Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration (38838 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her 44th Birthday Today / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by dimmyj(m): 6:25am On Oct 04, 2021
Happy birthday
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by YourFavorite21(m): 6:33am On Oct 04, 2021
This Lady no dey old o, happy birthday.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by dandollaz: 6:38am On Oct 04, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Marry me Chimamanda!!!!!

Whether you are a feminist or not, I just want to wake up to see you beside me every day.
Too late she is a married woman
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Successlane: 6:45am On Oct 04, 2021
IS SHE MARRIED?

Asking a geniue question please.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by wolesmile(m): 7:51am On Oct 04, 2021
descarado:
This Lady's hair trips me a lot. No wig, weavon.
Just natural African hair. Our hair is unique and beautiful. Not all these oyibo wannabe.
Imagine mercy Johnson with Caucasian hair.

The thing is that we don't know how these oyinbo people look at us trying desperately to imitate them. They even have a name for it.

Are you telling me that thing on her head is her natural hair

Taaaah
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by MoIbrahim: 8:04am On Oct 04, 2021
shogsman:
Used to respect her so much until she started threading that feminism part.
She is an achiever though nevertheless

Achiever per excellence. And she is not a blind feminist like the others.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Natudu: 8:35am On Oct 04, 2021
EBMedia:
Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Adichie has shared photos from her 44th birthday celebration, IgbereTV reports.

The author, who turned 44 on September 15, released the photos on her Instagram handle with the caption

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUkDjAtA5sy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Happy birthday to my darling crush. But the way u hol dat knife eh!
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by descarado: 8:44am On Oct 04, 2021
wolesmile:

Are you telling me that thing on her head is her natural hair

Taaaah
Don't quote me and say taaah.
Mind your manners.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Nnatuu: 10:24am On Oct 04, 2021
Chimamanda - marry me please!

You have more sense than 300 NL ladies combined.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 04, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

[s]You obviously misunderstood me, am not saying literary works cannot have tangible impact, what am saying is mainly specific to chimamanda and the supposed impact you claim she's made. You gave an example of Jk Rowling who has a combined net worth of £900 million and a franchise to her name with lots of people she's employing and you used her as a comparism with chimamanda who by some standards is an average writer and you also did the same with Steven king who had a net worth of $500 million. Lol, it's like comparing a Toyota Corolla 2001 to a Ferrari made in 2020. Your comparisms are stupid.

Secondly my opinions on Shakespeare are quite valid because if you've really read the original text of Shakespeare you'd understand my position, Anglo-Irish playwright, critic and polemicist Bernard Shaw had this to say about Shakespeare:

"I have striven hard to open English eyes to the emptiness of Shakespeare's philosophy, to the superficiality and second-handedness of his morality, to his weakness and incoherence as a thinker, to his snobbery, his vulgar prejudices, his ignorance, his disqualifications of all sorts for the philosophic eminence claimed for him."

And using a spelling error of mine as a means to take a jab at my opinion is intellectually rettarded.

Lastly...

misogyny is when a person shows contempt or hatred towards girls and women. How have I showed hatred towards women and girls in all my conversations? Or did you just say the word because it's being thrown around in the rettarded TedTalks you watch?

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Daniel058(m): 10:30am On Oct 04, 2021
ComradeShegs:

We be school mate. Was in SS1 in 2009 too.
My best Character was Kambili the protagonist
Good 1
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 04, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Lol....she wrote a fictional book highlighting domestic tyranny and violence and made a little fortune selling the book. Quite impactful.

So impact is only measured monetarily? Okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by TheSupleemLeada(m): 11:54am On Oct 04, 2021
Hyerin:

So impact is only measured monetarily? Okay.

Not entirely....but you can't compare her to wole soyinka who spoke up against oppressive governments, was imprisoned for 22 months and sentenced to death in absentia forcing him into exile, and later came back to continue in activism. You seem to have comprehension issues.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Not entirely....but you can't compare her to wole soyinka who spoke up against oppressive governments, was imprisoned for 22 months and sentenced to death in absentia forcing him into exile, and later came back to continue in activism. You seem to have comprehension issues.

The crux of my argument were their works. Works. You brought up soyinka's activism as gotcha to undermine my point. How many great authors went through that experience? And if they didn't, does that now make their works less significant? It is whatever though. We can agree to disagree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by busterr(m): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2021
koonbey:
Pretty sure she'd be devastated that you stopped respecting her.

Hahahahaha you sounded like Chimamanda Adichie o
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Deemystic: 3:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
Myself2:
Is this not the over sabi yeye feminist woman that was attempting to scold Secretary Hilary Clinton, just because she referred to herself as a wife.

I dey wait for any feminist goat or sympathiser that will jump in my mention here. I go just well for their matter and the rofo rofo no go easy at all

Bunch of inebriated ass wipes that are nothing but unfortunate products from burst condoms
I watched the interview. She wasn't attempting to scold Mrs. Clinton for using wife on her bio. She said she was upset at the reason behind Clinton having to put wife on her bio. The reason being how society is afraid of women seeking power or dismisses them and so the only way for a woman to placate is to say that she's a wife or mother. Bill Clinton didn't have dad on his bio because nobody expects men to use fatherhood or being husband to prove their worth or competency. For women, it's different. That's what she was upset about not that Clinton doesn't have the right to refer to herself as a mother
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Deemystic: 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
Kingisibor:
Feminism has finished this one...... At 44yrs.. no husband!...
Her kids and husband ought to be in that photo, but education, pride and oversabi has taken away her acient land mark...
She's married and has a kid.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Deemystic: 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Lol, what's the difference between her and your average top social media influencer? How does writing a book impact society and Kylie Jenner is also a big inspiration to my kid sis and lots of women does that make her a woman of real impact. The bitch got fame thanks to a combination of western affirmative action and her peddling woke Jew like feminism while living a contradictory life to what she was peddling. Societal impact is zero.
How is she living a contradictory life? It seems you are angry that she's feminist. I dont think there's a word Nigerian men hate more than feminism. Her feminism views don't in anyway attack men or try to strip male privileges away or is it angry and bitter and hypocrital like what is obtainable among so many Nigerian women who hide under feminism to vent bitterness and misandry. So I wonder why she gets so much backlash simply for being feminist
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Myself2(m): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Deemystic:

I watched the interview. She wasn't attempting to scold Mrs. Clinton for using wife on her bio. She said she was upset at the reason behind Clinton having to put wife on her bio. The reason being how society is afraid of women seeking power or dismisses them and so the only way for a woman to placate is to say that she's a wife or mother. Bill Clinton didn't have dad on his bio because nobody expects men to use fatherhood or being husband to prove their worth or competency. For women, it's different. That's what she was upset about not that Clinton doesn't have the right to refer to herself as a mother

Over sabi. I never knew you were the only person that watched the interview.
How is it what you wrote different from what I said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua / 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / "I Love Macmillian Books"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.