Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,715 members, 7,834,362 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 (25333 Views)

List Of Foreign Schools That Accept 2.2 For Masters Students? / Spilled Over Course / Does Lasu Accept 2 Sitting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Selfmotivated: 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2021
Is not a bad decision later you can use Masters to upgrade.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by OladiTwo5(m): 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2021
Irijosa777:
I wrote my final exam in July this year, few weeks later I was in Delta when my course adviser called me to come to school (Uniben), that it's a matter of urgency, I went to school, then I meet her in the HOD office. She told me I failed two courses in my final exam. She said the department is going to upgrade one to "grin" then wave the other one to me but by imprecation I will graduate as a 2.2 student.
When, I thought about it if I should accept it or come back again to write the two courses (one in 1st semester and the other in 2nd semester) to get 2.1. it was a hard decision for me to make but then I made the decision to accept the offer because of the following reason.
1. Uniben is becoming too stressful/ I'm already tired.
2. The financial expenses involved
3. Economics department in Uniben is not a joke.
4. The probability of me getting "A"s if rewrite the two courses is very low.
5. ASUU and strike
Based on the following reasons I accepted the offer, result came out I graduated as a 2.2 student but some how I started feeling sad. Though 2.2 is not the best but then I also graduate myself. I can't come and kill myself ( schooling in Nigeria university is like war).
If I may ask, did I took the wrong decision?
Opinions please!

Brother, you've taken the right decision. What if you later retake the course and you get below A? then you will graduate with 2.2.
It happens to me then in LAUTECH, guess what? till now that i have been working, i haven't use my certificate to work, and i'm leaving confortably

no matter what, "what will be will surely be" regardless of your grade. Just try and add value to yourself.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by CrystalSpark(m): 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2021
mikezuruki:

You took the wrong decision. Trust me. You'll regret it.

You should have stayed and write it. You may feel it's a long time but it's not.

How do animals in Nigeria that haven’t figured their lives have the courage to tell another man what he will or won’t regret?
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by kokoboy4life(m): 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
OladiTwo5:

Brother, you've taken the right decision. What if you later retake the course and you get below A? then you will graduate with 2.2.
It happens to me then in LAUTECH, guess what? till now that i have been working, i haven't use my certificate to work, and i'm leaving confortably

no matter what, "what will be will surely be" regardless of your grade. Just try and add value to yourself.

Hello Good day, I hope you wont take this as an offense, as you said earlier that you haven't use your certificate to work. So I am curious to know what you are into, I mean the skill that is currently fetching you income. It will serve as motivation to people that got low grade in the Uni.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Perseverance127: 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2021
He said anything less than an A would still result to 2.2, while bother him. It's not easy getting an A you know
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by CrystalSpark(m): 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2021
Spherical77:
What would you say about me who had a strong 2.1 (with 4.21CGPA) graduated earlier last year and still out of job?

He, like other other typical Nigerians, will say “It is well. Develop yourself”
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Snitch24(m): 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2021
Irijosa777:

I don't get you.
Do you think is everybody that need Bsc before they can work in this country.

Ur getting me wrong
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by gentleibraheem(m): 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bro don't miss that 2:1
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Gireiboy(m): 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2021
whippersnapper:
2:2 is better .in my school 2:2 is a first class in another uni.
Stop lying to yourself bro!
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by 9isguy(m): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2021
So we wey graduate with 2:2 no get hope like this… �.. I don employ the person way carry first class comot for my set
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
CrystalSpark:

How do animals in Nigeria that haven’t figured their lives have the courage to tell another man what he will or won’t regret?

Obviously the uncourteous animal here is you.

Because if the guy hadn't brought it here to know our thoughts, your stupid self wouldn't have an opportunity to mention who did better than your father, and also is doing better than do.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by OladiTwo5(m): 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2021
kokoboy4life:

Hello Good day, I hope you wont take this as an offense, as you said earlier that you haven't use your certificate to work. So I am curious to know what you are into, I mean the skill that is currently fetching you income. It will serve as motivation to people that got low grade in the Uni.

