Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Could You Forgive Your Love If They Confessed To Lying To You? Why Or Why Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could You Forgive Your Love If They Confessed To Lying To You? Why Or Why Not? (767 Views)

Jesus Was A Drunkard. Yes, He Confessed. / Why Do Self-Confessed Criminals And False Pastors Sell CDs ? / Nicki Minaj Confessed She Is Possessed With A Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Could You Forgive Your Love If They Confessed To Lying To You? Why Or Why Not? by MsSophista(f): 1:33pm On May 28, 2011
THIS TOPIC STARTED OUT IN THE ROMANCE FORUM AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW REPLIES COMPARE TO THE RELIGION FORUM

[b] Darla wrote:

I'm figuring what to do. I loved him so much that I lied to get his attention. Why? I was trying not to desire and love him but I felt the love fire blazing in my heart. It was consuming my mind and soul. His touch and speech set me on high. This was the first time in all my 40-something years that I actually fell in love with someone. Married before but no love abounded-I was more like a stone- without feelings. After telling him I needed time to sort things out, he became upset and never spoke to me. Barely answering my texts, never returning calls. Dang! I was stuck and sick with love! How did I get myself into this position, I continually questioned myself. No slept, eat, drink, Nothing but sadness and tears filled my heart.

In foolish desperation I ranged his phone, telling him he had given me a disease. I wanted to stop in the middle of the lie and say "I'm joking! Ha!Ha!" before I knew it he was telling me that he had forgiven me. What the heck is this now! It is too late to undo my silly words! I toiled in guilt all day and throughout the night. Asking the God above to forgive me for such an act. Begging with tears, "God take away the guilt and shame; I will NEVER EVER do this again!"

Around 1 am I still could not sleep. I felt God pressing on my heart to tell Him the truth. I weighed the probability of him never speaking to me again against further disobedience to God. Who can say no to God and slept peacefully again? I couldn't, I knew he was asleep and probably would not answer. I texted him the gruesome details. I expected anger, shock, fear, disgust, and untrust towards me. Well, his answer was that he has limits with me now. He would forgive and be friends but nothing more. I agree that once trust is broken it takes time to rebuild. I wanted him to give me a chance to rebuild his trust again. This heinous act was so wrong and I understand his feelings. Could you forgive your love if they confessed to something so horrible? Thank you in advance for responses.
[/b]
Re: Could You Forgive Your Love If They Confessed To Lying To You? Why Or Why Not? by inedi: 3:57pm On May 29, 2011
it depends on the recipient of the lies,

(1) (Reply)

The Little Pains Of Today That Brings The Greater Joy Tomorrow / Girls Now Love Pastors / A Word For Those Waiting On Judgment Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.