Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Things That Contaminate The Body And Spirit. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things That Contaminate The Body And Spirit. (2755 Views)

Oro Worshippers & Truth And Spirit Prophetic Church Clash In Lagos, One Dead / What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? / Have You Truly Bèen Born Of Water And Spirit ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things That Contaminate The Body And Spirit. by topshore(f): 10:32am On Oct 05, 2021
Scripture Texts: Mathew 15:10-20; Mark 7:20-23

The things that contaminate the body and spirit are what defile a man- the temple of God (1Corithians 3:16)

Contamination is an action or state of making or being made impure by polluting or poisoning. When a man is unclean, polluted and descecrated, he is contaminated. He is no more the original man God created but has been altered.
There are so many filthy things a man does that defile him both body and spirit. This likewise expose him to demons, Satan and everlasting punishment or damnation.

What are the things that contaminate man?
Sin! Sin!! Sin!!!
They include:
1. Immorality or sexual sins.
2. Anger
3. Alcoholism
4. Smoking
5. Bitterness
6. Unforgivenness
7. Anxiety
8. Evil thoughts.
9. Care for worldly things more than God.
10. Theft
11. Murder
12. Greed
13. Wickedness
14. Deceit
15. Lustful desires
16. Envy
17. Slander
18. Pride
19. Foolishness
20. Ignorance; and every other vile things that comes from the mind.
How can we then overcome?
2 Corinthians 7:1 says it all. You can overcome contamination in body soul and spirit by:
- Accept that you are contaminated.
- Repent and accept Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour
- Confess your sins and ask God for forgiveness and mercy.
- Cleanse yourself with the Blood of Jesus
- Purify yourself from everything that contaminates the body and spirit i.e., perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
- Spiritual discipline
- Avoid all perverse talk
- Stay away from corrupt speech.
- Look straight ahead and fix your eyes on what lies before you.
- Mark out a straight path for your feet and stay on a safe path of Christ
- Let the Holy Spirit be guide you always in every area of life.
- Be wise and set your heart on the right path (Luke 6:45; Ezekiel 36:26, Psalm 51: 10).
If you want to give your life to Christ, say this prayer:
" Lord Jesus, I come before You now, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world, in Your name I pray, amen".
Congratulations and God bless you.

Peace!
Re: Things That Contaminate The Body And Spirit. by Astirl: 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2023
Thank you for sharing. This exposition fits perfectly into the context of the information I have been looking for. God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Scientist Discovers Heaven - End Time Magazine / Mars-our Last Home; Earth - Our Refugee Camp / Do Chimpanzees Believe In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.