Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics (6364 Views)

Life In The Usa As A Student. / How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? / Nigerian In Coasta Rica check out the pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Pain(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2007
This is What 80% Live, See & Go Through embarassed

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Johnny(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2007
Nic pixs. But Lagosians, if life is this terrible, why are you guys still living in the city, especially the flood-proned areas? Una dey try oo. Then Orji Uzor Kalu; This is real 'suffering and smiling'. Are you sure all is well with you as shown on your face?
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by thabo(m): 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2007
Does Lagos really looks that. If that's the case then I'll rather stay home in South Africa. Shit man I really thought that Nigeria was batter looking than other African countries but good lord that place is mess
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Banderas(m): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2007
Thabo, the pics remind me of Alexandria, and parts of Soweto.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by MILITIA(f): 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2007
@Poster,

Only 80% ----You mean 90% of Nigeria, not just Lagos! grin  Slum country!

thabo:

Does Lagos really looks that. If that's the case then I'll rather stay home in South Africa. Shit man I really thought that Nigeria was batter looking than other African countries but good lord that place is mess

And the Logosians will party in such an environment!  Onitsha, Owerri, Benin-City, Ibadan, some parts of Abuja and other major cities in Nigeria are just like that!!!  Yet we make the most noise in Africa--For what --I do not know!!!!! shocked
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by nguage(m): 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2007
And the Logosians will party and such and environment! Onitsha, Owerri, Benin-City, Ibadan, some parts of Abuja and other major cities in Nigeria are just like that!!! Yet we make the most noise in Africa--For what --I do not know!!!!!
cos africa is home! e go better with time.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by mishoo(m): 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2007
80% ,

Hmmmm, thats a BIG Lie !!!

With all respect, thats not even quarter true !!!
Consolidate your claims before presenting next time !!
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by jaso1(m): 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2007
Misho,
why did you call that a lie? i can see you among those who exaggerate the comatoes state of the nation, suffering and smiling type. if you're fooling yourself do you thing everybody knowledge limited to yours?
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by nguage(m): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2007
i DISAGREE WITH YOUR 80% STATISTICS.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by asomedic(m): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2007
I like that pics forwarded by you but will rather prefer you include the better part of our great country. It never speak well of you and I that we only have the bad side and no good side, you know that the world on its own, is a global village which have good and bad side even the most developed country.
 NIAJA is bless with all it need  to develop but for the people you show in the last pics, which are like that the EFCC are clapping down right now.i pray that one day we will stop the way we think that make us destroy our land.
                                                                                Rexmaker .  [/color][color=#000099]
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by MILITIA(f): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2007
asomedic:

I like that pics forwarded by you but w[b]ill rather prefer you include the better part of our great country. [/b] It never speak well of you and I that we only have the bad side and no good side, you know that the world on its own, is a global village which have good and bad side even the most developed country. NIAJA is bless with all it need to develop but for the people you show in the last pics, which are like that the EFCC are clapping down right now.i pray that one day we will stop the way we think that make us destroy our land.
Rexmaker . [/color][color=#000099]

Where can we find those pictures please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone put appealing pictures of Nigeria here? I really will want to show my co-workers here that Nigeria has some road networks and facilities that at best rival those found in the ghettos over here. But that has been a challenge. So guys, please dig up "good" pictures of Nigeria and show us oh! embarassed
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by mishoo(m): 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2007
My point is that 80% of Lagos is not like that. I know of a certainty that some part can be water logged during rainy season, but for crying out loud 80% is an exerggeration. Or if am permitted to make my own Dictionary - Over Exerggeration

But 20% may be close to the truth. Let people living in Lagos talk !!!
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by MILITIA(f): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2007
mishoo:

My point is that 80% of Lagos is not like that. I know of a certainty that some part can be water logged during rainy season, but for crying out loud 80% is an exerggeration. Or if am permitted to make my own Dictionary - Over Exerggeration

But 20% may be close to the truth. Let people living in Lagos talk !!!

