Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another (56643 Views)

Truck Crushes 3 To Death In Uyo, Injures Many (Disturbing Photos) / Speeding Range Rover Driver Kills Man, Injures Another In Imo. Graphic Photos / 100-Year-Old Python Killed In Okigwe, Imo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by mbahdi(m): 10:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
O boy see oyo state

See as he ugly..

Atleast make them still dey renovate and change the roof na...

If at all them nor see money take build new one
D tree dun resurrect

2 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by PavillionEnergy: 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
Timoleon:
A report about an 100 year old fallen tree and all that could be used to accompany the article is a picture of brown roof. F9 for this.

Seun why are you encouraging division for the purpose of profit? This is the same thing Facebook is being slammed for. How can this kind of journalism be encouraged? How?

The OP should have gone to snap Government house in Ibadan to accompany it abii.
Stop calling Seun. You guys should upgrade your brown roofs. Its disgusting.

3 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by ThEGodFaThEr106: 10:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
O boy see oyo state

See as he ugly..

They say it's a cultural thing and a legacy passed from one generation to another and that's why it can't be changed.
I heard a man tried changing his roof but thunder and lightning struck the man dead to the amazement of onlookers.
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Bamzyriches451: 10:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
We understand say country hard, but make them try renovate all those brown roof make e no Sha fall for people body again
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Obakoolex(m): 10:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
O boy see oyo state

See as he ugly..

The OP dey craz...I kno oyo wells, so many places that looks cool and pleasant unlike that mad pics up there

2 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Gee64: 10:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
Who born the tree sef?
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Picker28: 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
Village pple everywhere

1 Like

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Timoleon(m): 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
I have no problems with the brown roofs. The post you quoted is concerned about the article itself not the brown roofs. I no get time to Dey follow you do tribal arguments. God forgive bad thing. You don’t know where I’m from or what tribe I belong to you just begin assume nonsense. Anyways good night.
PavillionEnergy:

The OP should have gone to snap Government house in Ibadan to accompany it abii.
Stop calling Seun. You guys should upgrade your brown roofs. Its disgusting.
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by moneyissweet(m): 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
I no see any 100 year old tree, all I see is brown roof republic.

2 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
O boy see oyo state
See as he ugly..

Which one be ancient town and people preserve their heritage?
Ancient town mean say make them nor change roof...

Instead of you to say poverty is in the land

Relax. If the look is disturbing your skull, you can start an NGO which will be helping them to renovate their building to give a modern look.

1 Like

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by mrkings84(m): 10:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
In this corntree everything is a trait to life., ugm, fulani herdsmen, boko Haram, hunger, sicknesses, high-tension cable, building collapse, bad roads, accidents, kidnappers, police, army, airforce, navy, kpoh fire kerosene, black soothe, armed robbers, trailer, floods, fire incident, snake bits, poor health system, bad governance, poor parenting,
Adulterated drugs, expired foods, unsafe drinking water......etc, etc If u manage escape from the following, u may not escape from a falling tree.
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by ThEGodFaThEr106: 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
Eriokanmi:
The heritage of yoruba people. Those brown roofs had been in place for centuries, at a time when only one % of Nigerian houses were covered by bamboos. Look at those upstairs...those could only be found in ancient cities in Yorubaland. I've not found such elsewhere in Nigeria in such a large qty. Certainly, African civilisation started in Yorubaland especially, Oyo
Is that an excuse not to change ones roof?
Egbami ntori Olohun!

2 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by mrkings84(m): 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Source: Blueprint News

Na tree fall, instead of showing us the tree rather na brown roofs.
Na ipob elements report this news
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by felixawe(m): 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
Blake755:
Nah waoo which day person go dey for naija for a day without hearing bad news angry

Na shrine ���
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Evercurious(f): 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
JAOS:
why are the so many brown roof in a place

Cos they want to retain the friendly and natural environment. Hope that's okay for you..If you want to have other scenery, you can take a stroll to other places or states where they re built

