Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) (37349 Views)

I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time / Daring Experience Traveling By Boat From Eagle Island PH: Pics & Video / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by snapdragon00: 7:16pm On Oct 04, 2021
This is an update to the previous thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6783357/traveling-air-first-time/7#106420545

So i boarded my plane this morning and i can say it was a great experience thanks to all your contributions and tips. Lemme start like this, I woke up so early as my flight was at 8:25 since it's my first time i needed to play safe to avoid stories that touch grin i didn't give my village people a chance in that aspect.

I arrived at the airport few minutes to 7 and by 7:10 i was done checking in and ready for boarding (I didn't expect it to be so fast and smooth tho)

That was how i started pressing my phone and carefully paying attention to the announcements that one could barely hear. (I think airports need to do better as some of us no dey understand that kind accents) cry They can just past the announcement on a screen for people to read, anyways what do i know? maybe people have not missed flight as a result of that.

Ehen so while waiting, i was just observing everything, i saw one bros seated behind me so i walked up to him and confessed. grin "Bros no vex, na my first flight bdis, abeg if dem announce air peace flight to lagos just let me know" he smiled and said i shouldn't worry. Few minutes later i heard the announcement naso i pack my things go join queue, kudos to air peace (unlike the other announcements i heard, they used one local accent to announce before the normal posh accent repeated the announcement so it was easy for me to know it's time to board.

They did the normal thing and i was inside the plane naso i just dey look like village boy. grin i followed the suggestion by some good NLanders and watched how to fasten a plane seat belt so it was not an issue, i no disgrace my ancestors. except for the air hostess that was rude when i asked her for my seat everything went fine, i was so calm and composed like i've done this before. The plane took off and few minutes later we're flying above the clouds i was just smiling all through then i felt a sharp pain in my left ear, boom i no dey hear well again. grin then i remembered i was told here, i just swallowed saliva and i'd regain my hearing, it continued through out the flight. some of the things i noticed through the flight was:

Majority of land, like 70 percent is uninhabited, i saw my knowledge of geography come into play as we ascend into the sky, i could easily identify all the different layers like atmosphere, lithosphere and the rest it was like we're traveling to space, asin after all science no dey lie oo but above all God is the greatest. My experience helped me to believe God more, like he created all these things, he has the power to do anything so why even doubt him. cool

At some point during the flight, the plane was vibrating and turning anyhow lol but i didnt panic because i remembered nairalanders told me about it, i was seated by the window and stayed awake all through. Like 20 minutes into the flight, the pilot said "for those of you sitting by the right if you look by the window we are just flying over ibadan" naso i look and was like, oga i no see ibadan here ooo na just thick cloud i see. cheesy
That was how i landed in lagos around 10am and the weather was looking like 4pm nawao. i enjoyed my flight sha and i hope to do this again, but next time it should be canada not lagos. grin

950 Likes 67 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by SunLight11(f): 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nice one

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Oluolad86(f): 7:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
Congrats, Amen to your prayer.

Please I need any blood tonic or name of herbs to boost my PCV (blood) I have tried ugu, milk and malt, they are not working. Thanks

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by overdrive(m): 7:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
Didn't you people stop to eat at ore tongue

354 Likes 18 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by ahnie: 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2021
From your mouth to God's ear.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by snapdragon00: 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
overdrive:
Didn't you people stop to eat at ore tongue

No we only stopped to buy roasted corn. cheesy

143 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by saphiere(f): 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
snapdragon00:

So i boarded my plane this morning and i can say it was a great experience thanks to all your contributions and tips. Lemme start like this, I woke up so early as my flight was at 8:25 since it's my first time i needed to play safe to avoid stories that touch grin i didn't give my village people a chance in that aspect.

I arrived at the airport few minutes to 7 and by 7:10 i was done checking in and ready for boarding (I didn't expect it to be so fast and smooth tho)

That was how i started pressing my phone and carefully paying attention to the announcements that one could barely hear. (I think airports need to do better as some of us no dey understand that kind accents) cry They can just past the announcement on a screen for people to read, anyways what do i know? maybe people have not missed flight as a result of that.

Ehen so while waiting, i was just observing everything, i saw one bros seated behind me so i walked up to him and confessed. grin "Bros no vex, na my first flight bdis, abeg if dem announce air peace flight to lagos just let me know" he smiled and said i shouldn't worry. Few minutes later i heard the announcement naso i pack my things go join queue, kudos to air peace (unlike the other announcements i heard, they used one local accent to announce before the normal posh accent repeated the announcement so it was easy for me to know it's time to board.

