Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again (6925 Views)

FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant / FG Signs Mou On 1,000MW Power Plant In Katsina / FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by kulutempa: 12:24pm On May 26, 2011
BREAKING NEWS ON BLOOMBERG:  Nigeria's Lagos state plans 114 MW Power Plant

Nigeria's Lagos state which includes the country's commercial capital plans to build a 114MW power plant to supply its major business districts, Thisday reported, citing the state governor Babatunde Fashola.  The plant will be financed by private industry  and is expected to be completed 24 months after inception, the Lagos -based Newspaper said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-26/nigeria-s-lagos-state-plans-114-mw-power-plant-thisday-reports.html

There is simply no stopping this guy. He leaves all others in the dust or should I say, darkness.
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by emekagh(m): 12:29pm On May 26, 2011
^^^^
There are minions of plans in the country, please let us know when any materialize.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by Mariory(m): 12:36pm On May 26, 2011
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by ektbear: 12:37pm On May 26, 2011
Nigeria’s Lagos State Plans 114 MW Power Plant, ThisDay Reports
By Elisha Bala-Gbogbo - May 26, 2011 12:50 AM PT

inShare
More Print Email
Nigeria’s Lagos state, which includes the country’s commercial capital, plans to build a 114 megawatt power plant to supply its major business districts, ThisDay reported, citing the state governor, Babatunde Fashola.
The plant will be financed by private industry and is expected to be completed 24 months after inception, the Lagos- based newspaper said.
To contact the reporter on this story: Elisha Bala-Gbogbo in Abuja at ebalagbogbo@bloomberg.net.
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Antony Sguazzin in Johannesburg at asguazzin@bloomberg.net.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-26/nigeria-s-lagos-state-plans-114-mw-power-plant-thisday-reports.html
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by ektbear: 12:38pm On May 26, 2011
Can we just merge back up the 6 SW states and have 'em governed by a British style parliamentary system again?

The dude is too talented to just be governing Lagos State alone. I'd like to see his talents used for something more.
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by kulutempa: 12:50pm On May 26, 2011
emeka_gh:

^^^^
There are minions of plans in the country, please let us know when any materialize.

Project Category Location Status Mega Watts (MW)

Island Power Project II Power Generation and Distribution Marina, Lagos Island In Development 114

As you will note from the above table, the project is in fact off the drawing board and under development as we speak.

Full details about the project can be found in the link below:

http://www.lagospowerprojects.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59:lagos-state-power-projects-website-projects-in-development

I like leaders who do the talk, and don't just blow hot air.
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by jmaine: 12:56pm On May 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

Can we just merge back up the 6 SW states and have 'em governed by a British style parliamentary system again?

The dude is too talented to just be governing Lagos State alone. I'd like to see his talents used for something more.

Lol . . . Fash though a high calibre technocrat, he made sure he also lined himself with able hands to make his work easier . . .if someone like Muiz Banire takes over from him ( a Lawyer also cheesy) . .you might be amazed that Fashola could be surpassed in terms of strides . . .he is simply efficient,effective and silently  the wheels of the Fashola administraion . . . and that is what we need all over Nigeria . . . a good crop of technocrats working collectively for the good of all, a nation where strong institution are built rather than a few individuals who so often tend to feel indispensable which breeds arrogance and stealthily corruption . . .
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by ektbear: 1:03pm On May 26, 2011
You make a good point with this
jmaine:

a nation where strong institution are built rather than a few individuals who so often tend to feel indispensable which breeds arrogance and stealthily corruption . . .

The current term-limited system is good, in some ways.

So this Muiz Banire is likely to be just as effective, in your opinion?

That is good to hear.
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by blacksta(m): 1:04pm On May 26, 2011
if GEJ can deliver us light  - we shall be forced to fix it ourselves  - year 2011 we are still in darkness while the rest of the world is talking about alternative source of power yet Nigeria still struggles with the primitive one.  

