Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,894 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Crumbled World - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Crumbled World (1466 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crumbled World by dammyd46(m): 11:42am On Sep 19, 2021
"CRUMBLED WORLD "

Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
Re: Crumbled World by dammyd46(m): 11:51am On Sep 19, 2021
My head ached badly I could barely move my body, even tho my eyes were still shut I could only hear the noise of the siren, I was trying to even lift my face from the thick liquid on the floor as soon I raised it up It fell again and that was it.

**********†††††††*********************************†††††††***********************

I had been married to the Love of my life for about 14 years now, we had 3 beautiful kids two girls and a boy, Jasmine 13, Jayden 7 and Jane 5. My wife Mabel worked as an accountant at the federal reserve while I worked as an Insurer.
Our marriage was a blissful one, we barely fought and anytime we had little misunderstanding I was quick enough to go down on my knees and most times she would just kiss my bad mood away. We always created time for the kids so they don't miss out of the fun. We lived in a Flat in one the 2 story building estates built by the former military administration in the state. We live in a area where PHCN has failed terribly so most people depended on generator to keep away the heat over night.

But that faithful day, I had returned from work late due to the heavy traffic, that night the story was the same, the sound of generator took over the whole street as I drove into the compound. The kids were already out to welcome me as they shouted daddy daddy. Fast forward to about 3hours later, I had a little play time with the kids before chasing them off to bed playful so I could be with their mother. We had our normal chit chat about how our day went, funny moment at the office and all. I had basically walked back to check the locks of the door and also made sure every window was closed . while my wife went to check if the kids were already sleeping cause the Gen would last us till the next morning.

1 Like

Re: Crumbled World by dammyd46(m): 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
I kissed my wife on the cheeks as I led her into the room for our own private romantic conversation before we sleep, she laid her head on my chest as we fell sleep. I guess I had slept for a little while before I started feeling something like a direct light on my face despite it been closed like someone was pointing a heavy touch in my eyes.
I tried to open them but the light became more brighter, I tried to block the reflection of the light on my eyes, I heard someone make the shhhhhhhh sound followed by if you two make any attempt to shout I will blow your brains off, just quietly stand up and move to the sitting room.

We followed the instructions, I had watched so many robbery scenes In movies but I actually never imagined it could happen to me. As soon as I got to the sitting room I saw my children already on their knees with each one having a gun pointed to their heads. They basically didn't hide their faces and that worried me a lot, were they hired assassins or just normal robbers cause I know I basically made a rule for us not to have large amount of cash at home no matter what. But I was shocked when one of them asked my wife where the 10million dollars packed in 100$ bills she brought home was I quickly glanced at my wife who instantly denied it, but I guess the leader weren't buying it as he gave her a quick dirty slap that made her stumble, I was angry and pitiful for her despite our conditions at the moment, that my wife could hide such thing from me after we had our normal work chit chat made me sad, it was painful to see another man slap my wife in my presence and not being able to do anything. She quickly changed her answer as she said it was inside the kitchen in one of the cabinet, they quickly dragged her up as two of them went with her to the kitchen while one had a gun placed at the back of my head. I was able to calculate their number immediately they were 7 armed men including the leader.

1 Like

Re: Crumbled World by dammyd46(m): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
When the two who went with my wife got back they made a sign to the leader that they got it, then he looked at her and told her he had to punish her for lying to him. I was scared cause I could not watch my wife die in my presence, he told her to UnCloth that he was going to sleep with her while we all watched I begged him immediately like me, my son felt the way I was feeling he stood up too with teary eyes as we both begged for my wife. He then asked me and Jasmine to stand up, told us to UnCloth and sleep with each other since i didn't want it to happen to my wife.

