Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? (778 Views)

How Do I Track A Scammer Through His Phone Number / Help Needed To Get A Scammer / Don't deal With Sirlop (08068205701) , He Is A Scammer, Deceitful And An Ingrate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by haiti007(m): 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2021
Good evening everyone.

I was at a prayer meeting yesterday evening when my mum sent me some money for upkeep, before I got back home, I discovered that 75% (about 15k) was gone from the account, I was shocked...... How can this be?

I immediately logged into my mobile app and check where it was coming from.....then I noticed that it was from a POS...... I knew that it was from those "guys" as I don't use POS at all, so immediately I deactivated my debit card...

But to my surprise this afternoon when I was back from lectures, I was trying to transfer to a woman that I bought something from her only to get the greatest shock!! My account balance was reading minus.

I discovered that it was a ₦2066 from my account that left the account with -1300

Please I was thinking that since I have blocked my card fraudsters shouldn't have an access to my account, why is this coming from? Bank per scammers?

1 Share

Re: Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by micellgevity: 8:38pm On Oct 04, 2021
Haaaaa! Your bank must get hand inside. Since u deactivated ur card and debit not authorized by u still took place.

Re: Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by jaeyking(m): 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
haiti007:
Good evening everyone.

I was at a prayer meeting yesterday evening when my mum sent me some money for upkeep, before I got back home, I discovered that 75% (about 15k) was gone from the account, I was shocked...... How can this be?

I immediately logged into my mobile app and check where it was coming from.....then I noticed that it was from a POS...... I knew that it was from those "guys" as I don't use POS at all, so immediately I deactivated my debit card...

But to my surprise this afternoon when I was back from lectures, I was trying to transfer to a woman that I bought something from her only to get the greatest shock!! My account balance was reading minus.

I discovered that it was a ₦2066 from my account that left the account with -1300

Please I was thinking that since I have blocked my card fraudsters shouldn't have an access to my account, why is this coming from? Bank per scammers?

Check your transaction details.
Your card is likely to be compromised
Re: Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by SilentVboy: 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
Guy, it's not GTB fault ooo. Sorry for that. Your card details has been compromised.
The same thing happened to me. I attached my GTB card to stupid Eversend app for transactions. But one day, they wiped my GTB account and left me with negative balance.

I had to block the card and paid off the negative so as to keep using my account.
BUT I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY NEW GTB CARD AGAIN. I PREFER TO USE FINGERPRINT TO WITHDRAW ON ATM NOW.
And I use virtual cards online now to avoid that wahala again.

So just go to bank and report and instruct them to block the card.
Re: Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by haiti007(m): 12:28am On Oct 05, 2021
SilentVboy:
Guy, it's not GTB fault ooo. Sorry for that. Your card details has been compromised.
The same thing happened to me. I attached my GTB card to stupid Eversend app for transactions. But one day, they wiped my GTB account and left me with negative balance.

I had to block the card and paid off the negative so as to keep using my account.
BUT I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY NEW GTB CARD AGAIN. I PREFER TO USE FINGERPRINT TO WITHDRAW ON ATM NOW.

I have noticed this before and I have blocked the card before now, I wasn't expecting any form of withdrawal again after blocking the card
Re: Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by nurez305(m): 1:56am On Oct 05, 2021
SilentVboy:

what is the difference between having virtual card and normal ATM card.... The virtual card can still be compromised and you account could be wiped with it.

If you are scared of having normal card because of been compromised, then you don't need the virtual card as well

2 Likes

Re: Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by SilentVboy: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2021
nurez305:
what is the difference between having virtual card and normal ATM card.... The virtual card can still be compromised and you account could be wiped with it.

If you are scared of having normal card because of been compromised, then you don't need the virtual card as well
Bro calm down first. When u use virtual card, even if it's compromised, it won't affect your main account.
This is because you load only the amount you want to spend on the virtual card.
When that issue affected me, I went to GTB and complained. So I was advised to use virtual cards for my online purchase. Then load only d amount I need to spend.
Re: Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by SilentVboy: 9:30am On Oct 05, 2021
haiti007:

I have noticed this before and I have blocked the card before now, I wasn't expecting any form of withdrawal again after blocking the card
I told u it already happened to me. I even called their GT connect line and told them to block it. They told me it was blocked but despite that I received alert for another unauthorized transaction 30mins later.
I still complained at d bank and I was told that it's because that transaction has been preauthorized, that is why the payment still went through.

So I stayed there at d bank till it was blocked right there for me.
And the bank rep advised me to use virtual cards for my online purchases.
Re: Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by nurez305(m): 10:01am On Oct 05, 2021
SilentVboy:
Bro calm down first. When u use virtual card, even if it's compromised, it won't affect your main account.
This is because you load only the amount you want to spend on the virtual card.
When that issue affected me, I went to GTB and complained. So I was advised to use virtual cards for my online purchase. Then load only d amount I need to spend.
I don't understand, is it that the virtual card have its separate account you can find before you use it? I thought it would be charged directly from your main account.

Tell me more on how you fund gtb virtual card please
Re: Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by SilentVboy: 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
nurez305:
I don't understand, is it that the virtual card have its separate account you can find before you use it? I thought it would be charged directly from your main account.

Tell me more on how you fund gtb virtual card please
Well, like I said bro, with virtual card, you spend what you load on it. It therefore means that you cannot take out more than what you loaded there.

That was why those Eversend thieves could not remove money from my Gomoney account because I used Gomoney virtual card to deposit.
But my GTB was the physical ATM card I used.
Bro for now, I have not used GTB virtual card. I still use Gomoney own for now.
Re: Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by haiti007(m): 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2021
SilentVboy:
I told u it already happened to me. I even called their GT connect line and told them to block it. They told me it was blocked but despite that I received alert for another unauthorized transaction 30mins later.
I still complained at d bank and I was told that it's because that transaction has been preauthorized, that is why the payment still went through.

So I stayed there at d bank till it was blocked right there for me.
And the bank rep advised me to use virtual cards for my online purchases.

Okay, thanks bro, I will go to make my complaint known to them on Friday.......but before then, no money will enter the account
Re: Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by Oshe3084: 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
You did online transaction with Eversend and the money was held in ledger.The money was later releasedto your account after 8days which you must have used.when Eversend came for settlement you hadn't enough money in your account which was why there was a minus in your account
SilentVboy:

Re: Can This Be The Work Of A Scammer? by abduladg(m): 4:00am On Oct 06, 2021
Abeg na where gomoney dey work?
SilentVboy:
Well, like I said bro, with virtual card, you spend what you load on it. It therefore means that you cannot take out more than what you loaded there.

That was why those Eversend thieves could not remove money from my Gomoney account because I used Gomoney virtual card to deposit.
But my GTB was the physical ATM card I used.
Bro for now, I have not used GTB virtual card. I still use Gomoney own for now.

(1) (Reply)

Dummy Cheque Printers In Nigeria / OPINION: Can A Legit Hustling Nigerian Make It 'big' Without Involving In Fraud? / 3 Reasons Why Affiliate Marketing Is A Scam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.