At this rate  - Femi Otedola will start drinking his diesel alone.  The days of diesel selling are numbered in the SW  -
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by Kx: 1:07pm On May 26, 2011
If u ask me,

I ll prefer light to "fresh" air anytime anyday!
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by jmaine: 1:11pm On May 26, 2011
Kx:

If u ask me,

I ll prefer light to "fresh" air anytime anyday!

grin grin . . . Fresh air plenty for Nigeria . . .and the new crop of performing governors are all fresh air . .  as for GEJ, he should start by appointing technocrats as thinking and progress partners, then the era of Cool and clean fresh air would be so soothing to our health as a nation  grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by macjive01: 1:12pm On May 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

mehn, this dude ekt-bear i, apparently,  erroneously use to think u were some above-the-fray erudite fellow i guess i was wrong.
your increasingly tribalist tendencies are really casting an ugly shadow on your personalities.  its really becoming repugnant. abi u don turn x/f/stranger ? talk, so we go simply ignore u and your comments.

why the 6 western states? and not advocating something more nationalist like the president (tho i don't completely think he is awesome).

on the topic,  the so called plant to be built where will the gas to power it come from? the 6 yoruba state?
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by dare2think: 1:14pm On May 26, 2011
If we only have One of him in every state in Nigeria the progression would accelerate faster. I hope all gov-elect can emulate his standard.

You can be cynical------But His name is being enshrined as one of the most performed representative in Nigeria---------

I wish I could work for him. He seems inspirational.
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by werepeLeri: 1:23pm On May 26, 2011
what happened to the one Tinubu wanted to build during his time?
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by ektbear: 2:48pm On May 26, 2011
werepeLeri:

what happened to the one Tinubu wanted to build during his time?

He built it, but it was sabatoged by the FG sad sad sad Instead the 270MW is sent to the national grid rather than Lagos.

macjive01:

mehn, this dude ekt-bear i, apparently,  erroneously use to think u were some above-the-fray erudite fellow i guess i was wrong.
your increasingly tribalist tendencies are really casting an ugly shadow on your personalities.  its really becoming repugnant. abi u don turn x/f/stranger ? talk, so we go simply ignore u and your comments.

why the 6 western states? and not advocating something more nationalist like the president (tho i don't completely think he is awesome).
Absolutely nothing tribalist in what I said. Charity begins at home. Besides, I'm not convinced he can win the presidency, given the realties of Nigeria. So if he cannot be president of Nigeria, at least we should be able to turn his talents to serving the SW region.

on the topic,  the so called plant to be built where will the gas to power it come from? the 6 yoruba state?
They'll probably sign a NG contract with Oando
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by bkbabe97y(m): 2:56pm On May 26, 2011
macjive01:

So, because he wants whats good for his homeland, now he's a tribalist? What does Western Nigeria have in common with you guys? What kind of development is going on in your Region? How many of your governors could you, honestly, term as "progressives"? Nationalist indeed! "Nationalist" with an Ibo man that would rather let the Devil have raw se*x with him than see a Yoruba man as Speaker of the House? How come yall supporting the Hausas (for Speaker) even though the Hausa will never support you even as Janitor or Dishwasher of the House?

First get your house in order.

Your Region is dragging Nigeria down because of their bigoted attitude and you come here flapping gums accusing another of being tribalist. Wonders shall never end.
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by EkoIle1: 3:04pm On May 26, 2011
This is another great Eko o ni baje moment.

This is getting funny.

It is our job in Lagos and the SW to keep moving fast ahead into the future with great economic and infrastructural advancement

It is ibo people's job to hate, get mad, throw tantrums, cry and yell in pain and sorrow which they'll keep doing till the end of time. All they know and all they'll keep doing is sadness and bad bele.

Suxs to be ibo for real
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by step1: 3:14pm On May 26, 2011
Please people let him do it first of all before you all start praising him. God will let him see this through.
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by EkoIle1: 3:32pm On May 26, 2011
step1:

Please people let him do it first of all before you all start praising him. God will let him see this through.

Is there any project out there he promised to lay his hands on and still wont touch or complete?

What's completing any project got to do with this man that wont stop delivering and coming up with great ideas and innovations day after day?

Btw, den force you to praise?
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by Badesh(m): 3:35pm On May 26, 2011
Am I surprised at Fashola's projections?, the answer is simply no!!!!!!. Asides the vision for which he has shown clearly from the very first encounter I had as per his first 100 days in office, I knew this was a man to watch out for. And as such, with the complex nature of the state for which he's presided, you can tell that even the citizenry have keyed into his scheme. I sincerely want to be like and even greater than a man of his calibre.

