Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,425 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance (9633 Views)

NAICOM Increases Third-party Vehicle Insurance From N5000 To N15,000 / NAICOM Increases Third Party Motor Insurance By 200% To ₦‎15,000 / 5 Benefits Of Third Party Motor Insurance You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by candidbabe(f): 10:45am On Oct 11, 2021
Patiently waiting
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by chloride6: 10:46am On Oct 11, 2021
No more 5k insurance

PattBF right now

Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by davit: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2021
Such a useless insurance policy!
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by Doctortyre: 11:42am On Oct 11, 2021
Esseite:
You want to increase the price of the useless 3rd party paper that covers nothing on Nigeria?

I wonder o
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by Dada4me: 12:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
Please I need lectures on what my rights are concerning this kind of insurance. It makes me sick each year paying 5k.

What's my benefit please?
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by ceaser: 12:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
Another repressive policy. Thanks to the d1ck-tator in Aṣọ Rock.
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hello guys a new solidarity movement was created for Nigerian youths (students precisely)
Quote me to show your interest
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by TerrorSquad147: 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
tutudesz:
New New price everywhere undecided Gas that 7k last week is now 7800
that's what I just paid
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by Elonmuzk(m): 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
Do they have vehicle insurance in Nigeria? shocked shocked
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by tutudesz: 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
TerrorSquad147:
that's what I just paid
We may end buying Gas 10000-12000 by December time
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by bobbiiee: 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2021
Third party as the name suggests, does not cover your car, it covers the car you hit with yours.

Depending on the insurance company, some pay as much as N1 mill in the event of an accident. A good example is Consilidated Halmark Insurance.

Sadly, most driver don't make claims when they hit someone, they simply sort it among themselves instead of passing the burden to the insurance company. I don't have the figures, but it's possible that over 85% of those doing 3rd party insurance are not aware of their right, thereby not making any claims.

Doing insurance is very easy now because payment can be done directly online, and the insurance certificate will be sent to your email. This has been my method for four years. Prior, I do insurance at the licensing office.

Sadly, some of the agents some car users patronize hand over fake insurance cover to people. My dad was defrauded by a staff of an insurance company. I didn't realise until 8 months late. I took it up with the staff, he denied, claiming there was a mistake somewhere. I took it up with the company. They gave me new insurance certificate 3 weeks after doing their investigation.

To verify if your insurance is genuine, go to
https://askniid.org/VerifyPolicy.aspx

Dada4me:
Please I need lectures on what my rights are concerning this kind of insurance. It makes me sick each year paying 5k.

What's my benefit please?
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by Dada4me: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
[quote author=bobbiiee post=106644239]Third party as the name suggests, does not cover your car, it covers the car you hit with yours.

Depending on the insurance company, some pay as much as N1 mill in the event of an accident. A good example is Consilidated Halmark Insurance.

Sadly, most driver don't make claims when they hit someone, they simply sort it among themselves instead of passing the burden to the insurance company. I don't have the figures, but it's possible that over 85% of those doing 3rd party insurance are not aware of their right, thereby not making any claims.

Doing insurance is very easy now because payment can be done directly online, and the insurance certificate will be sent to your email. This has been my method for four years. Prior, I do insurance at the licensing office.

Sadly, some of the agents some car users patronize hand over fake insurance cover to people. My dad was defrauded by a staff of an insurance company. I didn't realise until 8 months late. I took it up with the staff, he denied, claiming there was a mistake somewhere. I took it up with the company. They gave me new insurance certificate 3 weeks after doing their investigation.

To verify if your insurance is genuine, go to
https://askniid.org/VerifyPolicy.aspx

I am grateful for this enlightenment.

If I register online for insurance, will licensing office do the car permit renewal for me without paying for the insurance?
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by aryzgreat: 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by TerrorSquad147: 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
tutudesz:

We may end buying Gas 10000-12000 by December time
if not more than sef angry
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by bobbiiee: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
Yes, they will.
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by bobbiiee: 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
Yes, they will.

Licensing office is saddled with allocation of new numbers, vehicle license, & hackney permit for commercial vehicles.

It's your choice to do your insurance anywhere. You can do it there if you want to. They can't force you to do so.

The type of insurance (comprehensive or 3rd party) is your choice.

Now that some states have mandated that vehicles are to be tested before giving road worthiness certificate. Though, there are ways around it. If you are based in lagos, you can drive to LACVIS center and get your roadworthiness done yourself. It's even cheaper that way.

Dada4me:
[/quote]

If I register online for insurance, will licensing office do the car permit renewal for me without paying for the insurance?

[quote author=Dada4me post=106648429]
Re: NAICOM Set To Announce New Price For 3rd Party Motor Insurance by bobbiiee: 1:42pm On Jan 28, 2022
[quote author=Dada4me post=106648429][/quote]

Yes, they will. It is not mandatory for you to do your insurance there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja To Uyo By Road on 19 09 2014/ Uyo To Abuja By Road on 21-22 09 2014 / Help Which Model Of Toyota Rav4 To Buy / Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.