Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria (12491 Views)

Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria / How Much Will It Cost To Write TOEFL In Nigeria? Help Me With Materials Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by solofresh(m): 8:20am On Oct 07, 2021
Hello fellow Nairalanders
Am planning on starting a music career (R &B music) for myself but I don't know how much it would cost me, how to get a good management and how the music business is.
Please anyone with a great idea should let me in
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by EzegeNdiigbo: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2021
10Milli fr startup

16 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Robnectar(m): 9:07am On Oct 07, 2021
make we open personal studio

11 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by slawormiir: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn

First of all you get talent?
Nor be say you go enter studio now begin use too much voice enhancer like Davido for your untalented career....dey dish out dogg shit

The reason why Davido succeed na because him papa hold small money
If you try am.....you career go just die before he start

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Obaxxx(m): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2021
lipsrsealed
This op need serious advice undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by FuckEveryday: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2021
ALOT OF MONEY, VERY VERY GOOD BEAT MAKER & A FAIRLY GOOD VOICE.

Gone are the days of Record labels, notice how alot of boys got into the music scene since 2019 Wen yahoo was seriously paying.

JUST HAVE ENOUGH MONEY

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by lasisi69(f): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2021
Hope you know God He runs the world... Not you or i undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by ruggedtimi(m): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2021
Good music...even u invest 2billion in your career you might not be able to reach the height of even zlatan ibile
A good music and a promoter( record label).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by graphics104: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2021
cool
I pray you blow. Best of luck.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Prayfortheworld: 9:44am On Oct 07, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn
Issoryt

5 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by thatsleepboy1: 9:44am On Oct 07, 2021
I'm here to look for who will teach me how to sell motor spare parts. Ụnụ bikọ méré m ebere.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by wunmi590(m): 9:44am On Oct 07, 2021

In my own opinion, I don't think you need any money to venture into music, what you need is good music and a good connect....

Once you have those two things, baba nah producers and Manager go dey rush you like conductor, because they would want to make money out of you kiss

18 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Lakadastickla: 9:44am On Oct 07, 2021
Lol

Only knows why I’m laughing
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 07, 2021
I don't think it's all about money,,, na grace,,, who go blow go blow.

10 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Shellsploit: 9:44am On Oct 07, 2021
... R&B for Nigeria shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Maybe you should ask R Kelly!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Oracle63: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2021
here to learn
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2021
it's a long journey bro...

Jez find one recording studio dey visit steady.
make friends with management, wit established & upcoming artiste dem always visiting there.

Let ppl try to feature u in their songs b4 u can com back to make estimates...

But if u get millions to enter music now, but no talent, money go waste be dat.
cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Mumusaphire: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2021
ask EFE money.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Bbqekpa: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2021
Ask Airforce1. He started with 7500 and he got tracks to his name grin

9 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by inoki247: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2021
Goan colet loan from Lapo nd start....

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Dhamio(m): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2021
Much money
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Bobotic(m): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2021
Na wetin dey for head matters cool lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Carlyboi(m): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2021
It depends but 5m ups would go a longway!that’s if you’re not planning or setting up a standard music studio or record label tho
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Legendrysailor(m): 9:46am On Oct 07, 2021
Pls I need someone who is in possession of a 1xbet account to fund my 1xbet account, I will transfer money to his bank account so dat when he sees d transfer he will then fund my 1xbet account. Pls is urgent, I can't fund my account directly from my bank account because I lost my sim card, meaning I can't get d otp code when d ask me for it
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by dex4sure: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2021
I need a hot tea please, the weather seem to be cold here
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Alcorty: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2021
Money
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by tutudesz: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2021
grin you should ask our residential superstar Airforce1 shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 07, 2021
solofresh:
Hello fellow Nairalanders
Am planning on starting a music career (R &B music) for myself but I don't know how much it would cost me, how to get a good management and how the music business is.
Please anyone with a great idea should let me in
Thank you

Thanks for sharing

Have you considered first getting involved in some small role in the industry?

Money isn't exactly what you need to start ANY career.

You need the right knowledge, which you can only gain by actually getting involved in some way.

Is there a studio near you? Go out and MEET and TALK with real people.

That way, you are more likely to get REAL-WORLD knowledge of where you can fit in

You also need to be willing to EARN your stripes.

Not everyone will "blow" like Wizkid, but if music is really your thing, you can still make a tidy fortune for yourself.

Thanks again and all the best!

8 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by StagethemTVee: 9:47am On Oct 07, 2021
This is a very interesting topic and i hope OP finds information below
useful
One major question a new artiste desiring to succeed in their music careers and become popular ask at the beginning of their musical journey is, ‘how do I promote my music?’

For some time now, there has been a scarcity of major record labels with many artistes floating their own labels like Davido’s DMW, Olamide’s YBNL and Zlatan’s Zanku records. However most of these artistes hardly sign new artistes meaning that a new artistes will mst time have to also manage and promote himself as your own music promoter.

Here are few tips to promoting your song:

1. Create a masterpiece of a song– No matter the genre you are into, afrobeat, soul, dancehall, hip-hop, rock, Rap, R n B, classic, alternative- whatever, Just make sure it is really good. Send it to a lot of critics and get various reviews before releasing it. You should do music to impress millions of strangers who will become fans.

2. Make use of social media ad the internet – Open profiles on sites like Youtube, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. These gives you the platform to build a fan base and get your music heard more. Several Nigerian artistes like Teni, Davido and Laycon made good use of social media to build a large following. Update your profile regularly with contents like pictures, videos of you singing or attending events and more. An interesting and active Social media profiles gives you a worldwide online following which is good for your launch as a new artiste. Hashtags, meetup groups, Twitter threads, and Facebook groups are some of the tools to help grow your social media presence. Be sure to always reach out to other new artistes like you through their social handles as a little bit of friend-making and cross-promotion can go a long way.

3. Put your songs online for download and streaming- If you would like your song to reach a wider audience, you should know people generally love free music downloads. Have some of your songs uploaded to music sites and promote your download links to your fans using your social media profiles.

4. Create a website for your Artist Brand – A good website should be a major part of your promotion plans as a new artiste. This will help you reach out to new fans and can be more effective than social media because your voice as an artist is not limited on your website.

Unlike social media networks, your own website creates a very clear path towards reaching new fans and a wider audience on your own terms. Artistes websites also provide revenue streams for independent artistes that social media platforms don’t.

5. Execute a Radio and P.R Campaign – This last strategy for promoting your music as a new artiste is for artistes who have some money to invest in their music promotion.

Hiring a consultant or a manager to push your music to radio, playlists, blogs and press outlets can achieve huge results, but often at huge prices. Radio presenters and DJs charge quiet a lot to promote new artistes over a specific period. Even at that, there is no guarantee your song will be picked up in continuous rotation by other stations after your paid period is over.

As you grow and become popular and well known in your music career, there is always room for improving and changing your strategies.

https://mynaijadj.com/for-upcoming-artistes-how-to-promote-your-music/

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Instrumentation And Control Training / Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN / Win $5,000 At The Techpoint Africa Fintech Summit Hackathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.