Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? (27615 Views)

How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? / 10 Places To Visit In Nigeria During Christmas Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Okoroawusa: 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2021
mfm04622:

How much is 1M for a diasporian? About $2K? Why is anybody complaining about spending $2k on 4 weeks holiday?
Just as it's not easy making #1m in 4 weeks in Nigeria, it's also not easy making $2k in 4 weeks abroad.
If you look am well everybody dey equal only living experiences in terms of infrastructure different.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by seunajia: 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
Spent about €2000 on a 2-week holiday. I don't have a place or a car so I have to stay in an hotel, eat in restaurants and use ride hailing apps. Of course you have to be kind to your family and friends.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Sirmuel1(m): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
Angelfrost:

Anywhere??!...

Northern Cyprus
Venezuela
Afghanistan
Somalia
Haiti
Etc...

Please, what exactly do you mean by "Anywhere outside Nigeria"??! undecided

1000 Naira = 1050 Cefa

Hope you understand?
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Sirmuel1(m): 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2021
TimeTraveller:

The moment you said "richer than you", I knew you were a goat. Anuofia!

You too get wahala grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Emmanuel909090: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2021
WaffenSS:

Weren't you the person chasing after a 40k job from your 25k job back in July? Suddenly in April you visited Nigeria and spent 1.2m?

You're in Jos, not abroad, liar.

Busted grin

3 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Angelfrost(m): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
avrilwisedata:
Hehehe. Leave the table make e no break biko

I be no wan talk before o... I have been enjoying the "Show Off" since!!! grin
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Charmingrascal(m): 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
Angelfrost:

Let's just leave it at "Impossible"!... Nothing like Future or Tense!!! tongue

grin

How grammatically can you describe something that is impossicant
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Angelfrost(m): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

1000 Naira = 1050 Cefa

Hope you understand?

Yes and No... Explain how exactly those nations are better than Nigeria in terms of standard of living!
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Angelfrost(m): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
Charmingrascal:

grin

How grammatically can you describe something that is impossicant

My Brother, I don't know again o... Impossible doesn't need any further modification na! grin
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Okoroawusa: 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
WaffenSS:

Weren't you the person chasing after a 40k job from your 25k job back in July? Suddenly in April you visited Nigeria and spent 1.2m?

You're in Jos, not abroad, liar.
Chinekem oooo!!!

Nairaland people wicked o!

5 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by overseasnbeyond: 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
between 2m- 3.5m
Chuky7:
A female friend on mine said she burnt through 1m she's says Nigeria is expensive from houses data etc and that you have to keep spending she prefers the one time payments for services( i.e. in some cases)
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Angelfrost(m): 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
pansophist:
Guys, alot of this guys are lying. Over 2.5M in a month? That's like spending about 100k everyday. Really? Why una de lie like this? I don't know where this guys find the money sef, lots of Nigerians abroad are broke. Real time. No joke. Make una de lie small small abeg.

I understand that you intend to make folks back home miserable, your sense of worth is predicated on how much other puts you on a pedestals, and them having the consciousness that you're doing fine, but it is wrong. It means you're a shitty person.

Comment of the day...

Leave some of these people! Na low self esteem they worry most of them!!! tongue
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Goshiii: 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

If you want to help someone, HELP HIM! Nigeria is a mess.
Anywhere outside Nigeria is 10x better.
How you take sabi wetin you dey yan?
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by BJanta: 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
Chuky7:
A female friend on mine said she burnt through 1m she's says Nigeria is expensive from houses data etc and that you have to keep spending she prefers the one time payments for services( i.e. in some cases)

Utter rubbish ! There's nothing like 'diasporans' either in idea or as a word.Go back to your JS3 to retouch your English !
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by TNORWAY: 1:37pm On Sep 28, 2021
gentiles:

We suppose to have a dislike button on this forum. I would have clicked dislike for this stupid post of yours. Spits!
mtcheeeeew
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by TNORWAY: 1:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
ArticleBeast:

So, he should deceive the guy that abroad is rosy? You can clearly see that he mentioned if you are not financially strong still dey hustle for naija. Na una type dey make agents dey chop.
many people have the money but no opportunity.........
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by georgeakins: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
RichThugg:
It’s never very easy. That is why i decided not to show up anymore except for some Xmas seasons..

The last time i was in town, i spent more than 1.8 milla.

Including everyone who would come around for greetings, and expecting you to show some love. Naija has turned to a bad country with lots of hungry citizens walking around embarassed

It is greed that is disturbing them here, not necessarily hunger.

In Nigeria, everyone begs, including those that have good jobs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by RPG2020(m): 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
15k euro finished under 3 weeek

Nor be me and una

Before una go see me again na when all the bad politicians don die finish

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

Not true, bro. Sometimes I wished I never left Nigeria! It’s not easy to explain, but you’ll know when you leave Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SavageResponse(m): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
marttye:
Are those in Togo qualified to be diasporans

cheesy
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Missy89(f): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
$10k

Spent 1 month
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SavageResponse(m): 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
RPG2020:
15k euro finished under 3 weeek

Nor be me and una

Before una go see me again na when all the bad politicians don die finish

Be lying there, how many of you diasporeans even have up to Euro3,000 of personal money in your account?! angry

4 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SavageResponse(m): 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

Are you that hungry and frustrated to actually believe that anywhere outside Nigeria is paradise?