I did some IT training(CCNA, Mobile app development and I also learn SQL), later on, I got an internship role on data analyst(because of my little or no SQL skills) and without getting paid for like 1 good year.

The experience I gathered during my internship is what is paying off now.
I'm almost at the edge of being a Machine Learning Engineer

I've also worked for like 3 top companies in Nigeria.

The only time my education certificate features is when I have accepted the companies offer, and I am call me for documentation

1 Like

Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by CrystalSpark(m): 7:02pm On Sep 22, 2021
mikezuruki:

Obviously the uncourteous animal here is you.

Because if the guy hadn't brought it here to know our thoughts, your stupid self wouldn't have an opportunity to mention who did better than your father, and also is doing better than do.

You did better than my father?! Lol! He’s a happy man Bros

Can’t say same for you
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by ArcToyin(m): 8:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
Irijosa777:
I wrote my final exam in July this year, few weeks later I was in Delta when my course adviser called me to come to school (Uniben), that it's a matter of urgency, I went to school, then I meet her in the HOD office. She told me I failed two courses in my final exam. She said the department is going to upgrade one to "grin" then wave the other one to me but by imprecation I will graduate as a 2.2 student.
When, I thought about it if I should accept it or come back again to write the two courses (one in 1st semester and the other in 2nd semester) to get 2.1. it was a hard decision for me to make but then I made the decision to accept the offer because of the following reason.
1. Uniben is becoming too stressful/ I'm already tired.
2. The financial expenses involved
3. Economics department in Uniben is not a joke.
4. The probability of me getting "A"s if rewrite the two courses is very low.
5. ASUU and strike
Based on the following reasons I accepted the offer, result came out I graduated as a 2.2 student but some how I started feeling sad. Though 2.2 is not the best but then I also graduate myself. I can't come and kill myself ( schooling in Nigeria university is like war).
If I may ask, did I took the wrong decision?
Opinions please!

You have made the best decision. A bird at hand is better than the one you are expecting.

In the market today, it is not about grade but grace, competency, smartness, technically know how, favor etc.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by whippersnapper(m): 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2021
Gireiboy:

Stop lying to yourself bro!
Kai baba na for ABU oh.wey be say we no even get person wey graj with 2;1
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Sonicroyel: 1:31am On Sep 23, 2021
2.2 in uniben omo no be beans oh
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Gireiboy(m): 10:01am On Sep 23, 2021
whippersnapper:
Kai baba na for ABU oh.wey be stay we no even get person wey graj with 2;1
ABU is a conventional University with over 70 departments! so, which department are you referring to?
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Chachamiliano: 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
mikezuruki:

I didn't graduate with a 2.2.

I equally have experience just like you mentioned. But when you and a 2.1 person have the same years of experience for a job, the result will be the tie breaker.

Op gave in too quickly. I mean, how can you study just two courses for a whole year and not get A on both? The financial implication? Well, he would see in time that it was never the problem.

Op, I hope you don't come here with series of thread saying why 2.2 graduate are marginalized.

All the best.

Easier said than done. Greatest mistake to make is trying to go back to the hands of time. Apart from GT ( graduate trainee) most company just put B.sc holder. What is the assurance he will get A when he rewrites the A?
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2021
Chachamiliano:

Easier said than done. Greatest mistake to make is trying to go back to the hands of time. Apart from GT ( graduate trainee) most company just put B.sc holder. What is the assurance he will get A when he rewrites the A?

You are right though. But Graduate Trainee is a good way to start.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Spherical77(m): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2021
CrystalSpark:

He, like other other typical Nigerians, will say “It is well. Develop yourself”

Boss man need money to keep body and soul together. One needs cash, no matter how small it is to develop his/herself
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Chachamiliano: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2021
mikezuruki:

You are right though. But Graduate Trainee is a good way to start.

