Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Mini Cooper Forum - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mini Cooper Forum (4681 Views)

Check Out The Fresh Mercedes And Mini Cooper Rides( Photos ). / Mini Cooper Club / Upgrading Stereo In MY07 MINI Cooper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mini Cooper Forum by Onowu1979: 5:52am On Sep 19, 2021
Hi everyone.

I have to say that i've not seen too much discussion about Minis on the forum - no doubt due to their stigma with being a car preferred by ladies, or simply that there are better man-cars around. However, few people really know that a Mini is a BMW's offspring.

Most of them are powered by same 1.5L engine found and used in the BMW i8. Interior space is surprisingly decent and driving experience on the S or the more aggressive JCW (John Cooper Works) is a blast.

Feel free to talk about your Mini here and ask questions regarding issues you might have.

Thanks.
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by PAQ(m): 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
I have always admired them, especially the clubman. They are quite popular in Kaduna, i cant figure why, but i have seen more there than any other state in Nigeria. I wonder how reliable & the maintenance costs are like

1 Like

Re: Mini Cooper Forum by kingreign(m): 7:18am On Sep 20, 2021
Onowu1979:
Hi everyone.

I have to say that i've not seen too much discussion about Minis on the forum - no doubt due to their stigma with being a car preferred by ladies, or simply that there are better man-cars around. However, few people really know that a Mini is a BMW's offspring.

Most of them are powered by same 1.5L engine found and used in the BMW i8. Interior space is surprisingly decent and driving experience on the S or the more aggressive JCW (John Cooper Works) is a blast.

Feel free to talk about your Mini here and ask questions regarding issues you might have.

Thanks.

Mini doesn't have a 1.5L engine (as far as I can tell for the 2002-2015 models). It either came with a 1.4 or 1.6 naturally aspirated or Turbo engine. They usually come with Peugeot prince or BMWs engine.

Very terribly engineered vehicle and very unreliable with parts scarce yet prohibitively expensive, for the models with the All4 (all wheel drive) you must drop engine before you remove that crankshaft sensor.

I know this cos I fix them (I stopped fixing them so no need).

5 Likes

Re: Mini Cooper Forum by chiefbuchiV12(m): 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2021
kingreign:

Mini didn't had a 1.5L engine (as far as I can tell for the 2002-2015 models). It either came with a 1.4 or 1.6 naturally aspirated or Turbo engine. They usually come with Peugeot prince or BMWs engine.

Very terribly engineered vehicle and very unreliable with parts scarce yet prohibitively expensive, for the models with the All4 (all wheel drive) you must drop engine before you remove that crankshaft sensor.

You just closed this thread
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by kingreign(m): 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
chiefbuchiV12:

lol. But na true na. Also, their boots paces and rear seats are apologetically small due to their small sizes.
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by 9icetoo(m): 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2021
chiefbuchiV12:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin. Kingreign took a hammer to the post. grin grin grin
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by chiefbuchiV12(m): 10:28am On Sep 21, 2021
kingreign:
lol. But na true na. Also, their boots paces and rear seats were apologetically small due to their small sizes.
Yeah that's true....
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by chiefbuchiV12(m): 10:29am On Sep 21, 2021
9icetoo:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin. Kingreign took a hammer to the post. grin grin grin
Thor's Hammer
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by EgunMogaji2: 11:12am On Sep 22, 2021
I know a thing or two about Minis grin

Re: Mini Cooper Forum by aumusa: 11:32am On Sep 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
I know a thing for two about Minis grin
Tell us a thing or two we r all ears
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by EgunMogaji2: 11:54am On Sep 22, 2021
aumusa:

Tell us a thing or two we r all ears

What specific question do you have? I have experience with classic Minis and modern MINIs.
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by aumusa: 11:58am On Sep 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

What specific question do you have? I have experience with classic Minis and modern MINIs.

Reliability is what my concern is
How reliable is it?
Kingreign made some points here though but will like to know more

1 Like

Re: Mini Cooper Forum by EgunMogaji2: 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
aumusa:

Reliability is what my concern is
How reliable is it?
Kingreign made some points here though but will like to know more

They are very reliable when maintenance is done as specified.

