Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,725 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) (41366 Views)

Ladies Spotted Surreptitiously Entering Class While The Lecture Is Ongoing / Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) / Get Paid #50,000 For Solving A Mathematical Task(Real and legal mods beware ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Kingzy4pep(m): 9:15am On Sep 17, 2021
Mass failure loading
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Kyase(m): 9:16am On Sep 17, 2021
ColdHeatt:
Let this happen in Kano State university and see how the lecturer would be badmouthed here till he commits suicide.
Was about typing this

I just dey watch dem

2 Likes

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Isobug: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2021
MSRA:

For where? Probably the toughest course out there. And this is coming from a Physics tutor. Especially theoretical physics. So abstract....Its a generally recognized fact at UniLag that Physics (Science not Education ooo) is the toughest course in the Uni. Due to the absolute dearth of 1st Class graduates. At least back in my days ooo. Dont know how it is now.
Me I don't know the essence of that theoretical physics. That Course is just an elevated form of Advanced mathematics. Everything is in integration and differentiation

2 Likes

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by AdemolaA2: 9:19am On Sep 17, 2021
38Noob:
Chemistry is more harder than physics

Chemistry is hard”er” qualifies the intensity of its difficulty so , there shouldn’t be a need for you to add “more” to the statement .. cheers !!!
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by emdeey(m): 9:19am On Sep 17, 2021
ColdHeatt:
Let this happen in Kano State university and see how the lecturer would be badmouthed here till he commits suicide.

They will start with product of "Quota system"

2 Likes

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by OBTMOS(m): 9:24am On Sep 17, 2021
This is not good.
Do t bring everything online.
You are not just tarnishing the image of the lecturer but also that of your school and your country.
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by bigpicture001: 9:27am On Sep 17, 2021
TenQ:

Maybe you teach secondary school physics.
Itbis usually in the process of carrying the student along that the teacher mixes up a step. It can happen to the best of us. The lecturer should have called for a break from the question. The problem will be solved in the next class.QED.

Class Dismissed

Bro it's not about what I teach.. it's about teacher preparedness to class.. everything u teach must be practiced before u enter the class. So u be ready for questions and be able to sort out out of the blue confusion.. the teacher was over confident and lack preparedness...

He was clumsy and he deserves the embarrassment he got... D u know he has the right to select a topic to be taught till he is ready with the most difficult ones...

I repeat it should never happen... A reminder I also teach advanced econometrics at the University level for final year students... S he doesn't have an excuse
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Gentlerespect76: 9:27am On Sep 17, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Someone that has not been paid for months and is thinking of where the next meal will come from. Why won't he forget?

Thank you for your uncommon wisdom. Forget little Nairaland boys still suckling their mothers' breasts; they can at least feel free to revel.
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Ibkhaleel001: 9:28am On Sep 17, 2021
ColdHeatt:
pls tell them oo

2 Likes

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Kyase(m): 9:28am On Sep 17, 2021
38Noob:
Definitely useless on their own but on physics being broad let's not forget the organic part of chemistry
This one dey talk about secondary school chemistry and physics

Physics is hard
Only physics has law guiding the universe
I no wan talk too much
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Lamasta(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2021
Some works require extra preparation before teaching
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by femicyrus(m): 9:30am On Sep 17, 2021
Imagine a surgeon at this state in the middle of an operation. Many died as a result but unreported!
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by zuto4u(m): 9:34am On Sep 17, 2021
Chai!!!
hisexcellency34:
Someone that has not been paid for months and is thinking of where the next meal will come from. Why won't he forget?
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by dbynonetwork: 9:42am On Sep 17, 2021
deavicky:
Same thing happened to me while serving. I got stuck in one SS1 maths. As I was struggling I remember that my maths teacher while in secondary school got stuck on that same question, so had to tell the children to go for break. It can happen to anyone.
Exactly!
When I was in SS2 our maths teacher got stuck while solving a maths question. He intelligently joked about it and gave that particular math problem as a homework, then continued teacher. The next day he solved it.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Iyanuoluwa2000: 9:46am On Sep 17, 2021
Are you mocking the lecturer? Do you think Physics is all that easy?
onthehill:
“Physics na your mate?,” UNN student asks, after his lecturer got stuck while solving a question

A video shared online captured the moment a lecturer got stuck while solving a physics question, IgbereTV reports.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CT4fyi6gBrd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXO2wEFjIU0
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by TenQ: 9:47am On Sep 17, 2021
bigpicture001:

Bro it's not about what I teach.. it's about teacher preparedness to class.. everything u teach must be practiced before u enter the class. So u be ready for questions and be able to sort out out of the blue confusion.. the teacher was over confident and lack preparedness...

He was clumsy and he deserves the embarrassment he got... D u know he has the right to select a topic to be taught till he is ready with the most difficult ones...

I repeat it should never happen... A reminder I also teach advanced econometrics at the University level for final year students... S he doesn't have an excuse
Like I said, maybe the lecturer could have prepared better BUT solving problems in the class can sometimes get out of hand because the lecturers mind is divided between solving the problem AND carrying the students along with the solution.

And sometimes, an error somehow creeps in and the lecturer cannot quickly find it. This is usually the problem (a discrepancy between the lecturers preparation AND what he has written on the Board.

Kudos to him though: it means he is not just copying out the note for the students. He is ACTIVELY carrying them along. I have taught advanced Physics before, so I understand.