No doubt about that but with 2.2 one can make headway in several sectors such as sales, engineering, ICT just to name a few.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2021
Chachamiliano:

No doubt about that but with 2.2 one can make headway in several sectors such as sales, engineering, ICT just to name a few.

You are right. These sectors don't need certificate grade. More with skills.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Chachamiliano: 6:16am On Sep 24, 2021
mikezuruki:

You are right. These sectors don't need certificate grade. More with skills.

I graduated with 2.2 (3.45) from UNN. I cried myself out and thought it was over for me. Guess what, my first job was for a multi national FMCG in sales department. So I just laugh at people saying he should have waited to rewrite the papers when with that 1yr, be would be miles ahead
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 24, 2021
Chachamiliano:

I graduated with 2.2 (3.45) from UNN. I cried myself out and thought it was over for me. Guess what, my first job was for a multi national FMCG in sales department. So I just laugh at people saying he should have waited to rewrite the papers when with that 1yr, be would be miles ahead

That's if he knows what he's doing.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by kokoboy4life(m): 11:04am On Sep 24, 2021
OladiTwo5:

I did some IT training(CCNA, Mobile app development and I also learn SQL), later on, I got an internship role on data analyst(because of my little or no SQL skills) and without getting paid for like 1 good year.

The experience I gathered during my internship is what is paying off now.
I'm almost at the edge of being a Machine Learning Engineer

I've also worked for like 3 top companies in Nigeria.

The only time my education certificate features is when I have accepted the companies offer, and I am call me for documentation

Wow This is great. for sometimes I have tried to learn some I.T Skills but in the course of learning the skills I always got discouraged. This sadden my heart, I wish to take the opportunity of the current trend of Tech Skills domination of job markets, Though I do not have I.T academics background maybe that is the reason of poor understanding of Tech skills.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Hassanmaye(m): 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
Evergreen4:
Ogbeni carry your 2.2 and getat. Even PhD holders dey jobless for this kontry
Leave him his eyes Will clear, he think employers Now think about 2.1 or 2.2 they All know is scam, what they look for now is what can you do for us .
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Hassanmaye(m): 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
letristian:
It's better for you to wait a little for the 2.1

Some opportunities out there don't consider 2.2 no matter how brainy you are, they're more interested in what your cert says than what's in your brain
Lies
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Hassanmaye(m): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2021
The5DME:
Take the 2.2 and get out.
Hahahhahahaha leave him his eyes will clear when with the 2.2 he will still teach in secondary school
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Hassanmaye(m): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2021
CSTRR:
The difference between 2.1 and 2.2 is great in the labour market.

There are jobs a 2.2 can't apply for.

If you are a student here, don't make the same mistake.

Even if it is two extra years, stay and get your 2.1.
Hahahhahahaha lies for people that don't know was going on
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Hassanmaye(m): 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2021
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

Young man better used that extra one year to go and enhance you degree by enrolling in a masters programme...there are tons of 2.1s and First class products littered over the job market with nothing to hold on to.
I saw my best graduating student in Abuja, teaching
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Hassanmaye(m): 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2021
VTJN:
PhD holders fought vigorously to get OYO state civil service job, as a class room teachers

I graduated top of the class and still jobless bro

Grab your certificate and move on. You've made the right decision for yourself
Bro here in Kaduna people with PhD applied for teaching Jobs
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Hassanmaye(m): 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2021
mikezuruki:

I didn't graduate with a 2.2.

I equally have experience just like you mentioned. But when you and a 2.1 person have the same years of experience for a job, the result will be the tie breaker.

Op gave in too quickly. I mean, how can you study just two courses for a whole year and not get A on both? The financial implication? Well, he would see in time that it was never the problem.

Op, I hope you don't come here with series of thread saying why 2.2 graduate are marginalized.

All the best.
Lies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp / Kwara State Polytechnic Expels Eight Students For Exam Malpractice (full List) / Four UNILAG Students Jailed For Cult Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.