Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,632 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 (2135 Views)

Lagos Generates N120bn From Tax In 6 Months / How To Calculate Your Income Tax In Nigeria (Ugometrics) / Lagos Generates N14b Tax Monthly –fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 by ektbear: 1:39am On May 30, 2011
on MAY 30, 2011 · in FINANCE

The Lagos State Government generated N3.02 billion through property taxation in 2010 under the Land Use Charge.

Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Rotimi Oyekan, who stated this while reviewing the activities of his ministry in the last one year, said that the amount was an improvement on N2 billion and N500 million generated in 2009 and 2008 respectively.

“The Land Use Charge came into being as a result of government desire to harmonise four different previously existing land charges into one charge_ The Land Use Charge. The old charges included tenement rate, developmental Charges, ground rent and neighborhood improvement charges,” he stated.

The commissioner said that the ministry had almost completed its assessment of all properties in the state. “The implication is that all properties in Lagos State will get their Land Use Charge notices by the end of the year and by the end of each year.”

He also disclosed that the state had been paying the monthly salaries of its employees promptly, adding that with the implementation of the new minimum wage, the wage bill of the state currently stands at N5.4 billion, while N251 million goes for pension bills. “Let me also add that the state government share and the workers’ contribution to the contributory pension scheme has been consistent and up to date with no arrears whatsoever,” he said.

Oyekan added that the state had also paid N1.3 billion to retirement savings account of 322 retirees of the state in order to ensure that the retirees accessed their terminal benefits in record time.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/lagos-generates-n3bn-from-property-tax-in-2010/
Re: Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 by ektbear: 1:40am On May 30, 2011
A good development.
Re: Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 by Mynd44: 9:16am On May 30, 2011
Intresting
Re: Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 by DAY12(m): 11:46am On May 30, 2011
I have a dream, dat one day, LAGOS STATE will gain his sovereignty!

Just mark my word! angry
Re: Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 30, 2011
DAY11.:

Just mark my word! angry

In Planet Mars
Re: Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 by Fhemmmy: 1:40pm On May 30, 2011
This is a great development and the most beautiful part of all these is the fact that you could see what the money is being used for . . . .Kudos
Re: Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 by hooged: 2:29pm On May 30, 2011
9ice improvement
Re: Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 by EkoIle1: 4:04pm On May 30, 2011
You know, every time the Great State Of Lagos shows up with new ideas, solutions and infrastructures, the clueless and backward clowns on NL as expected spew their negativity and ignorance rubbish.

Lagos state digitally mapped every inch of Lagos state and also introduced the GPS system to help the states in a lot of areas to revolutionize development by providing real time up to date info to the state, developers and town planners, schools and institutions, weather stations, locate and  determine the state's natural resources, agricultural resources, wetlands and many more great benefits of a functioning GPS system.

One of the great benefits of digital mapping and the GPS system is the ability to map and determine and obtain critical records and location of every edifice in Lagos state for proper tax assessment and collection.

As usual, the ignorant idiots criticize the system as nothing but a wast of money, now, who is collecting serious money now? And this is just one of the basic applications and benefits of a functioning GPS system.

I lectured the usual ignorant folks in this thread and sited this application as one of the many advantages of a GPS sysyem

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-493346.96.html

The Alausa guys are professionals and we need to hand over Nigeria to them for effective management.

Eko o no baje lai lai
Re: Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 by bossinie: 6:53pm On May 30, 2011
On what basisWell want to believe statement was a joke otherwise please stop whatever indulgent that makes you hysterical. grin
Re: Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 by bossinie: 6:57pm On May 30, 2011
DAY11.:

Just mark my word!  angry

On what basisWell want to believe statement was a joke otherwise please stop whatever indulgent that makes you hysterical.
Re: Lagos Generates N3bn From Property Tax In 2010 by Sunofgod(m): 7:22pm On May 30, 2011
Why has Fashola not imposed a 'Carbon Tax' on the people of Lagos yet?

Has he not heard of that one yet?

I thought he's meant to be progressive?

He should hurry up and 'Tax' Lagosians for the wonderful air they breathe.

He should also 'Tax' them each time they take a SHITT -  shocked

Yeye Governor.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Import Goods Within The Comfort Of My Home. / [get WSO 391611]SEO Article Generator Software(copyscape Passable & Readable)! / Get Loan Without Collateral From LAPO (best Micro Finance Bank In Nigeria)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.