For me , I had nice memories of such environment when i used to visit way back 2008 from PH during some holidays . Went there just to save myself from serious work stress during any available holiday.Visited Iree in Osun State, 'contor' in abeokuta and ,gateway stadium with various football viewing stands.Chaii!! The gateway stadium own sweet me pass... See party? I so danced with reckless abandon and was sprayed some cash. The hills and the scenery was an experience I wld long to have again..Ibadan own still dey there. . Bushmeat and palm wine was a memory for me... Even their local 'otimkpu' during gatherings or parties was something I wld never forget...The topography too... So just note that some people like me love such environment

2 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Dshocker(m): 10:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
An African man will tell you that the tree houses witches and wizards grin
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Olisehinnocent: 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
See their shithole houses. After our sophisticated people will be insulting igbos. If not for Igbos that develop Lagos, Lagos will be shithole too. No wonder dey no want us to have Biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by irunoko(m): 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Tree from hell
every creature that God made was good
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Eriokanmi: 10:33pm On Oct 05, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr106:

Is that an excuse not to change ones roof?
Egbami ntori Olohun!
They left and protected Those house on purpose. As brown and old as the roofs are, they're not leaking. Those who wanted to build new houses moved to places like bodija and ring road to do so. Anyone who pulls down the house or removes the roof would end up in court. They call it agbo-ile and are proud of them even though the rich amongst them don't live there .

3 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by irunoko(m): 10:33pm On Oct 05, 2021
JAOS:
Na black roof you wan see?

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Shimran(m): 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2021
JAOS:

As a result of acid rain. (Told by a Dr/Engr, Dept of water resources and environmental engineering, ABU, Zaria)
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Corporate2020: 10:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
JAOS:

Because it's an ancient town
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Numerouno94(m): 10:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
O boy see oyo state
See as he ugly..

Which one be ancient town and people preserve their heritage?
Ancient town mean say make them nor change roof...

Instead of you to say poverty is in the land

Werey grin grin
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by bigt2(m): 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
endsarrrs:
Rubbish journalism. No photo of a TREE, ordinary 100 years old tree. Come and see trees of 13000000 years old in the southeast
The tree is indeed above 100 years. It's at Orita Sabo in Isale Oyo.

Rumors are coming up that the tree stood up to it's roots. Will verify this tomorrow morning.

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Iamgrey5(m): 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Oga that's Oyo. Follow the image address & see for yourself

Nawa to you oo
How does the picture relate to the story in anyway?
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Offorgerald15(m): 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
JAOS:

They no d allow people prosper for that village, if you try get money,you are gone�

2 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by DoggoneDogg: 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
Iamgrey5:
How does the picture relate to the story in anyway?

The picture depicts Oyo state.
The incident happened in Oyo state.
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by ThEGodFaThEr106: 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2021
Eriokanmi:
They left and protected Those house on purpose. As brown and old as the roofs are, they're not leaking. Those who wanted to build new houses moved to places like bodija and ring road to do so. Anyone who pulls down the house or removes the roof would end up in court. They call it agbo-ile and are proud of them even though the rich amongst them don't live there .
Yinmu! You think you're talking to "Johnny just come" abi? For your info, I was born and bred in Ogun state, lusada to be precise. I have Yoruba cousins and relatives too, in fact my extended family members are Omonile and we all grew up inside the same Agbo-ile. Those brown roofs are a display of poverty. Poverty runs in south west and every region in Nigeria. So quit making those excuses.

5 Likes

Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by bigt2(m): 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
Offorgerald15:

They no d allow people prosper for that village, if you try get money,you are gone�
Lool. Not everywhere in Oyo o grin
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by thuxzwda1: 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
dadebayo1:
Loll.... 100years grin Anyway firewood is ready grin grin grin Gas is expensive we are shifting to firewood... All thanks to the tree grin grin grin land for sale..

......the tree no gree I dey tell you
Re: 100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another by Northanstar: 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
This must be agwuiahi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out This Black-Throated Monitor Lizard I Bought In Gombe (Pictures) / Huge Snake For Sale At Opebi Round-About. Come And Buy While Stock Last (Pics) / Police Van Transporting Blocks In Anambra State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.