Me, I see a lecturer trying hard to engage his students AND not just a note dictator/copier.

Some aspects of Physics are abstract. Once you try too hard to force Sense into it, you distort the principle or concept behind the theory. How does one physically explain why √(-1) = i
Unfortunately as a physics teacher, you are forced to cook up explanations why such is valid within a solution.

3 Likes

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by molybdenum0012: 9:49am On Sep 17, 2021
AlphaStorm:

Statistical physics will fit kpai u if u no take care !!!!!!

That shii is d Devil !!!!

I almost ran mad studying that course. Imagine staring at a text for a whole week and a still cannot comprehend anything. That is statistical Physics.
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:52am On Sep 17, 2021
As I am now, even if I physics question,I can't answer one, my brain is only working on how to have a good meal
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by eas01: 9:52am On Sep 17, 2021
ColdHeatt:
You again!!!.You mean the kano almajiri state University right? Cowrabian University. grin
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Bahamas95(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2021
It could happen to anybody, even presidents dey forget people names.

Getting stuck doesn't mean he is an olodo, something might be troubling him.....Same thing happen to students during exams, you go just forget how to spell simple four letter word.

1 Like

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Johnboom: 9:57am On Sep 17, 2021
Isobug:

Me I don't know the essence of that theoretical physics. That Course is just an elevated form of Advanced mathematics. Everything is in integration and differentiation
Mathematics is the backbone of science. Flight in aircraft and others are based on Mathematics.
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by HembaqMbk: 9:57am On Sep 17, 2021
TenQ:

Like I said, maybe the lecturer could have prepared better BUT solving problems in the class can sometimes get out of hand because the lecturers mind is divided between solving the problem AND carrying the students along with the solution.

And sometimes, an error somehow creeps in and the lecturer cannot quickly find it. This is usually the problem (a discrepancy between the lecturers preparation AND what he has written on the Board.

Kudos to him though: it means he is not just copying out the note for the students. He is ACTIVELY carrying them along. I have taught advanced Physics before, so I understand.

Me, I see a lecturer trying hard to engage his students AND not just a note dictator/copier.

Some aspects of Physics are abstract. Once you try too hard to force Sense into it, you distort the principle or concept behind the theory. How does one physically explain why √(-1) = i
Unfortunately as a physics teacher, you are forced to cook up explanations why such is valid within a solution.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Bilbao: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2021
Lol.
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:00am On Sep 17, 2021
Alusiizizi:

Absolutely. It's a shame someone had to post this video, as if it shows anything. When in front of an audience, there's always a tension that follows about, and sometimes that can cause mind-blocks. Usually gets better with experience though.

People are abusing the privilege of having android phones! The illiterate that recorded the video while Lecture is going on is another thing.

1 Like

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by emecheboy2(m): 10:00am On Sep 17, 2021
This can only be caused by over-confidence and coming to lecture students unprepared. am saying this from experience, I once spotted a mistake made by my lecturer in electric circuit theory where he was trying to prove one theorem; I never got an A in all the courses he taught me till I graduated.
Never ever correct them

3 Likes

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:05am On Sep 17, 2021
Alusiizizi:

Absolutely. It's a shame someone had to post this video, as if it shows anything. When in front of an audience, there's always a tension that follows about, and sometimes that can cause mind-blocks. Usually gets better with experience though.

People are abusing the privilege of having android phones! The illiterate that recorded the video while Lecture is going on is another thing.
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:05am On Sep 17, 2021
Alusiizizi:

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by kunlejazz(m): 10:08am On Sep 17, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

Funny enough.....physics nor be difficult subject like that way he be say all those students dey shout whether physics nor your mate

Lol...it's clear this is coming from an unexposed mind. Do your research. Physics is generally considered one of the most difficult subjects in the world, if not the most difficult.

Why do you think 'Einstein' is used to typify nerds, and 'rocket science' is considered the perfect example of anything difficult? That's because they're fields of Physics!
Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by ITbomb(m): 10:09am On Sep 17, 2021
Na why I no dey sidon for back,

Maybe there's a misplaced integer or even decimal point somewhere. The brilliant ones in the front can easily spot it, call the lecturer attention and move on while the blockheads at the back will murmuring eh ya a

Nansense

3 Likes

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 17, 2021
vickydevoka:

It depends on de course. If u ate teaching a particular course In engineering for years u don't need HiPreparation. Y physics n mathematics lectures are different is that the switch de young lecturers all de time. Buh u see Dr. N professors. Dem fit teach on particular field for 20 years. Most of civil engineering lectures don't come owth note. Dem de quote de not verbatim off hand

I see.
One thing I've learnt, overconfidence kills.

1 Like

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by JANK23H(m): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2021
It can happen to even the best lecturer.

The students themselves do not understand or are dense themselves, otherwise they would have called his attention to where he made a mistake so he can make corrections.

I think he is trying to derive an equation or prove a theorem and must have missed a sign(+/-), skipped a step or something.

1 Like

Re: UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2021
38Noob:
Chemistry is more harder than physics
It depends the one you find easier.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘Boniface Igbeneghu Acted So Godly On Campus’ — UNILAG Student On Lecturer / If You Can Solve These Math Problems, You Are One Of The World's Smartest / Kogi State Polytechnic Lecturer Slaps Student Into Unconsciousness (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.