Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE (1750 Views)

Infinix S5- I Can't Receive Calls / Pls Help My Airtel Internet Speed Is Very Slow On 4g With Full Bar / Ntel Is Offering 11gig Data For 1k On 4g Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by invincible560(m): 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2021
The world of technology keeps advancing and evolving and smartphone's connectivity is not left out as we have smartphones that are 5G enabled. That's not a bad invention, but the simple question is; does your Network provider support most of these connectivity bands?!

I remember specifically when Glo launched 4G, they made use of band 700 (28)band which is very rare on any smartphone or MiFi available at that time. That band suffered many users, myself inclusive. However, the release of Glo MiFi that uses the band 700 (28)band saved the day. Although, they later switched to a more popular band that supports all smartphones.

So, it's a pain in the ass when your smartphone has 4G features and it is restricted by your Network provider.  for instance, some specific devices can now make calls over 4G but their Network provider does not support such protocol called "VoLTE".

4G LTE and VoLTE

4G LTE is an advanced connectivity protocol with a single channel dedicated for data purposes and cannot make calls during the early Era of its invention.

When you receive calls while on 4G, It switches back to 3G for the call features to work and it switches back to 4G for data. However, VoLTE was later enabled to make calls on 4G LTE and many Network providers are switching to the protocol.

I know you may want to what the term VoLTE implies?

The VoLTE simply means voice call over LTE you use data to make calls. It has advantages over normal calls because it gives better call clarity.

In Nigeria, network providers that support VoLTE are just a few and if you think the 4 biggest network providers in Nigeria support the VoLTE, then you are wrong �

Few Network providers that support VoLTE are smile, Ntel e.t.c

Now to the crux of this discuss-why you can't receive calls on 4G device. If you have been following my story from the beginning, you will possibly know why you can't make calls on 4G LTE.

If sometimes you experience issues trying to receive calls, or people complain that your mobile number is not always reachable. Then you need to know why.

If you use LTE frequently for data, you might have set your phone to use 4G only and this must have caused the issues raised in the preceding paragraph. It is simply because when someone calls in, your phone won't be able to switch from 4G to 3G to receive the call. Same way if you can't call out while on 4G.

How to fix this issue!

Go to your phone settings, check network settings, choose Auto mode instead of 4G only.

With this simple information and setting when next you want to receive a call while browsing with 4G, your network will automatically switch to 3G to receive the call. Cheers!

Post Credits
https://techfashy.com/2021/10/why-you-cant-receive-calls-on-4g-lte.html

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by sirshadow: 12:45am On Oct 10, 2021
Nice read.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by MrEazi223: 7:17am On Oct 10, 2021
OP MTN support VOLTE in some major cities like LAgos, PH, Abuja, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and many more but not all the states yet but you won’t know as you’re not a Telecomm Engineer.
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by dawnomike(m): 7:35am On Oct 10, 2021
Nice information...
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by Shellsploit: 8:06am On Oct 10, 2021
Front page
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by PATAlolade(m): 8:06am On Oct 10, 2021
invincible560:
The world of technology keeps advancing and evolving and smartphone's connectivity is not left out as we have smartphones that are 5G enabled. That's not a bad invention, but the simple question is; does your Network provider support most of these connectivity bands?!

I remember specifically when Glo launched 4G, they made use of band 700 (28)band which is very rare on any smartphone or MiFi available at that time. That band suffered many users, myself inclusive. However, the release of Glo MiFi that uses the band 700 (28)band saved the day. Although, they later switched to a more popular band that supports all smartphones.

So, it's a pain in the ass when your smartphone has 4G features and it is restricted by your Network provider.  for instance, some specific devices can now make calls over 4G but their Network provider does not support such protocol called "VoLTE".

4G LTE and VoLTE

4G LTE is an advanced connectivity protocol with a single channel dedicated for data purposes and cannot make calls during the early Era of its invention.

When you receive calls while on 4G, It switches back to 3G for the call features to work and it switches back to 4G for data. However, VoLTE was later enabled to make calls on 4G LTE and many Network providers are switching to the protocol.

I know you may want to what the term VoLTE implies?

