Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Nysc Has Reduce The Number Of Phd Holders From 33% To Less Than 1% Of Graduates - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Has Reduce The Number Of Phd Holders From 33% To Less Than 1% Of Graduates (1073 Views)

NYSC Has Changed The Date Again Oooo... 27 April / Nysc Has Stylishly Made The #3,000 Payment Compulsory / NYSC Requirements For Registration/ Mobilization Of Graduates For Batch A 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Has Reduce The Number Of Phd Holders From 33% To Less Than 1% Of Graduates by musiwa46: 4:54pm On May 25, 2011
NYSC has reduce the number of PHD holders from 33% to less than 1% of graduates

Before NYSC, 1 in 3 nigeria graduate have a PHD. But because of the NYSC, less than 1%  now have PHD.  There can not be a gap or wait from first degree and PHD.

NYSC have created the gap and many of the student do not return back to the universities to complete their phd program. It is now 1 in 150 nigeria graduate that have PHD. which is responsible for the high demand in PHD holder in Nigeria.

We need to cancel the NYSC program. or leave the nysc to be optional.
Re: Nysc Has Reduce The Number Of Phd Holders From 33% To Less Than 1% Of Graduates by musiwa46: 5:37pm On May 25, 2011
i remember when i graduated from the university of ilorin. my professor , prof olufeagba wanted to relocate my NYSC program to the university of ilorin from adamawa because the last 5 set of graduates , none came back to the school.  i was not one of the smart one out there. but even if you check the last 5 set from me. Of 1500 student. there are less than 20 graduate who now have phd.

NYSC as reduce the standard of education in the northern part of nigeria. most school depend on the NYSC and some state look for NYSC staff. Who hardly come to class.  so even for the north.  You want to have regular teachers.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can A Linguistic Graduate Be Posted / NYSC To Place Corps Members On National Public Salary Scale / Youth Service In Awka, Anambra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.