They did the normal thing and i was inside the plane naso i just dey look like village boy. grin i followed the suggestion by some good NLanders and watched how to fasten a plane seat belt so it was not an issue, i no disgrace my ancestors. except for the air hostess that was rude when i asked her for my seat everything went fine, i was so calm and composed like i've done this before. The plane took off and few minutes later we're flying above the clouds i was just smiling all through then i felt a sharp pain in my left ear, boom i no dey hear well again. grin then i remembered i was told here, i just swallowed saliva and i'd regain my hearing, it continued through out the flight. some of the things i noticed through the flight was:

Majority of land, like 70 percent is uninhabited, i saw my knowledge of geography come into play as we ascend into the sky, i could easily identify all the different layers like atmosphere, lithosphere and the rest it was like we're traveling to space, asin after all science no dey lie oo but above all God is the greatest. My experience helped me to believe God more, like he created all these things, he has the power to do anything so why even doubt him. cool

At some point during the flight, the plane was vibrating and turning anyhow lol but i didnt panic because i remembered nairalanders told me about it, i was seated by the window and stayed awake all through. Like 20 minutes into the flight, the pilot said "for those of you sitting by the right if you look by the window we are just flying over ibadan" naso i look and was like, oga i no see ibadan here ooo na just thick cloud i see. cheesy
That was how i landed in lagos around 10am and the weather was looking like 4pm nawao. i enjoyed my flight sha and i hope to do this again, but next time it should be canada not lagos. grin
Guys to be honest I have never entered plane before. I need someone to make this dream of mine come true for me.

Thanks

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by eedimo(m): 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
We don't fly through Airplanes, na broomstick me dey fly and na 4 night our journey dey start.

Choose to fly the free way; Let's all become witches and wizards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by ursullalinda(f): 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
Good experience.....you will have more of it.....my aunty missed her flight with 5 kids because of the accents you were complaining about......We laughed out the living day light out of her.......but since money wasn't a problem she boarded the next available flight with her squad......and I'm sure so many have been on that spot.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Sirheny007(m): 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
You boarded a flight from Abuja to Lagos and you want to bring down Nairaland.

What should people like us - who have accumulated up to 700hrs on air to and fro Europe - do then?

grin

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by humberjade: 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
snapdragon00:

First time travelling by air can be thrilling, scarry or exciting for different people.

Firstly, It depends on your person really; is the person lilly-livered, scared of heights, etc

Secondly, it depends on the weather during the flight...my friend, you don't want to fly through a stormy weather grin...the turbulence atimes makes you say your final prayers, while remembering all you have left undone, and the beautiful people you will leave behind.

Finally, if it is an international flight, and you happen to hit the jackpot of getting a visa to a developed country, at this point in time in Nigeria's history, no matter the turbulence, your heart will be radiating with joy grin

Just as your heart desire, Canada is on the card for you bro

181 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Piptocoin: 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oluolad86:

Please I need any blood tonic or name of herbs to boost my PCV (blood) I have tried ugu, milk and malt, they are not working. Thanks

are you having dizzy spells?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Mbbscentric(m): 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
One day, I'll travel by air!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by slawormiir: 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
Damnnn niggar
To be sincere.....State to state travelling by plane nor dey fun

To me o.....I better just enter all those transport company moto with better air condition like God is good motor
Except say maybe I dey in a hurry or probably because of these insecurity on the high way..na im go make me enter plane

If not then na Normal motor sweet pass

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by FolabiCash: 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
Congrats on your first travel by air , more flights eje wink

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by tutudesz: 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
grin
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Princeton92(m): 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oluolad86:

Reals Blood Tonic would do

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by chidonweb(m): 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
Wow.
I can't wait to travel by air

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Ademola47(m): 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nice experience.

Let me tap from your grace.

Gather here if you don't have practical experience of what OP said.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by PENNYSWAP: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
grin
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by helinues: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
Good
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by segebobo: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
Good & interesting narration you have there

The pilot do mistake, he for land the plane for canada cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by LarsunDesign: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
Congrats bro..

I never enter plane before, but my dream was to become a Pilot.. Omo as money no dey I had to go for the available one to study which is Civil Engineering that am studying now...

Omo one day he go reach my turn I tap from your Blessing

21 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by FvckAllMods: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
No hold up no go slow lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by zyro: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
Congrats
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by segebobo: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
snapdragon00:

Chairman, lithosphere is land รณ

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Bladepe: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nice one

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Okoyouth: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ok
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by 2special(m): 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State / Update On The Lagos-ibadan Railway - Photos / Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.