Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Jesus Asked A Question In Mark 10:18 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Asked A Question In Mark 10:18 (230 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/10/18 / Why Did Jesus Asked His Disciples To Pick Up Leftover Fish And Bread / Is Jesus Really God (mark 10:18) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Asked A Question In Mark 10:18 by ochibuogwu5: 3:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mark 10:18
Jesus answered him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone."

My question is why did Jesus denied the title good ?

He was referring to HIS *human form* as an aspect of HIM that is *limited to the goodness mankind produces* which in some cases *does not align with the goodness of God according to God's perfect-will*

This is the reason each human being needs an intimate relationship with GOD in order to please God in this our earthly body, hence Adam and Eve fail short of God's glory at Eden when they engaged the serpent with their own human resources and intelligence alone, therefore to restore mankind to this state where he recognises fresh each second his need of God's help(mercy and grace supplied by the Holy Spirit), Jesus took human flesh and redeemed our fallen nature from the eternal condemnation we deserve by Adam's disobedience through His death on the Cross and His resurrection which released the new creation life which can now carry the fullness of the GOD-HEAD inside our body in Christ,

thus *each human being is called to be born-again* in order to submit to the life of Jesus Christ Crucified that dwells inside *only those born-again by the power of faith in Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection*

This born-again lifestyle or *new creation mortal-body* is the *only life any human being can carry that can always obey Christ dwelling inside HIM* and be *manifesting the type of goodness which agrees fresh each second of our earthly lifestyle with the perfect-will and goodness of God*

Hebrews 5:7-10 teaches us that by prayers of loud cries and deep groans and intimate relationship with the Father, Jesus always asked the Father to supply this life within His mortal-body so that He will not *disobey the perfect-will of His Father fresh each second* and His Father heard and helped HIM to achieve and manifest such sinless lifestyle from His conception till His ascension.

Hence Jesus will always say, I cannot do anything by my own will, I only do what I see and hear the Father do (John 5:19)

I have come not to do my own will but the will of HIM(Abbah My Father) who sent me

Father, your will be done not my will be done

He had our human weakness which can see temptations and experience temptations yet He did not sin both in the secret of His thoughts and external behaviours

This same life is what He has poured into any human being who by faith receives the effects and realities of His death on the Cross and His resurrection.

Thus
"As many as received HIM, He gave them power to become Sons of God, those who believed in HIS Name" (John 1:12)

Hence no human being(believer or unbeliever) *has excuse to commit sin or die in sin and move into hell-fire to spend eternity therein* (John 15:22)

In every temptations that comes to us as believers, the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of the Father and the Son) always provides an escape way for us to pull through such temptations and not commit sin (1 Cor.10:13)

That escape way is *to always ask for His mercy obtained from His throne of grace* so that we find and have grace to help us in such and each time of need in order for us to serve God acceptably with holiness and Godly fear and perfecting holiness in the fear of God from one degree of glory to a higher degree of glory unto full maturity in Christ (Hebrews 4:16)

Yes, we have received the best thing in life *by grace through faith in Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection*, every other thing is *just an addition and the expression of His faithfulness to His perfect-will for our earthly existence*

Let our focus be only to *remain inside the Crucified Jesus Christ* fresh each second of your earthly existence both in the secret of your thoughts and external behaviours

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another. 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak(excuse) for their sin.

Repent from delayed/sluggish/procrastinated obedience to the Word and Spirit of God's instructions *personally meant for you*

Delayed/sluggish/procrastinated obedience or obedience with murmuring/complain equals disobedience which equals pride/arrogance before God. Pride is what makes devil *the devil*.

"God resists/opposee the proud and gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6)

"For the commandments of God are not burdensome" (1 John 5:3)

"For the grace of God *has appeared to all human being*, this grace enables human beings to receive salvation through faith in Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection,

This same grace teaches human beings how to say NO to sin, every and any appearances of sin, temptations, worldly passions/emotions/desires in this present world(circumstances, conditions, marital-status, jobs, business, academia, research, inventions, sickness, health, financial-difficulties, financial-abundance, e.t.c.)

This same grace teaches human beings how to say YES to Gods Word and Spirit immediately, righteousness, holiness, Holy Spirit controlled lifestyle in this present world" (Titus 2:11-14)

"Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with confidence that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need" (Hebrews 4:16)

Receive the mercy and grace obtained from the throne of Gods grace to obey immediately in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Jesus Asked A Question In Mark 10:18 by mountmoriah(m): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
ochibuogwu5:
Mark 10:8
Jesus answered him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone."

