Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline (34430 Views)

NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided / Twitter Bans Sharing Photos, Videos Of Private People Without Their Consent / Will NCC Block The Lines Of Non Nigerians Without NIN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by adenigga(m): 7:57am On Oct 01, 2021
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has reminded and urged telecoms consumers to link their National Identity Numbers (NINs) with their Subscriber Identity Modules (SIMs) before the expiration of the deadline of October 31, 2021 set by the Federal Government.

The Commission gave the admonition during the NCC Digital Signature (NDS) radio programme, which hosted the 2nd episode of Telecoms Consumer Town Hall on Radio (TCTHR) live on a radio station in Lagos at the weekend to discuss benefits of NIN-SIM integration.

In the studio during the TCTHR programme were representatives of the NCC, the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) and officials of telecoms operators. The live phone-in programme provided opportunity for listeners to call and get clarifications on concerns and issues around NIN-SIM integration exercise.

Speaking during the live programme, Director, Public Affairs, NCC, Dr. Ikechukwu Adinde, advised Nigerians to make use of the extension of the NIN-SIM integration exercise to October 31, 2021, to enrol with NIMC, get their NIN and link it to their SIMs. “Soon, people without NIN will be denied of necessary services that play vital roles in their lives including acquisition of driver’s license, international passport,” he said.

On the benefits of the NIN-SIM integration, Adinde said the exercise will significantly enhance national security as NIN is the primary identity for Nigerians, stressing that in line with Federal Government’s commitment to ensure that Nigeria deploys technology to improve service delivery, the NIN-SIM database will enhance citizens’ access to government services.

In the same vein, the Director, Consumer Affairs Bureau of NCC, Efosa Idehen, noted that most Nigerians are still using SIMs without unique identification, as they were yet to link their NINs to their SIMs, pointing out that “those SIMs without unique identification could be used to commit crimes that remain untraceable.”

While explaining that security should be the responsibility of all citizens and not be left in the hands of government alone, Idehen urged telecoms consumers to take advantage of the October 31, 2021 deadline to enrol with NIMC, get their NIN and link same with their SIM to avoid denial of essential services in future.

Also speaking on the programme, Regional Director, NIMC in Lagos, Funmi Opesanwo, noted that submission of NIN to a mobile network provider helps in providing a means of verifying an individual’s identity and safeguarding both identity and mobile line.

She explained that NIN will become the first layer of verifying everything about a citizen, stating that other relevant database in other sectors of the economy are being integrated into the NIMC database for proper harmonisation

“For instance, Bank Verification Number (BVN) is being harmonised with NIMC database. Therefore, BVN holders have automatically been allocated NIN and we advise BVN holders to dial *346# with the mobile number linked to BVN to confirm their integration. However, NINs generated via BVN must be verified and validated by NIMC through proper registration and biometrics capture at an enrollment center,” she said.

Representatives of telecoms companies including Globacom, MTN, Airtel and 9mobile, who attended the programme also answered series of questions from the consumers on the phone-in programme.

TCTHR is a consumer outreach programme of the NCC previously held in semi-urban areas but now modified to be radio-based, in order to reach every telecom consumer and as part of the Commission’s response to the efforts of the Federal Government to contain the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.

The first episode of the programme, aimed at empowering consumers through information sharing, education and protection initiatives, held in Kano in August, 2021 on NCC Digital Signature.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/10/01/october-31-deadline-ncc-reveals-whatll-happen-to-people-without-nim-advises-telecoms-consumers/%3famp=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by Seniorwriter(m): 8:23am On Oct 01, 2021
The people we have as leaders/Authority office holders think too highly of themselves and have a very stereotype IQ.?

NIN linking to phone numbers should be a continuous process and not one with ultimatum dates!

BTW what are they doing to have a reliable database...i know of peeps that did their NIN yet it can't be recognized by their sim providers! yet these mofos as terrorists sympathizer pantami's urchins called NCC keeps dishing out spurious threats rather than effectively engage and sensitize the pubic on the positives of linking ones NIN to SIM(s) SMH.

ositadima1:

U no get sense my brother.
I'm not a brother to a toxic ignorant mofo!....
You've been noticed though as a mofo....
ositadima1:

Can you get a new sim to work without linking with NIN currently? D deadline was for old subscribers who refused to link there NIN or get d NIN. U are obviously ret@rded.
There shouldn't be date ultimatum....telecom companies would not want to loose their subscribers so the ultimatum isn't the right approach....
Going by your use of vulgar words it simply shows your kind of person and IQ.
More so next time read slowly to comprehend comments rather than hastily quote here on a public space with stupid ignorance.
get a life.

WaffenSS:

You talk about IQ but your rant is riddled with so many blunders I question not just your intelligence, but your sanity.

You're obviously an unhinged, piss-poor, barely educated, angry, demented meatbag oozing with toxic slime.

WaffenSS:

Look at this lifeless cretinous mound of steaming shiit talking about getting a life.

You're nothing but an immature prick
You've been noticed.....get a life stop showing toxicity on a public space.....your quoting me with nothing related to the thread (NONSENSE) shows your sanity level.

We need young visionary leaders in Nigeria!

@SENIORWRITER

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by AntiBMC(m): 8:26am On Oct 01, 2021
With all the nin and sim linkage BS, terrorists are stronger than ever. Let me even ask; since some northern states have shut down telecomm networks, what is the essence of the sim/nin linkage there. Buffo0ns.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by slawormiir: 8:30am On Oct 01, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Stupid people

Nothing will happen ....

