Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital (20826 Views)

241 New COVID-19 Cases, 117 Discharged And 15 Deaths On June 2 - (3916 Tested) / 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths / Dr Abideen Aro Revives A Pilgrim Who Slumped During Hajj In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by Princeton92(m): 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
The dream of an improved healthcare delivery system for the people of Ikot Ekpene local government in Akwa Ibom State has finally been realised with the unveiling of a state of the arts modern secondary hospital and referral center for the area.

The 117 years old Ikot Ekpene General Hospital which had suffered years of neglect and dilapidation, was an eyesore until Governor Emmanuel Udom commenced intervention exercise last year.

At the inauguration ceremony which attracted former President Goodluck Jonathan, Governor Udom Emmanuel assured the people of the state of his committment to the upgrading and reconstruction of healthcare facilities, security of lives and property and manpower development.

He said his administration believes that these three fundamental elements determine and shape the social contract and have tackled these crucial areas with “messianic zeal and the results are there for any discerning or dispassionate mind and eye to see.”

Governor Emmanuel, who was represented by his deputy, Mr Moses Ekpo, expressed gratitude to the former president for honouring his invite.

“We are grateful that President Jonathan, consented to helping commission the Phase 1 of our reconstructed General Hospital, Ikot Ekpene, which has facilities that are comparable to any such center, anywhere in the world.

“The commissioning of this General Hospital is a fulfilment of a campaign promise I made, to establish world class secondary health care facilities (general hospitals) in all Ten Federal Constituencies in the State.

“With today’s event, we have completed and commissioned to the glory of God, all but one, Ikot Abasi, which work is on-going”, he added.

He further said that his goal is to build a future for a new Akwa Ibom State, where industrialisation, infrastructure, human capital development, healthcare and soft infrastructure will put the state on the spotlight as a reference point on how to utilize the resources available to impact lives and create sustainable growth.

The former President of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Jonathan in his speech lauded the governor for completely redesigning the hospital as part of measures towards providing adequate health care delivery to Akwa Ibomites.

“I’m glad to be here at this time, It’s good we are partnering with NMA as the commence their health week.

“I commend the Governor for refurbishing this hospital and also the security aspect considering the state of security in the country today, the Covid-19 pandemic has also opened the eyes of people that health should not be taken for granted.

He also commended the leadership of Ikot Ekpene for been committed to the development of the area through their cooperation with the Government to protect these enormous projects.

The Commissioner for Health, Prof Augustine Umoh eulogised Governor Emmanuel for giving priority to the health sector while giving insight to facilities in the hospital.

He listed the components to include the newly constructed storey building administration block, emergency unit, out-patient department, more conducive environment, power infrastructure through provision of a new generator and solar energy machines, male wards, female wards, ultrasound, x-rays, pediatric unit, theatres, motorised beds, manpower of over 30 Doctors and still recruiting more.

In their messages of goodwill, the former Senator representing Ikot-Ekpene Senatorial District at the National Assembly, Senator Emmanuel Ibok Essien, and the House of Representatives Member for Ikot Ekpene Federal Constituency, Rt. Hon. Nsikak Ekong and the Chairman of Ikot Ekpene Local Government Council, Hon. Unyime Etim, took turns to eulogise Governor Emmanuel for transforming the once dilapidated hospital to world class standard and for the numerous projects scattered across the Iocal government area.

Hon Nsikak Ekong who recalled his ordeal at the General hospital years back said that when a leader loves his people, the outcome is sustainable development.

” I come from Ikot Ekpene and I know how bad this place was. I remember when my friend had an accident, the emergency unit was bad, if I had left him here, he would have died.

” Thank you for coming to our aid, we will support you till completion, I wish it was possible to do a third term, we would have wanted you to continue.

“When Covid-19 came, the whole country was locked down, most states where erecting tents as isolation centers, but you built a world class isolation center in six weeks.