I begged him with my teary eyes not to do that, Jasmine fell on her knees and begged, I even offered to give them the fifty thousand I had in my bag but I guess it fell on deaf ears. He walked towards the center table, picked up the flower vase and smashed it on my son's head. Blood oozed out as he fell on the floor. I was surprised that my youngest daughter kept mute during this time despite her eyes been red. Tears rolled down my face as I watched my son bleed. The gang leader looked at me and said "If I ever talk or refuse to do as told someone else will pay for it". I started praying silently in my head that he should not come up with anything crazy again but his next move shocked me.
Re: Crumbled World by dammyd46(m): 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2021
He instructed one of his members to come closer to him as he pulled down his pant, he told the other guy to do the same. He told me to look him straight in the eyes as he ordered that my wife and daughter should come towards them, my tears never stopped dropping, he asked another gang member to pull Jane and placed a gun in her mouth. He told my wife and daughter if they failed to do as told that the guy should blow up her mouth, he asked them to perform MouthAction. I was forced between watching in tears or sacrificing another child, I could only cry as the action went on. I had failed the very people I had promised to protect with my own life, I couldn't even table the life before them.
Mabel and Jasmine shed tears as they did what he wanted. While I knelt as my body was cold I couldn't build up the strength to watch anymore, as urine dropped out of my pants.
I looked at Jane's eyes and Jasmine too and but I couldn't only apologize with my teary eyes and shaking lips, the choice of gambling or replacing them with myself wasn't even placed on the table for me.

When they were satisfied, they asked them to UnCloth and that was the moment for Jasmine she couldn't hold it any longer as she went for the pistol the leader dropped on the table, I couldn't comprehend where she got the strength from but she was fast enough to shoot the leader in the head as he fell flat immediately I tried to jump like I see in the movies when people dive to take a bullet for others, but it was too later as the bullet were faster than my speed, they hit Jasmine really hard much more than I could handle, I couldn't stand it anymore as I tried to pick up the pistol she had used but it was to late, I couldn't tell if they shot Jane or not as something really heavy knocked me out as I fell flat.
Re: Crumbled World by dammyd46(m): 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2021
"About 9hours later"

My head ached badly I could barely move my body, even tho my eyes were still shut I could only hear the noise of the siren, I was trying to even lift my body from the thick liquid on the floor or even try and open my eyes, but as soon as I tried I fell again and that was it.

"2Years later"

I have been in this place for a long time, I heard a nurse telling a lady that I have been there for the past two years and I have never said a word, well only if they could read my mind. I basically didn't know what happened to Mabel and Jane but based on the pictures of myself I saw after the incident happened I could tell they were dead. Jayden had died because he lost too much blood same as Jasmine, they never told me anything but I had seen a news paper that reported them dead.
Re: Crumbled World by dammyd46(m): 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2021
Its painful to watch your whole world crumble before you, last night a nurse had placed a hand on my shoulder as she told me you will be fine. But how does fine work because all I can remember are my last moment with my family and the death that took them. Every night here I cry myself to sleep because no one knows how it really feels to lose everything, my whole world.

I hear my family calling me everytime but I have decided to answer them i have already sneaked into lab, one time I heard a Male doctor talk about a drug he seized from a depressed patient he had attended to (suicide pill) that the man wanted to kill himself. I had watched him keep it and quietly taken it behind his back. I have swallowed all right now and I can hear my family voices loud and clear, I can hear jane shouting daddy and Jasmine giggling while Jayden is been rubbed on the head by their mother, this I can see clearly. By the time the nurses get to this point of reading this I will be long gone. don't worry I promise I won't cry anymore like I have been doing all night, I am even smiling right now as you read this.

I just want to be with the people I love the most, this world is not welcoming again, Thank you nurse BRIDGET for wishing me well, I am well now. My breathing is becoming slow I have no intentions of alerting the nurses I will just rest my head on the arm of my wheelchair and just sleep. I promise you will see me smiling when you all get to me.

Forgot to tell you my name sorry. Call me crumbled wor...............

THE END

1 Like

Re: Crumbled World by Anandita(f): 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2021
God! This is too sad�

1 Like

Re: Crumbled World by PraisesPblaze(m): 11:59am On Sep 25, 2021
So sad.!! I always pray against such. Sad times will come but this very one.?! Never.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Living With The Devil - Feather's Stories / Who Is The Greatest Of These Writers? / Ab Zoe's Library '' What Inspires, Moltivates, Energise & Pushes Me To Achieve Results?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.