Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Swallow By Kunle Afolayan Movie Review - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Swallow By Kunle Afolayan Movie Review (263 Views)

Hard Pill To Swallow Abt Broke Or Struggling Guys. / Which Kind Of Swallow Can My Toddler Eat? / Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Swallow By Kunle Afolayan Movie Review by withVoke(f): 10:18pm On Oct 06, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsXgJM8MTc8

The Netflix adaptation of Swallow, directed by Kunle Afolayan and starring a star-studded cast, premiered on October 1st. It starred singer Niyola as the lead, as well as actors Ijeoma Grace Agu, Chioma Chukwuka, Mercy Aigbe, Eniola Badmus, and Kunle Afolayan in a cameo role.
In this video, I give an honest review of the film, comparing it to the book.
Re: Swallow By Kunle Afolayan Movie Review by othermen: 11:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
Can you tell one where the movie is better than the book?

Book to movie adaptations are often not totally accurate. There might be additions or subtractions.

Why do you love or love to read or see poverty and hopelessness so much? I think what you love is the vivid experience evoked in the book, you should make the distinction.

I think the analysis you have attempted on the anchorage of juxtaposition is competent… but I hope folks are not misled by the promises of what a review should be or entail. I was. …and I think a little engagement with the movie from your end as to the quality of the movie without reference to the book as well will alleviate such concern. So, it’s important to remember that your review and judgment is on the basis of comparison with the accuracy or the ability of the movie to capture the essence of the book…rather than on the quality of the movie itself which is also deserving of a critical review as regards the plot, dialogue, acting, production, inconsistencies and others.

…but then again, it is a review which is a subjective endeavor.

(1) (Reply)

Consequences Of Being Predictable!!! / Watch This! This Is The Reason You Don't Stop Giving. / Bizzare!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.