” Few weeks ago , my aide who dropped me off at the airport was coughing and I asked him, what was wrong and he said he was sick, I told him to run a test and it came out positive, after spending days at a facility in Abuja and with his condition deteriorating, I had him relocated to Akwa Ibom and he was moved to the isolation center at Ituk Mbang and today , Itoro Ekpe is here with me healthy, You have done so much for us”, he said.

Also Speaking the President of the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), Innocent Ujah expressed excitement over the remodelled medical facility.

“We are here to mark the 2021 NMA Week, we are happy to be part of this process, building and ensuring our people get good medical facilities.

“I’m told that we have refurbished over eight hospital and this is the ninth.

“We appreciate the people of Ikot Ekpene for their support and also the Former President for coming around . We are flagging off our week, and we are happy to be part of this event”, he added

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Patrick Eshiet, described Governor Emmanuel as a visionary leader, who has brought about enormous development and thanked God for the clement weather.

The Ikot Ekpene General Hospital was established in 1905 by the Methodist Church as a Health Post.

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by Ever8090: 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2021
Other Governors are at least pretending to be working but the clown in my state ( Benue) is looting the state with impunity using fulani herdsmen and Buhari as cover-up

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by adedayoadedeji(m): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2021
Before and after pix or make una pack one side.

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:15am On Oct 14, 2021
Very very good development.

A better Nigeria all around is all we want.

God bless the Guv'.

God bless Akwa-Ibom.

God bless Nigeria.

We Rise.

A Picture speaks more than a thousand words.

#WeDidOurPart@MANNA

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by Finnese001: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2021

post=106726864]Very very good development.

A better Nigeria all around is all we want.

God bless the Guv'.[/quote]

[quote author=
:

Hmmmmm, this is deep!!

What's deep, always looking for comment that suits your non sense bigotry

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by Calibrator: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2021
And this is an achievement because I am the one who was elected to carry out the duties of the governor's office and since he is doing my job which he doesn't get paid for, he deserves accolades, right?

Nigerians can celebrate mediocrity pass any other sets of citizens anywhere in the multiverse.

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by AxeofGod(m): 11:16am On Oct 14, 2021
And where is the hospital?

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2021
Ever8090:
Other Governors are at least pretending to be working but the clown in my state ( Benue) is looting the state with impunity using fulani herdsmen and Buhari as cover-up
Joeboy88:

When I see posts like these, I weep for Benue state....Nothing to show in these pass 12years.. Makurdi that use to be a very beautiful place with trees, good roads & of surplus groove with less spending, I went there last month & everything has changed. It's looking so dirty & touring round the state from Mkd to Ushongo to Kwande & to Otukpo, I weep cos the government is wicked & heartless for imposing hardship on the people...God will disgrace all our politicians with big names....May sickness visit those ones that looted so much without considering the masses & may God bless those ones that tried their best.....KUDOS to His Excellency, Governor of Akwa ibom state.. Unopposed Presidential ticket for you but avoid APC o aka #chain.

Hmmmmm, this is deep!!

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by baralatie(m): 11:16am On Oct 14, 2021
O boy!
Some governor's are at least throwing everything development into the state o
Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by pek(m): 11:17am On Oct 14, 2021
Pictures of the old hospital would have gone a long way. Reading the long post, I see a lot of politics in it. I might be wrong but that project may not see its completion.

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by NLPoliceWoman: 11:18am On Oct 14, 2021
Finnese001:

Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 5.
Rule 1.

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by Xhuntra: 11:19am On Oct 14, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Rule 5

seun mynd44 lalasticlala Justwise Dominique oam4j
Rule 1 and Rule 19

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 14, 2021
Good
Pix below

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by MrSamsung(m): 11:19am On Oct 14, 2021
Where are the pictures. It speaks more than words.
Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by Jones4190(m): 11:20am On Oct 14, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Rule 5.
Rule 1.
Objections, he didn't break any law hare
Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by celestialAgent(m): 11:25am On Oct 14, 2021
This guy dey try ooo
Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 14, 2021
Everything na news for naija. The day we will start talking nuclear weapons no body go hear word again be that.

