Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? (30427 Views)

How Can You Tell If A Car Has Overheated In The Past? / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court / How To Tell If Your Car Tyres Are Expired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2021
A heavily dented car handled by veterans, the spray, parts, repairs and fixes done very well and look as good as new.

Just as the topic says; drivers, car owners, buyers and experts, can you tell if a car had accident in the past? (How?)

9 Likes

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Kingdemu: 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2021
Stephenmoka4:
A heavily dented car handled by veterans, the spray, parts, repairs and fixes done very well and look as good as new.

Just as the topic says; drivers, car owners, buyers and experts, can you tell if a car had accident in the past? (How?)

Lalasticlala
Ever heard of VIN check?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by FalseProphet1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 24, 2021
The VIN should be able to tell you the history of the car.

Or better still, consult your prophet, and he'll be able to tell you if it was involved in an accident or not.

This I have seen.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Mukah1234(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Here to learn too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by saferoom: 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Ok
Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Ikpunwanyianamb: 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Yes,the backbone will be destroyed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by chical: 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Righteousness 2 will come and say it is vanity

27 Likes

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by kennosklint(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Yes, but you have to pay 50k first for the package

5 Likes

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by femi4: 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Stephenmoka4:

car fax tinz, just post the VIN on any of those car history website for checks. They will tell you the date with pictures

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Chidexter(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Person say backbone. For car? Lmao

6 Likes

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by RedEnergy: 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Aufbauh(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Yeah, with VIN check on your system you can know the past history of the car. This include the state of the car when it was manufactured.

The car's vehicle identification number (VIN) is the identifying code for a SPECIFIC automobile. The VIN serves as the car's fingerprint, as no two vehicles in operation have the same VIN.
A VIN is composed of 17 characters (digits and capital letters) that act as a unique identifier for the vehicle.
A VIN displays the car's unique features, specifications and manufacturer.
The VIN can be used to track recalls, registrations, warranty claims, thefts and insurance coverage.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by DrKlever(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
That's simply what VIN check is for.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by ithink7: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2021
People talk about VIN, Nigeria doesn’t record vehicle history. So if the the accident happened in Nigeria, there’s no record.
My time tested street formula, Pay very close attention to the body work.
Different shades of paint color in areas of first impact like front, bonnet, doors, etc
Uneven surfaces
Rough edges
Light reflection from body painting. If it’s not shiny and smooth, it’s been worked on.

175 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Oppy2k2: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2021
Run d vin check
Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Agromuda(m): 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kingdemu:
Ever hers of VIN check?

Tell us about it please

2 Likes

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Kwara1stson: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2021
Something doesn't always seem right

2 Likes

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Kessarc: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2021
Vin checks grin but omo those Ladipo boys ain’t smiling ooo. The one that shocked me last week was the upgrade of a Lexus RX330 and that of GX 470 that was converted to Prado. Those cars are accident cars ooo.

But me I don’t think I’ll trust those cars with my life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Drsnives(m): 3:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
I never but car.. till then
Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by KUNZEH(m): 3:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
VIN go tell you now
Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by AntiWailer: 3:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
My mechanic will once he opens the bonnet.

He showed me some and I am sure I can to an extent.

First signal and wrong trigger is once they paint the car and claim any funny reasons like scratch bla bla bla , know that u are likely buying an accidented car.

No SERIOUS DEALER will paint or fix scratches before selling the car.

Also watch out for year and acclaimed upgrade

A lot of them are accidented so instead of buying the front and back , they will buy the higher version. When u see this too, RUNNNNN

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by chatinent: 3:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
Learning..

1 Like

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Dada4me: 3:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
Good job by whoever did that

1 Like

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
Run a VIN check. Saved me from buying in Nigeria something picked up from a a scrap yard in US. Some car dealers are evil.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by money121(m): 3:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
Ok
Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by chronique(m): 3:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
Stephenmoka4:

Sure. Very easy for an auto dealer. Even without a vin check, I can tell if it's had impact before by examining the car closely.
Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by OG1BABY(f): 3:07pm On Sep 24, 2021
Over to the experts
Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by themonk(m): 3:07pm On Sep 24, 2021
If it is a Tokumbo car, you can carry out a VIN check.

If it is a registered car, unfortunately there is nothing you can do except you get an experienced panel beater or mechanic to look at it. Nigeria doesn’t have such documented records for cars like other advanced countries.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by bamirotola: 3:07pm On Sep 24, 2021
Vin will tell us
Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by SarkinYarki: 3:07pm On Sep 24, 2021
Instantly from that picture I can see it been worked , when I see it in person I will even see it more

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by ikdaddy01(m): 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
use village mirrow

3 Likes

Re: Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? by careytommy37(m): 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
One of the sure tell tale signs is the paint.
An dented car must have been re-painted and it can never be like that of the manufacturer

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How The Range Rover Has Evolved Over The Years / The 9 Best Family Cars Of 2019 / Tragedy As Container Fell On 2 Vehicles In Ikorodu,4 Killed,Others Injured(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.