Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today (6186 Views)

Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion / Norah Okafor Sues EFCC, Demands N20m Compensation Over Home Invasion [pix] / NUJ Criticises EFCC Over Invasion Of Norah Okafor's Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Metrix147: 8:22am On Sep 30, 2021
Abia State High Court sitting in Umuahia will today, Thursday hear the case of Abia-based journalist, Norah Okafor against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC over unlawful invasion of her premises, ABN TV reports.

Okafor who claims to be traumatized over the Gestapo invasion of her premises after the officials of the EFCC damaged her doors and property is seeking payment of damage of N20m against the anti-graft agency.

She is also seeking a public apology over what appeared to be a sting operation in a wrong premises by the EFCC officials.

https://abntv.com.ng/2021/09/court-to-hear-journalist-norah-okafors-case-against-efcc-today/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Henrick007: 8:24am On Sep 30, 2021
They should pay her

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by kingphilip(m): 8:24am On Sep 30, 2021
That amount is too small. She should have billed them #10billion naira

How can individuals who are supposed to be sensible be behaving like a motor park touts.

Good there was no accidental discharge sha, it would have been a different case by now

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by GreatManBee: 8:24am On Sep 30, 2021
Henrick007:
They should pay him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Sonnobax15(m): 8:24am On Sep 30, 2021
lipsrsealed
The lawless EFCC should better go and pay for the damages undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Isokoson1: 8:24am On Sep 30, 2021
K

1 Like

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Holadokun(m): 8:24am On Sep 30, 2021
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Xpol: 8:25am On Sep 30, 2021
Good but the problem is that even if she wins the case efcc won’t still pay the money. That’s what the country has become.

No lesson learned by the efcc, they’ll continue doing the same thing.

It’s Xpol again

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Analyst7: 8:25am On Sep 30, 2021
I pray she wins
These ppl are animals, they just do their operations by damaging pplz properties
They are the animals they claiming to arrest
But I know they do these damages because the government controlling them are tyrants and they've given them the green light

6 Likes

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Mukah1234(m): 8:25am On Sep 30, 2021
I have lost hope in our judicial system.

You can win a case in the state high court and still lose the same case in the Supreme Court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:25am On Sep 30, 2021
Okafor who claims to be traumatized over the Gestapo invasion of her premises after the officials of the EFCC damaged her doors and property is seeking payment of damage of N20m against the anti-graft agency.

She is also seeking a public apology over what appeared to be a sting operation in a wrong premises by the EFCC officials.
Justice must prevail.
We will ALWAYS stand on the side of justice in our darling nation.
We are waiting for the final judgement about this.

We Rise.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Elvixbeatz(m): 8:25am On Sep 30, 2021
Nigeria has one of d worst security operatives... Dts how one police man was threatening my life after I enlightened him on d laws of finding missing gadgets....

He asked me of my PC receipt...!!!

I told him if he has any case of a missing PC of my kind... And if he has he should show me the serial number of the missing PC...

The idiot said hnmmm .. u know the law shey...
Do u know I can kill u here and lay a fat allegations on you....

It was then tears left my eyes.....

If I ever become a Governor in Delta state I must mandate operational cameras for police officers...

And also institute daily psychological assessment for them... Becos most of them are mentally derailed...m some are worst than arm robber's cry cry cry cry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by kozmokaz(m): 8:25am On Sep 30, 2021
Good way

1 Like

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:26am On Sep 30, 2021
Henrick007:
They should pay him
This short thread is ONLY 3 paragraphs.
The words HER and SHE came up 4 different times.
Her picture was attached to the topic,
But you still ended up writing HIM
It is well with some Nigerian youths ooo!
STOP READING THE HEADLINES ONLY biko!!!

And we advised you guys on the last day of 2020 not to take this habit to 2021 (screenshot attached!)
But here we are....... undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Evergreen4(m): 8:26am On Sep 30, 2021
Her
Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by AntiChristian: 8:26am On Sep 30, 2021
Why 20M?

How much be all the damages and suit money you spent?
Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 30, 2021
The EFCC must start working with reliable intel instead of their trial and error approach of breaking into people's home with unreliable information.

If the law suit goes the plaintiff's way, it would be a nice turn of events.

1 Like

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Benitoh: 8:28am On Sep 30, 2021
The case will not receive garner much support because of his name.
Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by adesegun121(m): 8:28am On Sep 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by frank202012: 8:29am On Sep 30, 2021
Security operatives invading people's home at 1am....why re these touts in uniform behaving like armed robbers. ....
This is becoming normal and every body seems to be cool with it.what sort of country is this....
Efcc keeps forcing themselves on people in the name of hunting yahoo boys even at ungodly hour,perhaps they enjoy the view of peoples unclothedness..
This country is hell.
God why did you put me in hell without judgement....
Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by slimfairboy(m): 8:30am On Sep 30, 2021
Lol, i see many comments saying "EFCC should go and pay"... Has there ever been any case where they obey the court of law in Nigeria, except when it involves the poor? If we're waiting for EFCC to pay, shi shi they won't pay.. Shameless toys called EFCC angry

1 Like

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Blaze232(m): 8:30am On Sep 30, 2021
EFCC
ICPC
BUHARI
APC

ARE ALL USELESS MISCREANTS IN NAIJA MAKING NOISE TRYING TO GARNER PUBLIC ATTRACTION.

TOOTHLESS BULLDOGS AND SENSELESS GOVERNMENT

1 Like

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Seniorwriter(m): 8:31am On Sep 30, 2021
Lawless leaders begats lawlessness!
All started when the president (buhari) ordered the invasion of Judges houses by DSS.....
This present administration maladministration is known for lawlessness so what do you expect from their foot soldiers?
Blaze232:
EFCC
ICPC
BUHARI
APC

ARE ALL USELESS MISCREANTS IN NAIJA MAKING NOISE TRYING TO GARNER PUBLIC ATTRACTION.

TOOTHLESS BULLDOGS AND SENSELESS GOVERNMENT

slimfairboy:
Lol, i see many comments saying "EFCC should go and pay"... Has there ever been any case where they obey the court of law in Nigeria, except when it involves the poor? If we're waiting for EFCC to pay, shi shi they won't pay.. Shameless toys called EFCC angry

Xpol:
Good but the problem is that even if she wins the case efcc won’t still pay the money. That’s what the country has become.

No lesson learned by the efcc, they’ll continue doing the same thing.

It’s Xpol again

WE NEED YOUNG VISIONARY LEADERS IN NIGERIA
@SENIORWRITER

1 Like

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by dimmyj(m): 8:32am On Sep 30, 2021
Okay
Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by RZArecta(m): 8:32am On Sep 30, 2021
I remember APC îmbeciles celebrating and saying even the FBI breaks into people's houses in America but what they forgot to say is that the Americans do theirs with a search warrant cool

3 Likes

Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by Maxymilliano(m): 8:32am On Sep 30, 2021
Good move
Re: Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Good move
Very Good Move wink

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kuda App Is A Scam, Remove Your Funds Now!!! / Troops Eliminated 105 Terrorists, Arrest 140 Others In 1 Week – Nigerian Army / Young Girl Slumped And Died In Ikorodu After Being Dropped By A Car. Viewer Disc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.