Life is too short, please buy and own anything that you want if you have the means.

I see Jaguars and Opels as well as many other non descriptive vehicles running around Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Mini Cooper Forum by kingreign(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2021
Old classic minis are reliable for what they're.

Modern Minis especially early 2000s till 2016 models are terrible. A mix of BMW and Peugeots. How more terrible could these get?
Early 2000s had a CVT as auto transmission, they were known to throw up failures. Their turbos also were known to fail, prince engines, N18 with turbos were also known to develop faults. Then are their electricals.

Access to parts are also an issue here in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Mini Cooper Forum by aumusa: 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

They are very reliable when maintenance is done as specified.

Life is too short, please buy and own anything that you want if you have the means.

I see Jaguars and Opels as well as many other non descriptive vehicles running around Nigeria.

Yeah true talk,
When you come to kano you'd see different card roaming around

1 Like

Re: Mini Cooper Forum by Onowu1979: 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2021
Educate yourself bro. There is a 1.5l engine for the 3rd generation minis
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by Onowu1979: 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
kingreign:

Mini doesn't have a 1.5L engine (as far as I can tell for the 2002-2015 models). It either came with a 1.4 or 1.6 naturally aspirated or Turbo engine. They usually come with Peugeot prince or BMWs engine.

There you go. 1.5l mini engine displacement for 3rd generation minis. It pays to be objective. Do your research next time before commenting so you wont sound stupid.

1 Like

Re: Mini Cooper Forum by Onowu1979: 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2021
chiefbuchiV12:

No he didn't. I just schooled him with facts.
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by kingreign(m): 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2021
Onowu1979:

There you go. 1.5l mini engine displacement for 3rd generation minis. It pays to be objective. Do your research next time before commenting so you wont sound stupid.
Next time read S L O W L Y before you hastily rush to disapprove. Besides, Wikipedia is no authority when it comes to proper research. Learn this so you wont be stupidly blinded with fallacies.
kingreign:

Re: Mini Cooper Forum by sooperrescue(m): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2021
No need for insults. It is a wonderful thread. I want to learn why it fails and why it's so cheap to buy nowadays especially 9ja used. It's true that they are common in Kano too. I guess that it is not meant for hustlers. It should be one of your cars or madam cars. The only thing I dread in the car is it's intolerance to our fuel
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by Onowu1979: 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
kingreign:

Next time read S L O W L Y before you hastily rush to disapprove. Besides, Wikipedia is no authority when it comes to proper research. Learn this so you wont be stupidly blinded with fallacies.

I still maintain sir, you are plainly stupid and lack the capacity to assimilate in simple terms.
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by kingreign(m): 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
Onowu1979:

I still maintain sir, you are plainly stupid and lack the capacity to assimilate in simple terms.
K
Tell that to your self.
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by xperiencelove(m): 10:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
OP open your eyes. At least "2002-2015" doesn't have 1.5L engine which you also confirmed. A car you will be searching around for BMW, Audi or Peugeot parts to replace ordinary linkage rod. A car that can have engine issue, cooling problem and electrical failure at the same time! Is that one a car OP?
If anybody want to try the cooper, the person must have another car. Even the price is a turn off.
Re: Mini Cooper Forum by kingreign(m): 3:21am On Sep 30, 2021
xperiencelove:
OP open your eyes. At least "2002-2015" doesn't have 1.5L engine which you also confirmed. A car you will be searching around for BMW, Audi or Peugeot parts to replace ordinary linkage rod. A car that can have engine issue, cooling problem and electrical failure at the same time! Is that one a car OP?
If anybody want to try the cooper, the person must have another car. Even the price is a turn off.

Don't mind the monkey. His stupid parents are to blame for bringing him to this world rather than engaging in abortion so the whole world could be with one less stupid monkey. No need dragging anything with him.

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better / How Much Is Camry Engine And Gear Box 1999 Or 2000 / Wireless Car Scanner @ N15k Per Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.