots of side effects but they get better with time. If you feel too miserable, however, and can't endure it, you should go see your doctor. Do not discontinue without medical supervision.

Cc Gloriouspraise
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Richy4(m): 7:51am On Sep 15, 2021
Arsenate:
I don't understand why you are scared of going back to the hospital, tbh. Usually, at the initial stages, antidepressants present with lots of side effects but they get better with time. If you feel too miserable, however, and can't endure it, you should go see your doctor. Do not discontinue without medical supervision.

Cc Gloriouspraise

I agree with you 100%. Which is preferable, counting ceilings at night or heading to a place where solutions can be obtained no matter how small
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 7:52am On Sep 15, 2021
Arsenate:

Cc Gloriouspraise

My reason is , the doctor tells me to take 25mg for two weeks , and when I went back to complain again , he told me to continue with it , I just wish there is something I can take like vitamin c or something simple to cure me of this things that I am passing through , I just want to get my normal sleep rhythm back ,I have been battling with this for 7 month
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 7:53am On Sep 15, 2021
I have developed a under eye bag
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 7:56am On Sep 15, 2021
The other doctor I met gave me neurotex forte , which had me sleepless for a whole night
Went back to complain, and I was prescribed nitrazepam and melatonin for a eeek , I don’t feel any difference at all, I don’t want them to prescribe me such drugs again
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Mleeperbother: 7:57am On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

My reason is , the doctor tells me to take 25mg for two weeks , and when I went back to complain again , he told me to continue with it , I just wish there is something I can take like vitamin c or something simple to cure me of this things that I am passing through , I just want to get my normal sleep rhythm back ,I have been battling with this for 7 month
What drug is that?
And 25mg is too low, regardless.
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 8:00am On Sep 15, 2021
Mleeperbother:

What drug is that?
And 25mg is too low, regardless.

Amitryptilline
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Mleeperbother: 8:03am On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

Amitryptilline
Lmao!
Amiitriptyline that I took 300mg for over a year and no withdrawal symptoms.
Why are they giving you 25mg?
For sleep? Or to control urination? Headache or neuropathic pain?
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 8:05am On Sep 15, 2021
Mleeperbother:

Lmao!

I was initially having some symptoms, like a strang feeling, which I explained to the doctor
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 8:08am On Sep 15, 2021
Mleeperbother:

Lmao!

Wow , you feel nothing
Everyone is just different
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Arsenate(m): 9:30am On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

Like I said earlier, the side effects usually (not always) improve with time and that's probably t
why your doc insisted you continue. However, if the insomnia persists and you are unable to tolerate it, which I think is the case here, you should discuss possible alternatives like switching to antidepressants that are sleep inducing (sedating).
In the meantime, a few lifestyle changes can help;

*Avoid caffeinated drinks like coffee, all these energy drinks, particularly late in the day.

*Get regular physical activity or exercise, preferably before evenings.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Arsenate(m): 9:32am On Sep 15, 2021
Mleeperbother:

Lmao!
People respond to drugs differently, the case of the op isn't unusual.
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Arsenate(m): 9:36am On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

Amitryptilline
This one usually comes with lots of troubles. There are better antidepressants your Doctor should consider switching you to.

Good luck. �
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Kobojunkie: 10:06am On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

What antidepressant are you on? undecided
What other medications are you also taking? undecided
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Kobojunkie: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

Amitryptilline
insomnia is not listed as one of its side-effects.

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/amitriptyline-for-pain/

Try to document your daily issues while you are on it and let your doctor have your report on your next visit so he can either consider switching you or changing your dose or looking into whatever it may be that is causing the sleeplessness . undecided
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Mindlog: 10:18am On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:
I am having insomnia and getting brain zaps due to anti depressant given to me by a doctor , I sleep just 2 hours at night , and whenever I try to nap in the afternoon, it’s as if my brain is stopping me from that

I really don’t know what to do at this moment , as I am scared of going to the hospital

Before the prescription, did your doctor explore with you what could have enabled your state of depression?

If you can, I will advise you get a hammock as the rocking motion will help your insomnia.
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

Dm me for a a natural remedy to help you sleep like a baby.

You clearly don't need those drugs as they are not compatible with your system.

Dm me now.
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mercychen:

Dm me for a a natural remedy to help you sleep like a baby.

You clearly don't need those drugs as they are not compatible with your system.

Dm me now.

I am sorry pls , I don’t know anything about dm here
Pls state it here
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

Pls state it here

I'm sorry too but I can't state it here.

Its my business and if you're not willing to get help, fine.
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mercychen:

I'm sorry too but I can't state it here.

Its my business and if you're not willing to get help, fine.

Your number then
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

Your number then
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Mindlog: 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

Pls state it here

If you intend switching off from the medication you are presently on to any alternative, please discuss FIRST with your doctor BEFORE the switch.
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mindlog:

If you intend switching off from the medication you are presently on to any alternative, please discuss FIRST with your doctor BEFORE the switch.

I had stop since 2weeks
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Mindlog: 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

I had stop since 2weeks

Is the doctor aware?
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mindlog:

Is the doctor aware?

I told him yesterday
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mindlog:

Is the doctor aware?

I am afraid , I don’t think any to spend the rest of my life this way , I am severely suffering from depersonalization too
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

I am afraid , I don’t think any to spend the rest of my life this way , I am severely suffering from depersonalization too

The medication is messing with your system. It's always advised to stop a medication if you experience any side effects.

What I'm going to offer you will not have any interactions with your previous medication to cause any danger in case it's still in your system. Rather it will help flush it away and help restore a sound sleep.

WhatsApp me on that number.
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Mindlog: 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

I work in a psychiatric facility and patients are encouraged to talk with the psychiatrist before stopping the antidepressant entirely so the dosage will be reduced, helping the patient's system to start getting used to less and less of it. At times, another medication is used to counter the symptoms.

How did you come to the conclusion of depersonalization?
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Gloriouspraise: 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mindlog:

I work in a psychiatric facility and patients are encouraged to talk with the psychiatrist before stopping the antidepressant entirely so the dosage will be reduced, helping the patient's system to start getting used to less and less of it. At times, another medication is used to counter the symptoms.

How did you come to the conclusion of depersonalization?

Ok , I read about tapering , but I don’t know if my doctor knows anything about that , because if he had told me about it , I would have follow the instructions that’s given , I truly need help now

About depersonalization, there are some things I do that really uplifts my spirit , it doesn’t even freak me anymore , I have been looking all sad and sober
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by Mindlog: 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

Ok , I read about tapering , but I don’t know if my doctor knows anything about that , because if he had told me about it , I would have follow the instructions that’s given , I truly need help now

About depersonalization, there are some things I do that really uplifts my spirit , it doesn’t even freak me anymore , I have been looking all sad and sober

Look into talk therapy, seek out a professional.
Re: Help!!!!Anti Depressant Withdrawals Symptoms by teeste: 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
Buy piriton and take 2 tabs , please don't ignore. It is just 50naira per sachet.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can You Teach Your Child Your Language / HELP: My Biological Father Is Always Laying Courses On Me / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.