The VoLTE simply means voice call over LTE you use data to make calls. It has advantages over normal calls because it gives better call clarity.

In Nigeria, network providers that support VoLTE are just a few and if you think the 4 biggest network providers in Nigeria support the VoLTE, then you are wrong �

Few Network providers that support VoLTE are smile, Ntel e.t.c

Now to the crux of this discuss-why you can't receive calls on 4G device. If you have been following my story from the beginning, you will possibly know why you can't make calls on 4G LTE.

If sometimes you experience issues trying to receive calls, or people complain that your mobile number is not always reachable. Then you need to know why.

If you use LTE frequently for data, you might have set your phone to use 4G only and this must have caused the issues raised in the preceding paragraph. It is simply because when someone calls in, your phone won't be able to switch from 4G to 3G to receive the call. Same way if you can't call out while on 4G.

How to fix this issue!

Go to your phone settings, check network settings, choose Auto mode instead of 4G only.

With this simple information and setting when next you want to receive a call while browsing with 4G, your network will automatically switch to 3G to receive the call. Cheers!

Post Credits
https://techfashy.com/2021/10/why-you-cant-receive-calls-on-4g-lte.html

Can I share it?
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by HarunaWest(m): 8:23am On Oct 10, 2021
Great Info...Most times when people call me, they say my line aint reachable. Mine is on Auto, still e dey Bleep up..the matter tired me.
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 10, 2021
MrEazi223:
OP MTN support VOLTE in some major cities like LAgos, PH, Abuja, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and many more but not all the states yet but you won’t know as you’re not a Telecomm Engineer.

OP never mentioned or referenced MTN in his post, but your 'I Too Know' attitude will always cause you to disgrace yourself in public. Tuah undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by sureteeboy(m): 10:06am On Oct 10, 2021
HenryDion:

OP never mentioned or referenced MTN in his post, but your 'I Too Know' attitude will always cause you to disgrace yourself in public. Tuah undecided
The post indicates the 4 biggest networks in nigeria don't use VoLTE. I'm not taking any sides, but I just wonder how MTN isn't part of the 4 biggest networks in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by Commentor: 11:01am On Oct 10, 2021
Nice one OP.

You deserve a crate of Gulder.
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by Zanzibar1: 11:22am On Oct 10, 2021
Calls
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by invincible560(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2021
PATAlolade:

Can I share it?

Yes you can
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by MrEazi223: 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
HenryDion:

Ewu You can back and read what OP write up there, OP said non of the big 4 telecommunications in Nigeria support VOLTE yet that’s why I corrected him that MTN is currently supporting VOLTE in some cities.

Mad man I said what I said because I’m sure of it if you need better schooling you can PM me.

1 Like

Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by ORIJIN201(m): 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
MrEazi223:

Ewu You can back and read what OP write up there, OP said non of the big 4 telecommunications in Nigeria support VOLTE yet that’s why I corrected him that MTN is currently supporting VOLTE in some cities.

Mad man I said what I said because I’m sure of it if you need better schooling you can PM me.
I'm in Lagos and no volte on my MTN.
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by MrEazi223: 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
ORIJIN201:

Yes bro not everywhere in Lagos yet and some cities I mentioned above but like I said it’s already in Lagos because I’m lucky to be one of the people who carry out the VoLTE test in PH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by ORIJIN201(m): 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
MrEazi223:

Yes bro not everywhere in Lagos yet and some cities I mentioned above but like I said it’s already in Lagos because I’m lucky to be one of the people who carry out the VoLTE test in PH
ok nice
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by revived: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
Learnt Something Today
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by MrEazi223: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
ORIJIN201:

To backup my claims MTN NG announced on Twitter in 2020 that VoLTE is available on their network in Nigeria

Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by PATAlolade(m): 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
invincible560:

Yes you can
Thanks.
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by Generalkorex(m): 6:05am On Oct 14, 2021
I've learned something new.
Re: Why You Can't Receive Calls On 4G LTE by jericco1(m): 12:18am On Oct 15, 2021
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Iphone X For Sale / Liberty Discount Blackberry Used Smart Phones / Real Picture Of Ebube Essien Garrick; MTN Aeroplane Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.