Fashola, carry gooooooo!!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by emekagh(m): 3:47pm On May 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

Begone already. Who is stopping you and your no-so-secret secret Odua Republic aspiration? Your 'intelligentsia' suddenly bereft of ideas of how to make it a reality?
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by EkoIle1: 4:20pm On May 26, 2011
emeka_gh:

Begone already. Who is stopping you and your no-so-secret secret Odua Republic aspiration? Your 'intelligentsia' suddenly bereft of ideas of how to make it a reality?

na so the tin pain you reach. dang!! ibo people and their ibo rage?

Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by Demdem(m): 4:30pm On May 26, 2011
^^^^^^ Five tablets ke shocked shocked shocked shocked. U wan kill am
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by T9ksy(m): 4:46pm On May 26, 2011
bk.babe97y:

So, because he wants whats good for his homeland, now he's a tribalist?

Of course, he is a tribalist ke ! That is the same grouse they had against Awo. 'Cause the man wanted what is good for his people-the yorubas.

@ Ekt_bear, am with you on this jare and if anyone wants to tag me a tribalist, so be it. I will wear the badge with great pride.

Yeye peps who no sabi say "Charity begins at home". All dey sabi na dumb grandstanding such as "oh na we dey come develop your region for una". Ask them to go and develop their own region and they start blowing grammer.

Omo go eni ko ma ku. kini otete pa omo bi ose omugo- Pikin stupid u say make hin no die. wetin fit kill pesin quick quick if not abject stupidity.

Bad belle peps! Abegi, go take ur prescriptions jo and hopefully choke on it!
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by bkbabe97y(m): 5:47pm On May 26, 2011
T9ksy:

Bad belle peps! Abegi, go take your prescriptions jo and hopefully choke on it![/i][/color]

Eko Ile should hook them up with the injectable version of this medication to stop their hate.

Actually, I think the injectable method would be the best, afterall, they used to shooting up all kinds of of illegal narcotics i.e Heroin and its like. Why u think they usually arrested for selling drugs?

p.s: most of the african drug addicts u run into, here in NY, are usually Ibo. So, yeah, Eko Ile where the syringe at for my Ibo brothers?
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by yarodin: 5:50pm On May 26, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Eko Ile should hook them up with the injectable version of this medication to stop their hate.

Actually, I think the injectable method would be the best, afterall, they used to shooting up all kinds of of illegal narcotics i.e Heroin and its like. Why u think they usually arrested for selling drugs?

p.s: most of the african drug addicts u run into, here in NY, are usually Ibo. So, yeah, Eko Ile where the syringe at for my Ibo brothers?

Men Yoruba get sharp mouth ooh especially when they hiding behind a computer.
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by seanet02: 6:00pm On May 26, 2011
Ibos and their usual Losing Rants
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by T9ksy(m): 6:06pm On May 26, 2011
seanet02:

Ibos and their usual Losing Rants

Its part of their DNA grin grin
Nothing new there.
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by Genius100: 6:22pm On May 26, 2011
Guys, Fashola is good but I fail to see what the hullabaloo is about regarding this news. This is just a plan. I will hail him when the project is completed
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by DEEHASAL(m): 6:22pm On May 26, 2011
The project is commendable but fashola needs to deveop a project that will take Victoria island off the national grid
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by reindeer: 10:22pm On May 26, 2011
Oh my. . . .didnt like involving meself in these kind of conversations but i actually trip for this Fashola guy.
But i've been noticing that each new plan or achievement posted makes some folks angry.
Come on people, let us all support good deeds and come down hard on bad ones, this is the only way to make the nation great.
Quit hating, if you've got something better from your governors or reps, please feel free to post it. I'm sure no one would stop you but to only try to place some negativity on someone performing is quite petty.
Show some good character.
Good one fash. . . .now what is Oshiomole up to?
Re: Lagos State Plans 114MW Power Plant: Fashola Does It Again by xterra2(m): 11:45pm On May 26, 2011
emeka_gh:

^^^^
Hello Hater, This is Fashola not any of those corrupt PDP leaders
Fashola is not like them

Demdem:

^^^^^^ Five tablets ke shocked shocked shocked shocked. U wan kill am
ahahah i actually laughed when i read your comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can I Do Online That Will Guarantee Atleast $5 Daily / Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director / MINI IMPORTATION Business - Items That Sell Fast In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.