Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra (5012 Views)

Hot Deals!!!!!!! Buy And Drive A Hyundai Santa FE 2007 Model / Hello, Is The Lexus Es330 Car A Good Car? Is It Advisable To Go For It? / ⚫⚫ Planning To Buy A Car❓Got The Car VIN/Chassis Number❓Run It With CarGuideNG! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by UgoFly: 11:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
I have been getting conflicting information about the vehicle but I admire it. I need advice pls.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
Not advisable.

Why not buy G-wagon instead?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by Autogduru411: 12:08am On Oct 06, 2021
UgoFly:
I have been getting conflicting information about the vehicle but I admire it. I need advice pls.

Far better than Corolla, I have one available for sale now.
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by UgoFly: 12:38am On Oct 06, 2021
Autogduru411:

Far better than Corolla, I have one available for sale now.

Are you serious? Why do you say so?
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by daamazing(m): 2:21am On Oct 06, 2021
UgoFly:

because he has one for sale wink

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by lagusboyyy(m): 4:50am On Oct 06, 2021
UgoFly:

So you expect him to tell you,the car he wants to sell is not good

You are funny with your question.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by UgoFly: 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
lagusboyyy:
So you expect him to tell you,the car he wants to sell is not good

You are funny with your question.

Well, it's better to ask than assume. He might have some details of the car that I don't know.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by demolagilbert: 12:36pm On Oct 06, 2021
Very reliable, fuel-efficient engine at par with corolla. Very very roomy and pretty interior, not a thief magnet, is far more secure, the parts are available and reasonably priced, far more attractive exterior design.

The only con is the same as every other car in Nigeria. It doesn't command the same resale value as the almighty corolla ppl have chosen to worship, but I'd say it comes close. Eg buy a corolla 2006 now at say 2.7 and sell for 1.8-2 after 2years..buy a 2008 elantra at say 2.4 and sell at 1.3-1.5 after 2years. Same difference!

6 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by rhythyson: 1:11pm On Oct 06, 2021
Buy what you can afford and maintain it properly it will serve you..

But no buy problem ooo becos you will not be able to maintain it
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by UgoFly: 5:42pm On Oct 06, 2021
demolagilbert:
Very reliable, fuel-efficient engine at par with corolla. Very very roomy and pretty interior, not a thief magnet, is far more secure, the parts are available and reasonably priced, far more attractive exterior design.

The only con is the same as every other car in Nigeria. It doesn't command the same resale value as the almighty corolla ppl have chosen to worship, but I'd say it comes close. Eg buy a corolla 2006 now at say 2.7 and sell for 1.8-2 after 2years..buy a 2008 elantra at say 2.4 and sell at 1.3-1.5 after 2years. Same difference!

Thanks a lot for this info. I also heard the engine easily knocks. How true is this pls?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by demolagilbert: 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2021
UgoFly:

Thanks a lot for this info. I also heard the engine easily knocks. How true is this pls?
any engine can knock. Easily knocks? That one is a preposterous rumour. Truedelta and consumerreviews website are good places to get info on car reliability, pros, cons based off of actual user experiences and not empty hearsay. Enough ppl on this nairalad have threads on the so called corolla engine dying too. That doesn't translate to the engine easily knocks.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by UgoFly: 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2021
demolagilbert:
any engine can knock. Easily knocks? That one is a preposterous rumour. Truedelta and consumerreviews website are good places to get info on car reliability, pros, cons based off of actual user experiences and not empty hearsay. Enough ppl on this nairalad have threads on the so called corolla engine dying too. That doesn't translate to the engine easily knocks.

Thanks a whole lot.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by larrypourl(m): 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
If you're getting the car, make sure it's the one with the engine attached below. Don't buy anyone with a different engine asides the one below.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by UgoFly: 8:01am On Oct 07, 2021
larrypourl:
If you're getting the car, make sure it's the one with the engine attached below. Don't buy anyone with a different engine asides the one below.

