Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Jeff Bezos Commits $1 Billion To Conservation - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Jeff Bezos Commits $1 Billion To Conservation (790 Views)

Jeff Bezos Is Not A Global Dominationist / World's Most Dangerous Laptop’ Is On Sale For $1.2 Million / Hewlett Packard Enterprise Buys Supercomputer Maker Cray For About $1.4 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jeff Bezos Commits $1 Billion To Conservation by Techinitiates: 1:44am On Sep 22, 2021
The retire Amazon CEO said his recent trip to space has further inspired him to protect the planet.

Jeff Bezos is donating $1 billion of his $10 billion climate philanthropy pledge to protect biodiversity and carbon-saving forests in the Andes, the Congo Basin, and the tropical Pacific Ocean. After nearly three decades leading Amazon, which has a vast and growing carbon footprint, Bezos seems intent on forging a new identity as an environmentalist and perhaps the world’s most generous financier in the fight against climate change. And that expensive trip to space he just took? Bezos says it was enlightening.

“Nature is our life support system and it’s fragile,” the billionaire said Monday at a press conference. “I was reminded of this just this July when I went into space with Blue Origin. I’d heard that seeing the Earth from space changes one’s point of view of the world, but I was not prepared for just how much that would be true.”

visit

https://techinitiates.com/jeff-bezos-commits-1-billion-to-conservation-as-amazon-destroys-the-worldon-september-21-2021-at-625-pm/iiii

(1) (Reply)

. / Help! Hardware Problem. / I Need Fast Answers ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.