Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

NIGERIA AT 61: I Urges Leaders At All Levels To Make Democracy Work - Atiku - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NIGERIA AT 61: I Urges Leaders At All Levels To Make Democracy Work - Atiku (1331 Views)

To Make Democracy A Thing Of Beauty / Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? / Improve Hydration Levels To Prevent Dry Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA AT 61: I Urges Leaders At All Levels To Make Democracy Work - Atiku by assamu1122(m): 8:38am On Oct 01, 2021
The former vice president of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar has urged all Nigerian leaders to make Democracy in Nigeria work as well as call on government to push policies that will improve the living standards of the average Nigerians.

The former vice president made the call through his official social media handle while congratulating Nigeria on her 61st independence day.

It reads;��

As we celebrate our Independence Day, I urge for unity, even as I remain worried at the declining standard of living of Nigerians.

I use this opportunity to call on governments at all levels to push policies that will lead to improved standards of living for the average Nigerian. If this is done, I am confident that the future ahead of us will be brighter and better.

I also urge our leaders at all levels of the imperative of making our democracy work for all through justice, equity, fairness and equal spread of development across the country.

It is regrettable that despite our vast oil resources, extreme poverty and joblessness have remained persistent. There is no excuse that 61 years after independence, extreme poverty is still staring the ordinary citizen in the face.

I also advocate for bipartisan initiatives by political leaders to address the spate of insecurity compounded by joblessness and poor living conditions.

Nonetheless, it is worthy to celebrate our great nation on her anniversary today. We have come a long way together as a country. Although we have challenges that beset us like other countries, we must not surrender to them. We must work together, in truth and justice, to overcome these challenges as a stronger and more united country.

https://newsline9ja.com/nigeria-at-61-i-urges-leaders-at-all-levels-to-make-democracy-work-atiku/

Re: NIGERIA AT 61: I Urges Leaders At All Levels To Make Democracy Work - Atiku by wilcox(m): 8:41am On Oct 01, 2021
Baba leave us, this man among many others brought Nigeria to where it is today. Very selfish

(1) (Reply)

To Seun / Ttc Mobile In Collaboration With United States Telecom Training Intitute (ustti) / Total Nigeria Recruiting Production Operator Trainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.