Like all parts of Lagos can be qualified to be called "Lagos"--- Even the "bushes" are called "Lagos"!!!!! grin Please show us the 80% good parts please! tongue
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Mamajama(m): 2:38pm On Jul 23, 2007
we do we continue to share all this pessimistic view and idea about Nigeria?  are there no more intriguing and inspirational pictures that we can find and share about this country?  It is mind bugling to see all this low life pics, not to same this are not valid issue. but we must always look at a bright side to continue to prosper
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by MILITIA(f): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2007
Mamajama:

we do we continue to share all this pessimistic view and idea about Nigeria? are there no more intriguing and inspirational pictures that we can find and share about this country? It is mind bugling to see all this low life pics, not to same this are not valid issue. but we must always look at a bright side to continue to prosper

Please show us pictures instead of sentiments! We love Nigeria too na! Haba! grin
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Mamajama(m): 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2007
Ill be back to give you pics
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Xris74: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2007
Find inspiring photos of Nigeria here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-52256.0.html
BTW, I just returned from South Africa, parts of which (Soweto) is worse than parts of Lagos.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Xris74: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2007

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Gamine(f): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2007
frm my house on the Island

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by mishoo(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2007
Mamajama:

Ill be back to give you pics

Make it good this time pls !!
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Xris74: 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2007
More Soweto

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Mamajama(m): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2007
Ill be back with more intriguing pics, we need to stop promoting this skunk pictures of Nigerians.

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Mamajama(m): 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2007
Now this are how crative Nigerians are

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by 9jaEzim: 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2007
mamajama

please may i know where they sell those beautiful ornaments n those pictures and if u could give me the amount the are priced at.
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by MILITIA(f): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2007
Interesting pictures indeed!!!  I wonder why this catalogu stops in Abuja and Lagos. tongue  What about the other 35 states in Nigeria?  I love Nigeria oh--so do not get me wrong in as much as I like to yab us and Nigeria as a whole.  I criticize out of love and humour.

My problem is that  people who present these kinds of images of Nigeria obviously have never lived outside of Nigeria to know what it means to have "buildings and infrastructure"!!!! As a country oozing of oil, we can do better than  these isolated cases.  There is no reason why every state in Nigeria should not be proud to have a well developed city at least.  Abuja and Lagos are just struggling to mirror what "development" should look like!  Still without any structural planning or maintenance culture!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!  We really have a long way to go!!!!!! embarassed
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by obong(m): 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2007
there are plenty of pictures of calabar as well. go check those out at flickr.com. nice place as well
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by mishoo(m): 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2007
Check this out !!!

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Mamajama(m): 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2007
We need inspirational pictures, that is the only way we can strive to do better and be better. We can't continue to dwell in this pessimistic view and strive to have a goal.

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by doyin13(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2007
@topic

perverse Viewer you are

@inspirationists

deluded optimists you are
Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by thabo(m): 7:42am On Jul 24, 2007
I mean really guys. You can't compare Soweto to Lagos. Lagos ia supposed to be compared to Johannesburg. Soweto is South Africa's no1 slump, so this means that if you compare it to Lagos that means Nigeria's big town is also the its biggest Slump.
FEED YOUR EYES

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by Pain(m): 8:28am On Jul 24, 2007
I'm Not A Pessimist. But Its Good To Stare Reality in the Face Sometimes. From There We Can Make Changes.

I Believe We Need A "Sincere" "CORN"structive "CORN" Stitutional "CORN" Ference. shocked grin. Yes Thats What The "Farmer Presidents" Have Being Doing.

God Help Us

Re: Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics by PeeDaVinci: 10:41am On Jul 24, 2007
Pain:

I Believe We Need A "Sincere" "CORN"structive "CORN" Stitutional "CORN" Ference. shocked grin. Yes Thats What The "Farmer Presidents" Have Being Doing.
This is a CORN-frimation of the CORN-dition in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Partial Collapse Of 21-Storey Skyscraper In Lagos / Traveling To Mali / a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.