Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,096 members, 7,852,705 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:36 AM

How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti (42312 Views)

MC Oluomo Stabbed In The Neck At Lagos APC Governorship Rally / Businessman Brutalized By Immigration Officers At Oron, Buttocks Left Bloodied / Armed Robbers Raid Phone Shop In Delta, Cut Off Neck Of Security Guard. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Semaj77(m): 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
tarantino1:

Where did you hear that from?
Owen Hart broke Stone Colds neck in wwe in 1999 and he’s still walking fine though caused just early retirement

I don't think you know what it means to break a neck
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Badonasty(m): 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
Na stubbornness cause all these...if you had complied first then asked questions later e no go reach like this
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Reference(m): 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2021
Unfortunately most Nigerians won't support the agitation for laws that will tame government over reach in order to protect their pet oppressors. So we are in this cauldron of a country, boiling away together.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by decrownprince(m): 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2021
They said u can't park inside their office, u get mind to ask why? Now they have break ur neck. This is Nigeria. Next time take the car back to ur house and park it and use public transport if u are worry about ur car. This is a problem u could have avoid. I hope u get well soon to travel?
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by oyeb15: 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
kenneyyice:
Guy lets be honest you f up a bit. See you were told to park outside for reasons best known to them. You should have at least done that and ask questions later. We all know that Nigeria is currently on a red alert when it comes to security issue and that it is lawless. If I were in your shoes, I would have found an eatery, tip the security personal there and drop the car or go back home and come back without a car. Omo one has to be very smart when dealing with this military personnel. Not that am in support of this callous treatment on you but as the bible says, Wisdom is profitable to direct. Speedy recovery we pray man.

No where to park outside or around Ekiti immigration office. The holdup on the tiny road can drive someone crazy coupled with big vehicles trying to ply the road.
It's either he didn't see his car outside again or truck jam am.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Oppy2k2: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
faithfull18:
They don't allow non-officials park within the command except at the headquarters. You should have just gone to look for somewhere else to park, anyway they went too far.

This is not true sir, I went to the same center in Ado Ekiti to process my passport also. I was allowed to park inside their compound without any harassment. This case needs to be thoroughly investigated while eering officers are severely dealth with.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by emekajonny(m): 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2021
The truth be told.
U caused it if u are not a visitor here in Nigeria.
U don't claim ur right always, even at gun point in Africa?
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by elmessiahs(m): 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
iLiquidator:
Blaming officers not the applicant who tries to force entry into the facility is a fallacy. It shows how gullible you are to people looking for cheap media support.
Am I really gullible, that's the innocent part of me .
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by omoadeleye(m): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2021
If you want to find out now, the guy might be a rude guy to them..

You were told to park your car outside and you were still being aggressive that you won't park outside.

There are some wahala you can avoid. But, the aggressiveness and rudeness of the guy won't restrain him from collecting the beatings of his life.

2 Likes

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by faithfull18(f): 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
Oppy2k2:

This is not true sir, I went to the same center in Ado Ekiti to process my passport also. I was allowed to park inside their compound without any harassment. This case needs to be thoroughly investigated while eering officers are severely dealth with.
And you didn't know someone inside
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
NaijaGoBetter20:
Sorry
Nigeria is not a place you claim right all the time. I will never support the activities of these immigration officers but we need to always have second thought when dealing with men in uniform especially in Nigeria (frustration is everywhere).

Baba, this life Nah sense. He thinks he is in the US, some things can be avoided.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by eyinjuege: 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2021
He should have obeyed them when they asked him not to park there. But that's not a reason to be so violent towards him.
They should have just clamped his vehicle and towed it away, if he had parked there.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by pongwa(m): 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
fabinfos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAQNsDQfVRM

On Thursday September 9, 2021, a 28-year-old Omoboriowo Emmanuel who hail from Ijero-Ekiti, like every other law-abiding citizen of Ekiti State, in the company of his fiancé (Tomilola) visited the Immigration Office situated at Odo-Ado in Ado-Ekiti to apply for international passport.

Emmanuel, an ICT Consultant, who is presently admitted at the Emergency Ward of the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital narrated his ordeal to newsmen; “I had called earlier before that day to book an appointment with one of the officials of the Immigration who is helping out on some travel documents. On getting to the gate of the office complex, I was told by one of the guards at the gate house to make a U-turn and park outside the premises but I asked him why I won’t be allowed to use the parking lot, he insisted I take my car outside. I was concerned that it won’t be safe or wise that my car is parked on the road side as this is against traffic rules on that route.

“As a young responsible citizen, I wouldn’t want to flout traffic rules or be found in the wrong books of traffic officials so I insisted I was going to use the parking lot instead. Suddenly, I was surrounded by three other officers (one of them was fully armed) who started yelling at me to leave the complex. As I attempted to drive my car out, one of the officers started hitting me with his belt and even refused my fiancé entry into the vehicle. While the car was on motion, I accidentally hit two other cars at the lot due to the confrontation by the officers who eventually damaged my car.

