Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,697 members, 7,840,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Interested To Be Writer, But Don't Know How To Go About It - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Interested To Be Writer, But Don't Know How To Go About It (168 Views)

Want To Start Blogging, But Don't Have Money To Hire Web Developer? Read This / No Doubt, He Is A Good Writer, But How Can I Help Him Earn From It. / Are You Interested To Back Up Your Daily Job With These Viable Agro Farm Biz ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interested To Be Writer, But Don't Know How To Go About It by Clark2205(m): 12:33am On Sep 16, 2021
Hi, Endurance by name

Am not really happy with myself as a man, and it took me sometime to realize this, before I go further, I will love to quickly disclose little about educational background. I graduated from St. Thomas Aquinas College in Akure and further education in Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo Ondo State studying food science and technology.

Am a kinda guy that don't really take things seriously, I knew I have to manage my career and build myself by learning new skills but most skills I know of don't really caught my interest. After finishing my National Diploma in Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, I decided to stay back and help students with their projects, seminar write up, assignments, photocopy and others (man got to survive) but that's not the main reason I decided to start this work. Yes, I am seeing my daily bread doing this job as well as sorting some bills and sending to families and friends, but I still feel empty, I knew one thing was missing out, I was doing well at my place of work helping students especially in my field of study with their write up, but I was not helping myself developing the skills I really wanted so badly “writing”.

My schedules are so tight helping students with their works, I barely have time for my self talk less of helping myself developing my writing skills.

I know vividly well that I can do this, but I need a helping hand. Someone with good heart and good writing skills that can help me and safe guild my fragile writing mind to acquire more understanding in the writing world.

I don't mind if anyone can give me a topic to write on, and after done writing, he/she can also help me proofread, and tell me where I need to work on. Plz, this really mean a lot to me.

Thank You and God bless
Re: Interested To Be Writer, But Don't Know How To Go About It by Ammishaddai: 12:45am On Sep 16, 2021
My brother , the secret to good writing is reading extensively. Once you can do this , even Shakespeare would cut cap for you .

But here are two books I'll strongly recommend to help you on your journey: The Elements of Style by William Strunk & Everybody Writes by Anna Handley .

Farewell !
Re: Interested To Be Writer, But Don't Know How To Go About It by Clark2205(m): 12:50am On Sep 16, 2021
Ammishaddai:
My brother , the secret to good writing is reading extensively. Once you can do this , even Shakespeare would cut cap for you .

But here are two books I'll strongly recommend to help you on your journey: The Elements of Style by William Strunk & Everybody Writes by Anna Handley .

Farewell !

Thanks sir, will surely read those sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Become A Millionaire Copywriter? / Develop Your Career With Naijaprojects.com.ng / SDIL Free Developing Management/ Leadership Competencies Course (volume 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.