Udom is trying to meet up with expectations...kudos to him
Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by AsawanaDgreat: 11:29am On Oct 14, 2021
Waw lovely, may God bless him
Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by DoctorDree(m): 11:29am On Oct 14, 2021
Good one
Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by poiZon: 11:29am On Oct 14, 2021
Calibrator:
And this is an achievement because I am the one who was elected to carry out the duties of the governor's office and since he is doing my job which he doesn't get paid for, he deserves accolades, right?

Nigerians can celebrate mediocrity pass any other sets of citizens anywhere in the multiverse.
Where did u see celebration?
Does commissioning equates celebration in ur dictionary?
Useless and functionless brain.

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by TruthUntold: 11:30am On Oct 14, 2021
Jones4190:
HE PROPOSED. AND SHE GAVE HIM A STINGING SLAP! (At a table in a candle-lit restaurant, a man and woman having dinner) Man: Baby, I love you, would you please marry me? Woman: (stands up and lands a stinging slap on his face) I have waited more than 9yrs, I have prayed, fasted, sowed seeds, bought books and listened to tapes, even went out of my way to be nice to every male specie of marriageable age! I took up new hobbies, watching football and play station. I went to Daystar, from Daystar, I went to House on the Rock, from House on the rock I went to Guiding Light Assembly,MFM,christ embassy,Redeemed, from there i went to This Present Winners looking every where for you l went from a size 14 to asize 10, so that when you see me you’d love what you see. I left Lagos, went to Abuja, from Abuja I went to Port- Harcourt, then I went all the way to Kano I joined hi-five, from hi-five to faceboook, then I went to twitter, I even had a blog on which I ranted, hoping ōϋ would show up! for where? I uploaded only my best pictures on Facebook, infact I took photo sessions to look my best, all for you o! I attended all the weddings, whether the invitation was direct or indirect! The next place I was hoping to check was the moon, before you crawled out, crawled out from the house directly next to mine! So it was you all this while? The neighbour I said hello to every morning? Were you trying to destroy my faith? You almost rendered my prayer life useless? What were you waiting for? What sign where you looking for? Do you want to kill me before you reveal yourself?!!! Now be a gentleman, get down on your knees and put that ring on my finger!
make we laugh small, we too the hear bad news for this country

puhahahahahahaha, if it were real, she would have tried no be small sha.

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 14, 2021
Xhuntra:

seun mynd44 lalasticlala Justwise Dominique oam4j
Rule 1 and Rule 19

No mind d crazy boy
Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by bankolefun(m): 11:33am On Oct 14, 2021
Bubu is older than this hospital..��
Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by Joeboy88: 11:35am On Oct 14, 2021
Ever8090:

When I see posts like these, I weep for Benue state....Nothing to show in these pass 12years.. Makurdi that use to be a very beautiful place with trees, good roads & of surplus groove with less spending, I went there last month & everything has changed. It's looking so dirty & touring round the state from Mkd to Ushongo to Kwande & to Otukpo, I weep cos the government is wicked & heartless for imposing hardship on the people...God will disgrace all our politicians with big names....May sickness visit those ones that looted so much without considering the masses & may God bless those ones that tried their best.....KUDOS to His Excellency, Governor of Akwa ibom state.. Unopposed Presidential ticket for you but avoid APC o aka #chain.

Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by Chikeluba25(m): 11:39am On Oct 14, 2021
Nice one
Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by revived: 11:43am On Oct 14, 2021
Okay
Re: Udom Revives 117-Year-Old Akwa Ibom Hospital by lereinter(m): 11:48am On Oct 14, 2021
Ever8090:

May the souls of all innocent people killed by fulani herdsmen in Benue state be on your head

Mad Woman Gives Birth In Bayelsa State, Father Of Child Still Unknown / Taking Paracetamol While Pregnant Could Harm Baby Boys / How To Grow Taller Faster (100% Genuine)