“The three officers beat me so hard till I passed out. I was taken to a cell room afterwards where they tried to revive and so they later took me to the nearest police station as one of the officers suggested, saying, “Let us take him to the police so he won’t die here.”

According to the doctor’s assessment, Emmanuel who is in a critical condition, has suffered neck fracture, broken left ankle, femur and toes, and a dislocated right arm. He has been referred to the Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital for further examination.

Omoboriowo Emmanuel, while lamenting his situation, has demanded that justice be served and have informed his lawyer of his ordeal. “I have done nothing wrong. These officers have treated me unjustly and I want justice. Many citizens go through this horror everyday in the hands of uncultured uniform men and I want the government to proffer lasting solutions.

Source: https://kikiotolunews.com/immigration-officers-batter-passport-applicant-in-ekiti-breaks-his-neck-full-details/
no justice here man, you brought it upon yourself. Next time be law abiding. English cannot save you in all situation
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Akinh: 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2021
This is not the whole story...I guess even if Mr Lainsun was giving a change to re defend himself about Twitter he will do better, have been telling people don't try to form Shina Rambo when u met people obeying the rules already...am sure there are some older people with sophiscated cars but they choose to ignore any scenes like this...same thing happen around last Year to me ...imagine the dude forming boss at the gate and his Co gateman are just Waec holder..but immediately I see an elderly man parking his car outside I can argue more....ask this man with napkin on his neck maybe he didn't see an older man outside trekking after parking his Lexus tinted jeep angry grin.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by NaijaGoBetter20: 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
BiggyB242:

Baba, this life Nah sense. He thinks he is in the US, some things can be avoided.

I swear even in the US if still need to apply sense.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by movid(m): 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2021
kenneyyice:
Guy lets be honest you f up a bit. See you were told to park outside for reasons best known to them. You should have at least done that and ask questions later. We all know that Nigeria is currently on a red alert when it comes to security issue and that it is lawless. If I were in your shoes, I would have found an eatery, tip the security personal there and drop the car or go back home and come back without a car. Omo one has to be very smart when dealing with this military personnel. Not that am in support of this callous treatment on you but as the bible says, Wisdom is profitable to direct. Speedy recovery we pray man.
Thank you jare..He doesn't have to drag anything with them
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Chyma231(m): 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2021
My brother , you bleeped up....any security agency that government has given right to handle gun in Nigeria should be avoided....if you had packed outside , all this trouble wouldn't have happened to you.....I hope you get justice .
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Oppy2k2: 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
faithfull18:
And you didn't know someone inside
Nobody bro
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Calitoscassius(m): 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
SuperNova33:
If they break your neck you are paralyzed for life ... he just shifted his spine as a reminder that Nigeria is not America.

Absolutely!
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Muwyn(m): 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
How stupid people can be to beat a person so hard because of the damned parking lot?
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Warriorprince(m): 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
They really beat up this guy I swear.......come see how they were mobilizing to do give him group beating, they for kill him that day.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Angrygoat: 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2021
Let's appreciate busta rhymes. I have realised niggas from the 80s and 90s are back and better.
Break ya neck ,come on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY47Q2M_6lc
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Mom007(f): 6:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
Lokojatoofar:

So the response of a govt official is to brutalize him? You ask him to follow due process yet you are supporting the abusers who failed to follow due process too. Nigerians, its your type that supports extra judicial killing by the police.
Calm down, drink some cold water and then read my write up to the end this time before rushing to comment.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by favy19(f): 9:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
kenneyyice:
you are ryt
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by favy19(f): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
You should have obeyed them in the first place and this wouldn't have happened, quick recovery
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Hapinex01: 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
Oga won show off because hin babe dey motor.
Park outside simple as ABC but no hin Village people no allow hear word.
Thank God say u still dey breath
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by AABBIIMM(m): 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2021
All I can say is the matter is spiritual.
That's the work of village people, you don't need anyone to tell you this. I'm sure they've been on your trail, perhaps you even tell people your moves and intentions.
This is why you need to be prayerful.
You can get on business with Jesus Christ today and save yourself of a lot.
God bless you.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Gfskw: 11:11pm On Sep 16, 2021
Jesus
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by yulianajoness: 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2021
This is a terrible attitude towards people. You can't do that! I am always worried when I read such news and I am glad that there are companies that can provide the best immigration lawyer in Texas and he will protect your human rights. I hope this guy contacted the attorney service and got help. Unfortunately, there is nothing more important than health, and he is most likely paralyzed for life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charles Inojie & His Wife, Obehi, Celebrate 8th Wedding Anniversary / 4-Year-Old Girl Narrates How She Was Raped By School Teacher / Lady Kidnapped On Her Way To Church In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.