Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,427 members, 7,846,784 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

His Word Is Everything - Exhortation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Word Is Everything - Exhortation (420 Views)

Prop. Abiara giving a word of exhortation at The Service in honour of T Joshua / Exhortation / Exhortation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

His Word Is Everything - Exhortation by Princiology(m): 11:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
You must have noticed that the status of a man determines the trust you put in him and his word. Consider this; if a wealthy man in your neighbourhood meets you someday and promises that he would give you a million naira the following week_ you would not only believe him, but you would even start thanking him in advance. But what if a poor man that has often depended on you for food promises you the same amount? Won’t you laugh so widely before you know he could get hurt?

So is God with his word. God is greater than the greatest man in the world today; the accumulation of the wealth of all the richest men in the world today means less than a penny to God. He is all powerful, all sufficient.

2 peter 3:5_ “For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water.”

What God can do, his word can do. The book of John chapter 1 tells us of the existence of God and His word, confirming His word is everything and He. So, no matter the situation you are or the hardship you are experiencing today_ I beat my chest that His word is more than able to settle things for you.

See on BibleTake: Bible verses about Prayer and Faith

God created all things through His word. Hebrews 11:3_ “Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God...” It is crystal clear that everything we see and admire in the world today was created by God’s word. If his word could create the whole universe, it can change your life and transform situations for you. His word is inerrant, infallible and unchangeable.

Certain Deeds of His Word

1. His word reveals our Salvation_ 1 Peter 1:10-11. Since ages past, the Prophets of God has, through the Holy Spirit, prophesied of the salvation that was to come through Jesus Christ. Moreover, everything done by Jesus to save us is written in the word of God.

2. His word saved us_ 1 Peter 1:23_ “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” KJV.

3. His word sanctifies: John 15:3, 17:17. The word of God is all we need to be made clean. The truth we get from the word of God, helps us to live a life of sanctification and consecration.

4. We are kept by the word. Revelation 3:10. Jesus promised the church of Philadelphia that since they have kept His word with patience, he would also keep them from the hour of temptation.

5. His word gives us hope: Col 1:27_ “To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentile; which is Christ in you, the hope of Glory.

6. His word guides our feet_ Psalms 199:105_ “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”

7. His word is Healing. Psalm 107: 20a_ “He sent His word, and healed them....”

8. His word is Deliverance: Psalm 107:20b_ “... and delivered them from their destructions.”

See also on BibleTake: Bible verses about anxiety and worry

9. His word gives success: God promised Joshua success if he would keep His word. It doesn’t matter if you are brilliant or the greatest of all dummies, if you would give his word a place in your life, you will have victory.

10. His word gives Prosperity¬_ Psalm 1:1-3. There is true prosperity in the word of God.

11. His word gives Peace: You should remember the story of Jesus and His disciples when they were in the midst of the sea. Jesus stood up, pronounced his word, and it was all over.

What is your attitude to the word of God?
I want you to have a positive attitude to the word of God. Put your whole faith in the word of God. It was true Peter and his mates, professional fishermen, had worked all night, getting nothing. But as he, peter, harkened to the words of Jesus, they caught many fish.

• Reference the word_ we fail to give reference to the word of God because we do not know the value of it. Because you have so many Bibles does not mean you should fill one with phone numbers. Stop jesting with the word of God, it isn’t funny.

• Read, meditate and confess the word of God_ Joshua 1:8

• Promptly obey the word: Some of us love to argue with the word of God. If something is stated in the word of God, you don’t need to find another evidence to prove it. The word of God is to believe, not to rationalise.

See also on BibleTake: Bible verses about the love of God

In conclusion_ Revelation 19:13 “And he was clothed with a venture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of GOD.” Going forward, I want you to put all your faith in the word of God, everything you need is just therein. Your success is therein, your prosperity is therein, your fruitfulness is therein, your healing is therein, your liberation is therein, your salvation is therein... mention it? It is all therein.

Why don’t you promise God now that you will always abide by his word? Why don’t you receive grace to do so? Tell him you're sorry about your past ignorance. I know He is surely ready to help you and teach you the right way to treat His word.

(1) (Reply)

Lied That I Went To Hell And Came Back - Female Pastor Confesses, Begs For Forgi / Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? / Polygamy And Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.