Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,318 members, 7,850,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:59 PM

Is This Appointment Letter Legit - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This Appointment Letter Legit (17083 Views)

Is This Appointment Letter Genuine? / Verify This Appointment Letter / What's The Implication Of Working Without An Appointment Letter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by Baba40(f): 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2021
Winningbot:
My aunty got this appointment letter from shell, how legit is it

Scam
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by bayelsaowei(m): 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
Winningbot:
how was this sent to you? Was it via email?
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
Winningbot:

SCAM! SCAM!!
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by brightalo1010: 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
Winningbot:
she didn't pay, but intend to. I just want to confirm the if it's real first

So normally which company ask people for upfront money before employing them ?
Even a primary one pupil will know that this is a cheap format for scammers . is the lady not aware of what is called employment scam ?
if she all victim of this obvious scam she will start saying they used juju on her .smh

1 Like

Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2021
Winningbot:

Tell her never to pay.

This is what is called Advanced Fee Fraud where you pay someone some amount of money intending to benefit something larger.

It's the 350k they want from you.

I am sure she never applied to Shell for a job.

And also, that letter is filled with grammatical errors that the average eyes won't detect.
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by oviexcels(m): 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
This thing no pass first scam test oooooo, I never see letter when them dey write like this before oooooo.
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by quickly: 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
ridbell01:
You are a Nigerian and they said you will 350k for work permit?

Read the note section

They want her to pay for Canada trip which is the scam
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by quickly: 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
What the fork is decree 18 of fundamental human right.

Person wey type dis letter na night school Im go

2 Likes

Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by Jarus(m): 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
Winningbot:

Scam!
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by tutudesz: 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
Areola14:

When shell Nigeria want to do anything in Nigeria, the only thing they do is either give scholarship or recruits through the endorsement by the director of the company in Nigeria, or through politician's. But recruiting anyhow person, it will take the grace of God, even people working there want to bring their people there but are finding it difficult. And if they want to employ, they employ only those who red science courses, and most of them are from oil producing states... Presently, shell are not recruiting, instead they are retrenching staffs, there is fall in oil price, covid19 as affected them.
70% of Shell Nigeria employees are non South South, that was one of the reason of militancy.
Those employed by Shell got recommendation from either a retired and presently employed staff.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by dogmax(m): 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
SCAM OH.....RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by femi4: 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
Winningbot:
Fake, Shell appointment letter doesn't spell everything out like this
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by LordReed(m): 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2021
Winningbot:

FAKE! This is not how SPDC official letters are formated. Even the grammar is totally off.
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by kolaaderin: 8:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
Areola14:
Shell do not operate that way. When they want to employ, they employ from either from us or Canada... I know lots of people that work in shell, 97% of them were employed in western word country's. Not here in Nigeria... And they will never ask you for money. Don't fall a victim even as you still looking for work here in Nigeria.

You are talking in Gross nonsense !! this may actually be a fraud, but the nonsense you wrote up there should be disregarded.... seriously.

1 Like

Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by Ashirioluwa: 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
Only fool will fall for this
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by lereinter(m): 8:41pm On Oct 12, 2021
Winningbot:

You mean she was contemplating paying

Then

You have a mumu sister

She can't check on their website or even travel to their company location and confirm the authenticity

1 Like

Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by einsteine(m): 10:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ask them for account details. Once they provide it, mail it along with the scam appointment letter to EFCC. They will regret what they did.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by quickly: 12:49am On Oct 13, 2021
tutudesz:

70% of Shell Nigeria employees are non South South, that was one of the reason of militancy.
Those employed by Shell got recommendation from either a retired and presently employed staff.

If shell hire based on tribe or ethnicity instead of skill and merit them for don fold up.

All or most of 1st class or strong 2-1 engineering Students end up in Shell Chevron etc

They mostly discriminate based on academics and then 5% can fall into padipadi quota for community pickin and politicans
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by Nobody: 4:56am On Oct 13, 2021
Winningbot:
where do you mean by "us"
U.S.A
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:25am On Oct 13, 2021
An employment letter from a reputable organization cannot be 1page document
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by tutudesz: 7:52am On Oct 13, 2021
quickly:

If shell hire based on tribe or ethnicity instead of skill and merit them for don fold up.

All or most of 1st class or strong 2-1 engineering Students end up in Shell Chevron etc

They mostly discriminate based on academics and then 5% can fall into padipadi quota for community pickin and politicans
So there are no 1st class and 2.1 from the oil producing communities undecided You need to travel to other oil producing countries and see how the employee ratio look like there.
Re: Is This Appointment Letter Legit by Jarus(m): 11:48am On Oct 14, 2021
sauceEEP:
Cc jarus

Scam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Bank Recruit / Access Bank Aptitude Test Call Up / British High Commission Graduate Intern Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.