Nin- sim linking should be a continuous process

No deadline....and nothing should happen to people sim card who refused to link

They only thing they should insist on is that when ever you are buying a new sim...it must be linked
With this ....gradually or as time goes on or rather many years later.....sim card not linked to nin will automatically not be in circulation and it will fizzle out on its own

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by Enudapan: 8:30am On Oct 01, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
Yen yen yen
Nothing will happen

In Nigeria here we end up creating more problem while trying to solve them.
Just like Bvn created more (local) scammer methods against the initial plan of reducing it, that's how this NIN might actually turned out to be,
Trust another administration to come up with another number after 2023
Maybe that one will be called mwn (mushin weed number)

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by CaptainAyub: 8:30am On Oct 01, 2021
Submit my details to an Al qaeda loving minister?
One who is happy when infidels are killed.
Mbanu

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by saddler: 8:31am On Oct 01, 2021
undecided

Failed and irredeemable country.

No matter how they try to patch the forced unity of this contraption, it will surely fail one day.

5 Likes

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by uncleck: 8:31am On Oct 01, 2021
I'll link my in the last week of October. My network providers have been making me mouthwatering offers in oder to lure me into linking. The offer keeps increasing. RN Mtn has offered me 2k airtime and I know it will always get better

15 Likes

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by DoggoneDogg: 8:31am On Oct 01, 2021
Nothing will happen.
Una go still extend am to December 31st because Telcos don get Pantami number. If he do anyhow, he go see anyhow

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by visijo(m): 8:32am On Oct 01, 2021
Lol I'm not still doing it..

Sometimes you have to sit down and ask yourself why did you sit down��

4 Likes

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by greenie77: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2021
Do "bandits" have NIN?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by tradepunter: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2021
Useless
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2021
Okay naaw
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by sofeo(m): 8:32am On Oct 01, 2021
OK.
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by Dialpad: 8:33am On Oct 01, 2021
What exactly will happen? You claim to have a population of 100 million, there is covid-19 out there, how do you expect them to complete these exercise within that short period.

Why can't you issue instant NIN upon registration
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by Generalwoodz(m): 8:33am On Oct 01, 2021
Ain't gonna link any shit! da fuc.k!
Where was pantami and NIN when these Southern kaduna folks were grusomely murdered ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by Splitmind: 8:34am On Oct 01, 2021
They should be killed, no excuses
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by excomarow(m): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2021
G
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by constance500: 8:34am On Oct 01, 2021
Nothing will happen
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by ositadima1(m): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2021
Seniorwriter:
[s]The people we have as leaders/Authority office holders think too highly of themselves and have a very stereotype IQ.?

NIN linking to phone numbers should be a continuous process and not one with ultimatum dates!
BTW what are they doing to have a reliable database[/s]...i know of peeps that did their NIN yet it can't be recognized by their sim providers! yet these mofos as terrorists sympathizer pantami's urchins called NCC keeps dishing out spurious threats rather than effectively engage and sensitize the pubic on the positives of linking ones NIN to SIM(s) SMH.

We need young visionary leaders in Nigeria!

@SENIORWRITER

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by Westlyf777(m): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2021
Misplaced priority ....
Sim linkage
Jamming network up north ...
But banditry still strives ...

Happy indebondage day

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by adesegun121(m): 8:37am On Oct 01, 2021
Ok
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by Tyranny: 8:37am On Oct 01, 2021
NCC is tweakin'! I ain't linkin' shît!

Listening to Wizkid - No Stress ♩♪♫♬
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by BigDawsNet: 8:37am On Oct 01, 2021
If you don't have nin na deportation straight

List of countries you will be deported to

Brazil
France
Belgium
Austria
New Zealand

Pls quickly Goan and register now...it will not be funny if you are restricted from entering nigeria again

6 Likes

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:40am On Oct 01, 2021
Postpone it?

1 Like

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by ikdaddy01(m): 8:41am On Oct 01, 2021
Ask them...Why are they not integrating NIN with Voters card.
Its already linked with every other platform, from Sim, to Drivers licence, to Int passport, bank records, even Jamb.
Why on earth is Voters card left out.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by CocoaOla: 8:41am On Oct 01, 2021
Free innocent people from these forceful fraudulent marriages

The system is rigged to favour only political criminals
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by ositadima1(m): 8:42am On Oct 01, 2021
Seniorwriter:
The people we have as leaders/Authority office holders think too highly of themselves and have a very stereotype IQ.?

@SENIORWRITER

Can you get a new sim to work without first linking it with NIN, currently? D deadline was for old subscribers who refused to link there NIN or get d NIN. U are obviously ret@rded.
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by Kayberg: 8:43am On Oct 01, 2021
undecided

What will happen?
Executions?
I have registered since 2017, but my NIN is yet to be released.
I went to their outlet several times but I was always told it's not yet out.
I got tired and stopped going.
Now, same government that refused to release my NIN has blocked my two business SIM Cards because I didn't link it up with the same NIN they refused to give me.
Confused people with misplaced priority.
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by JayTripz(m): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Dem go soon de Hawk am house to House..'Come and Register ur NIN 100 naira'

Naija na Cruise country.. Dem never see anything

grin grin grin grin
Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by southsouthking(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2021
If heaven like make e fall, i no they link any sh*t.
Who be mumu?
Even pantami never link him own sim to nin.
Abi them see hausa mark 4 my face?

2 Likes

Re: NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline by dingbang(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2021
They will still extend it to 2023..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funniest Memes On Galaxy Note 7 Explosions / Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch / Smartphone Addicts Now Have Their Own Walking Lane In China [must See]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.