Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Getting A Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Getting A Car (1079 Views)

I'm Thinking Of Getting A Motorbike (photo). What Do You Think? / Getting A Car / Getting A Car Loan In Lagos, Possible Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Car by Juice191968: 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2021
Hello great people of Nairaland
I have been an ardent follower of this section since 6 months ago when I began saving for a car and I must say I have learnt quite a lot
I am thinking of getting a 2010 Hyundai Elantra, or accent of higher years (2012)
I am also considering getting a Kia Rio (year 2015 upwards)
Please guys I need your opinion on these as I am at crossroads on what to go for.

Gazzuzz, Radautoworks
Re: Getting A Car by nex(m): 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
I'm looking to buy a sedan car too. I would prefer to start looking from a Hyundai Xcent also called i10 Grand or a Toyota Yaris (not the hatchback).

I won't mind a Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent, or an Elantra. At the max, I'll try a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla (not the Uber icon).

If you come across any of these models in your search, please post an update here.

Do you prefer a Nigerian Used or Foreign Used? I'm definitely not considering anything that's not automatic transmission, and I'll really appreciate something with mileage below 100,000.

Do you have a mechanic who can scan the car and help you check that everything is intact? There are some really good looking cars out there which turned out to be serious trouble. One of them I found through Nairaland.
Re: Getting A Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
Juice191968:
I have been an ardent follower of this section since 6 months ago when I began saving for a car and I must say I have learnt quite a lot
I am thinking of getting a 2010 Hyundai Elantra, or accent of higher years (2012)
Please guys I need your opinion on these as I am at crossroads on what to go for.

Gazzuzz, Radautoworks

Abort mission .

Toyota, lexus, honda more reliable long term

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Car by Juice191968: 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
nex:
I'm looking to buy a sedan car too. I would prefer to start looking from a Hyundai Xcent also called i10 Grand or a Toyota Yaris (not the hatchback).

I won't mind a Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent, or an Elantra. At the max, I'll try a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla (not the Uber icon).

If you come across any of these models in your search, please post an update here.

Do you prefer a Nigerian Used or Foreign Used? I'm definitely not considering anything that's not automatic transmission, and I'll really appreciate something with mileage below 100,000.

Do you have a mechanic who can scan the car and help you check that everything is intact? There are some really good looking cars out there which turned out to be serious trouble. One of them I found through Nairaland.

Oh yea, I’ll definitely post updates here too if I come across. I have seen some on Nairaland but before I could inspect they’ve been sold.
Would definitely have to use gazuzz or radautoworks for the whole scanning thing to get more reasonable assurance over what I am buying.
I also don’t like the Uber icon corollas but unfortunately my budget cannot afford Corolla of 2010 and above .

If am getting it’ll definitely by foreign used or from someone who bought it new (e.g those bank staffs)

1 Like

Re: Getting A Car by Juice191968: 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Abort mission .

The problem is getting a Corolla of 2010 and above for less than 2.5m gazzuzz. I have collected your number would chat you up too
Re: Getting A Car by oladipuposadeeq(m): 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Abort mission .

funny man gazzuzz. Is she going for a war, this one you are saying she shld abort mission grin
Re: Getting A Car by nex(m): 7:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Abort mission .

It's our budget that is making us consider Kia and Hyundai.

I just read that you help people scan and check cars. I've seen a car I wanted to pay for on Friday, but my mechanic delayed me till banking hours ran out. How much do you charge for this service, and will you be available to check a 2014 Kia Rio on Monday morning?
Re: Getting A Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00am On Sep 27, 2021
nex:

It's our budget that is making us consider Kia and Hyundai.

I just read that you help people scan and check cars. I've seen a car I wanted to pay for on Friday, but my mechanic delayed me till banking hours ran out. How much do you charge for this service, and will you be available to check a 2014 Kia Rio on Monday morning?

AC is manual, engine is borderline or dead.

Normal Kia Rio paroles

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Car by JIREN01: 11:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
Juice191968:

Gazzuzz, Radautoworks
Based on hearsay, those brands are best bought new rather than as fairly used or Toks.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Hot Honda DC For Sale / SOLD!!!Toyota Camry 07 Toks XLE V6 Full Options Super Clean And Fresh / Lagos clear Nissan versa 2008 for 1.490

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.