Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

You Need Your Church ( Pastor) To Be Your Covering (LIE)- Jesus is your Covering - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Need Your Church ( Pastor) To Be Your Covering (LIE)- Jesus is your Covering (4225 Views)

I Don't Fall When Touched By My Church Pastor For Annoting / Pastor Ajanaku Is Dead (Christ-Revival Church Pastor) / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Need Your Church ( Pastor) To Be Your Covering (LIE)- Jesus is your Covering by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 28, 2011
Re: You Need Your Church ( Pastor) To Be Your Covering (LIE)- Jesus is your Covering by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 28, 2011
One of the teachings that now maintains the hierarchy in the church system and keeps the
sheep submissive is the teaching of Spiritual Covering.

This teaching came in in the 70's in the Shepherding Movement.  Even though the leaders of
the shepherding movement have since apologized for the damage it did, the teaching is still
running strong.

The idea is that everybody has to have a Spritiual Covering that he can be in submission to.
The wife is to be in submission to the husband who is to be in submission to the pastor
who is in submission to their church authorities or apostles, etc.
It is pyramidism.

If a woman's husband is not saved or if she is single, widowed, etc. then she needs a
"spiritual father" or church pastor to be her covering.

If one is not under a Covering, they are said to be "out from the umbrella of protection".
Anything bad can now happen to them.

This is a teaching that puts people in a place where they have to take abuse and go along with whatever flaky or deceived stuff that happens.  A person is not allowed
to question or confront the people over them.

In NT Christianity we are all the priesthood.  To go back to having a fleshly "mediator"
between yourself and God is hindering a person in their growth and relationship with
the Lord.

This teaching is in most of the Pentacostal, Charismatic, WOF, NAR, etc.
It is infiltrating the Baptist, Methodists, etc. throught the Alpha Courses.

This was the source of my spiritual abuse.  As a woman who's husband did not attend
church, my spiritual cover was my pastor and his wife.

The control they had over me was so bad it was a form of spiritual witchcraft. Unauthorized control over a person is witchcraft.

Spiritual witchcraft is cold and dead and will suck the very life out of you. You either get out or die spiritually.

If you are in a place where your joy is gone and you feel trapped and dread the thought of stepping foot in your church it might be time to evaluate what is going on.

If your voice is silenced, you are condescended to, and you are not allowed to have an opinion or question the authorities in your church, Then you are not in a healthy situation. There is joy and liberty in Christ Jesus don't let anyone steal it.

Jesus is the Covering for all NT believers.

http://www.deceptionbytes.com/dbforum/index.php?topic=132.0
Re: You Need Your Church ( Pastor) To Be Your Covering (LIE)- Jesus is your Covering by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 28, 2011
(Jer 23:1-5 NIV) ""Woe to the shepherds (Pastors ) who are destroying and scattering the sheep of my pasture!" declares the LORD. (2) Therefore this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says to the shepherds who tend my people: "Because you have scattered my flock and driven them away and have not bestowed care on them, I will bestow punishment on you for the evil you have done," declares the LORD. (3) "I myself will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries ( CHURCHES ) where I have driven them and will bring them back to their pasture, where they will be fruitful and increase in number. (4) I will place shepherds over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, nor will any be missing," declares the LORD. (5) "The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will raise up to David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land."

That King is Jesus , Jesus.

He is my covering , he is my Lord, he is my GOD and my saviour.

He is also the good, great and best Shepard ( pastor ).

(1) (Reply)

The Sins (or Crimes) Of Jesus / Purpose Of Human Existence? / Attributes Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.