But this is not the picture of the car engine.
See the engine below

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by diportivo: 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2021
larrypourl:

what's wrong with the 1.6l engine?

UgoFly:

See the engine below

let's wait and see what he will say about this engine u posted

me too,I want to learn
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by larrypourl(m): 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2021
UgoFly:

See the engine below

My bad. I thought you were referring to the 2007-2010 model, that engine type I posted for 07-010 is sturdy, complete iron block and engine price is reasonable compared to the 1.6 engine which is aluminum. Include the year of the car you intend getting to get real user experience.

Good luck brother.

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by UgoFly: 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
larrypourl:

My bad. I thought you were referring to the 2007-2010 model, that engine type I posted for 07-010 is sturdy and engine price is reasonable compared to the 1.6 engine. Include the year of the car you intend getting to get real user experience.

Good luck brother.

It's 2012 model. Pls share your experience and knowledge about it
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by larrypourl(m): 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2021
UgoFly:

It's 2012 model. Pls share your experience and knowledge about it

I know nothing about that model. Search for common issues with that model online, you should get reviews that'll help you decide.
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by Carparts888(m): 9:07pm On Oct 08, 2021
Depends on the year then il advise u
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by Carparts888(m): 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2021
Dont buy if it's the 2012 to 2013 model..not reliable
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by waoosa(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2021
I drive the 2009 model and that car has never disappointed one day.

I can't remember the water level of that car going down. Bought the car brand new though.

The only major work ever done on the car is change of back absorber.

The engine has never beem opened up , i only change oil when due.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by diportivo: 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
waoosa:
I drive the 2009 model and that car has never disappointed one day.

I can't remember the water level of that car going down. Bought the car brand new though.

The only major work ever done on the car is change of back absorber.

The engine has never beem opened up , i only change oil when due.

but,I have read up there that the engine isn't sturdy na

different experiences everywhere

Carparts888:

why?

engine?transmission?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by Texasbound190: 10:52pm On Oct 08, 2021
That's a lie,their engines are rugged too,this guy just spoke my mind,Elantra is a perfect ride,no additions.Go get it

demolagilbert:

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by demolagilbert: 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2021
Just to be clear, I was also speaking about the 2007-2010 model Elantra.
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by UgoFly: 9:17am On Oct 09, 2021
Carparts888:
Really? What are the issues?
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by UgoFly: 9:18am On Oct 09, 2021
demolagilbert:
Just to be clear, I was also speaking about the 2007-2010 model Elantra.

What of the 2012 and 2013
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by UgoFly: 9:18am On Oct 09, 2021
Texasbound190:
That's a lie,their engines are rugged too,this guy just spoke my mind,Elantra is a perfect ride,no additions.Go get it

What year are you referring to pls
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by Carparts888(m): 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
Engine default , they die prematurely
diportivo:

but,I have read up there that the engine isn't sturdy na

different experiences everywhere

why?

engine?transmission?
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by Carparts888(m): 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2021
Engine has a default that leads to premature death.
UgoFly:

Really? What are the issues?
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by amdoyin82(m): 10:56pm On Oct 09, 2021
daamazing:
because he has one for sale wink
lols

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by UltimateStarman: 12:26am On Oct 10, 2021
UgoFly:
if that's what your heart wants go for it

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Buy A Hyundai Elantra by pegix(m): 8:14am On Aug 12, 2022
Texasbound190:

know this my be abit late
I wanna buy Hyundai Also

Are the parts readily avail like.other product

I love the car design and stuff

Incase i want to change something

Let just say i have engine problems ( which might not really happen now)

But im the worst scenario
Are the part there
Not that I'll be going from abuja to kafacha just to get a tiny piece of the body

Thanks for a helpful response in advance

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brand New 2010/2011 Armoured Mercedes Benz S600 (52m Asking ) / Naija Used Range Rover Hse 2005 Model For Sale / 1999 Toyota Camry Tok. Leather Interior For 900kSOLD!!!SOLD!!!!SOLD!!!!SOLD!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.