3 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SavageResponse(m): 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2021
pansophist:
Guys, alot of this guys are lying. Over 2.5M in a month? That's like spending about 100k everyday. Really? Why una de lie like this? I don't know where this guys find the money sef, lots of Nigerians abroad are broke. Real time. No joke. Make una de lie small small abeg.

I understand that you intend to make folks back home miserable, your sense of worth is predicated on how much other puts you on a pedestals, and them having the consciousness that you're doing fine, but it is wrong. It means you're a shitty person.

Don't mind them, let them be deceiving themselves.

They think we're all hungry and ignorant here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by mfm04622: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
Angelfrost:

Read that thing in bold again and again....

When you are done, imagine Nigeria having those 2 parameters (Steady Power supply and cheaper food)... Then learn not to contradict yourself.

You are welcome!!! cool

Togo had those things while Nigeria don't have. Yet, Nigeria is rated 170th place live in earth (very poor) while Togo is rated 190th! 20 places below!
The power you think they have, only about 40% have access to the power while about 70% of Nigeria have access to that "poor" power. Also, that power cost more than twice of what Nigerians pay. Don't you think of low cost of things, also think of how much you earn to buy the things!
Togo is an ECOWAS country, e no hard to relocate to Togo. Please go. You will know Nigeria is not bad

3 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by dettolgel: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
I can't even calculate and I don't even want to.

The fixed cost for a 3 week visits was 15k per night for hotel.

I have car(s), apart from fuel (can't say for sure I much I spent on that. I gave the guy driving me one of my atm with small money inside to sort fuel and maintenance issues without me knowing. while leaving he handed it back to me. the guy na my person) my transport is free. But I settle my driver and some old area guys as well.

Food is free kind of, I go to family and friends to chow during the day and retire to hotel at night.

Went out with friends and family at least 3 times and each outing cost me at least 50k ( pepper soup, ngwubi, roasted fish, drinks )

Went to see relatives and old friends, dropped at least 10k for each of the ( 5 families visit, that is minimum of 50k)

Did two covid tests for about 90k ( one in Abj and one in Lag). local flight to Abj and back to Lag around 50k plus

Data and call I can't recall how much that cost me, because I just kept loading it like there is no tomorrow. I couldn't stay a second without data.

By the time I got back I decided not to really balance my account and not to calculate everything to the last kobo else the joy I derived from traveling with vanish.

Money is meant to be spent. Personally once I am bored and I have 3k to 4k euros to burn I am on the run to Naija to flex. Thanks I still have loads of holidays and I can afford to work from anywhere. I can easily get one week clearance from IT to work from naija unto family emergence and my vpn will be activated. grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by onegig(m): 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2021
Ayoolamax:
Humm , i wanna tell you, this topic u bring up . I came to naija last year February i nearly blame myself cos the i spent almost a million. From data to petrol to food and long time friend with family. Though i spent almost 4month before traveled back, it nothing sha cos i enjoy my self.

1milliom in four months is extremely low.

That's 250k per month. An average person in most Lagos suburbs spends much more than this in a month so that's actually very low if you were visiting and spent that in a month.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
emkz:
Someone who just left spent 2.5m.

When I was abroad twelve years ago, 250k was enough to come to Nigeria for a month.

Now, 700k is not enough.

Wetin dey chop money: data, transport and hotels.
Hotels give a free data.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Davidganna10: 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2021
The amount of lies flying in here is pulsating, most of you are just throwing in figures carelessly 2.5million(4,5k) $15k, $10k. a family of 3 can live comfortably in every county, neighborhood, downtowns in the world and I mean everyone. Central London uk, Manhattan, new York, USA, San Francisco, CA, USA, you name it.

Except you came back for a burial ceremony, chieftaincy title, e.t.c or you have a business, or building projects gulping those sums. If it is casual visit you guys are not saying the truth. Geez!

4 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
marttye:
Are those in Togo qualified to be diasporans
Yes na, heard the place is better than Nigeria.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Boss13: 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2021
pansophist:

Yes that's possible.

A 4 star - 5 star hotel room (standard) if you beg and negotiate very well is from N65,000 - N120,000. That's just for one night. Though it comes with breakfast.

An average price for lunch in good restaurants and Lounges could cost from N5,000.00 - N15,000.00 and dependent on what you eat, your drink and the number of people with you. So you could spend N35,000.00 for lunch and dinner. If you add other activities, your total cost per day could be within N100,000 and over.

I spent more than N2.5m so I don't doubt that and like I said it is based on the individual.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 2:10pm On Sep 28, 2021
TNORWAY:
I totally dislike people like you............is like you do t want anybody to travel out of Nigeria and join you abroad.......look at a contradicting advice you just have......why did you leave in the first place Why don't you come back and also look for what to hold unto??
You're too daft to understand plane English and it is unfortunate. Clear the ignorance and bias from your mind, then try reading again to see the truth he has made plane.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. / Two Tankers Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Cars, Buses On Fire (video) / Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.