My question is why did Jesus denied the title good ?

He was referring to HIS *human form* as an aspect of HIM that is *limited to the goodness mankind produces* which in some cases *does not align with the goodness of God according to God's perfect-will*

This is the reason each human being needs an intimate relationship with GOD in order to please God in this our earthly body, hence Adam and Eve fail short of God's glory at Eden when they engaged the serpent with their own human resources and intelligence alone, therefore to restore mankind to this state where he recognises fresh each second his need of God's help(mercy and grace supplied by the Holy Spirit), Jesus took human flesh and redeemed our fallen nature from the eternal condemnation we deserve by Adam's disobedience through His death on the Cross and His resurrection which released the new creation life which can now carry the fullness of the GOD-HEAD inside our body in Christ,

thus *each human being is called to be born-again* in order to submit to the life of Jesus Christ Crucified that dwells inside *only those born-again by the power of faith in Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection*

This born-again lifestyle or *new creation mortal-body* is the *only life any human being can carry that can always obey Christ dwelling inside HIM* and be *manifesting the type of goodness which agrees fresh each second of our earthly lifestyle with the perfect-will and goodness of God*

Hebrews 5:7-10 teaches us that by prayers of loud cries and deep groans and intimate relationship with the Father, Jesus always asked the Father to supply this life within His mortal-body so that He will not *disobey the perfect-will of His Father fresh each second* and His Father heard and helped HIM to achieve and manifest such sinless lifestyle from His conception till His ascension.

Hence Jesus will always say, I cannot do anything by my own will, I only do what I see and hear the Father do (John 5:19)

I have come not to do my own will but the will of HIM(Abbah My Father) who sent me

Father, your will be done not my will be done

He had our human weakness which can see temptations and experience temptations yet He did not sin both in the secret of His thoughts and external behaviours

This same life is what He has poured into any human being who by faith receives the effects and realities of His death on the Cross and His resurrection.

Thus
"As many as received HIM, He gave them power to become Sons of God, those who believed in HIS Name" (John 1:12)

Hence no human being(believer or unbeliever) *has excuse to commit sin or die in sin and move into hell-fire to spend eternity therein* (John 15:22)

In every temptations that comes to us as believers, the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of the Father and the Son) always provides an escape way for us to pull through such temptations and not commit sin (1 Cor.10:13)

That escape way is *to always ask for His mercy obtained from His throne of grace* so that we find and have grace to help us in such and each time of need in order for us to serve God acceptably with holiness and Godly fear and perfecting holiness in the fear of God from one degree of glory to a higher degree of glory unto full maturity in Christ (Hebrews 4:16)

Yes, we have received the best thing in life *by grace through faith in Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection*, every other thing is *just an addition and the expression of His faithfulness to His perfect-will for our earthly existence*

Let our focus be only to *remain inside the Crucified Jesus Christ* fresh each second of your earthly existence both in the secret of your thoughts and external behaviours

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another. 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak(excuse) for their sin.

Repent from delayed/sluggish/procrastinated obedience to the Word and Spirit of God's instructions *personally meant for you*

Delayed/sluggish/procrastinated obedience or obedience with murmuring/complain equals disobedience which equals pride/arrogance before God. Pride is what makes devil *the devil*.

"God resists/opposee the proud and gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6)

"For the commandments of God are not burdensome" (1 John 5:3)

"For the grace of God *has appeared to all human being*, this grace enables human beings to receive salvation through faith in Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection,

This same grace teaches human beings how to say NO to sin, every and any appearances of sin, temptations, worldly passions/emotions/desires in this present world(circumstances, conditions, marital-status, jobs, business, academia, research, inventions, sickness, health, financial-difficulties, financial-abundance, e.t.c.)

This same grace teaches human beings how to say YES to Gods Word and Spirit immediately, righteousness, holiness, Holy Spirit controlled lifestyle in this present world" (Titus 2:11-14)

"Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with confidence that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need" (Hebrews 4:16)

Receive the mercy and grace obtained from the throne of Gods grace to obey immediately in Jesus name. Amen.
God bless u OP
Re: Jesus Asked A Question In Mark 10:18 by Janosky: 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
Why would Him be sent since he is the Him?

Deluded 3 doghead slave!
Re: Jesus Asked A Question In Mark 10:18 by ochibuogwu5: 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

(1) (Reply)

Untold Truth About Money Donations In Churches// WF Kumuyi Answers Money Problem / Ada Ehi Bags New Deal With A Real Estate Company / Nigerian Man Commits Sucide In America.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.