Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters (77444 Views)

'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters / Emefiele: CBN Will Seize Private Jets Belonging To Loan Defaulters / CBN Grants Banks’ Approval To Debit Loan Defaulters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Naughtysex: 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2021
MITCHELL96:
Loan no good oo, Avoid it!! grin grin grin grin

I shaa remember one of my guy that collected 25k from one loan app, BRANCH by name, till today he never paid them back, they disturbed him for months and later gave up grin grin chai!! Basil, You get mind grin grin
So you believe they gave up?
I laughed in Chinese
The day your friend will have something to do with international transaction will be the day he will receive the shock of his life

What i'm saying is that his full details (through his BVN) is blacklisted
If you doubt me, tell him to go to his bank and ask them to check his BVN in blacklist

3 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by IMAliyu(m): 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2021
I used to occasionally borrow from migo small amounts 2k, 5k when I'd be in need of money, but unfortunately I've grown my loan amount passed what I'm willing to pay interest for, and neither can I afford to pay off such amounts within the given time frame.

The MFers don't have an option to select an amount you are comfortable with, they keep increasing the amount every time you pay them off which seems malicious, it's like they want you to collect a loan higher than you can afford, so they can ruin your reputation.

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
From that day, I made up my mind never to obtain a loan from any fintech firm again,” he stated painfully

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by PGKing1(m): 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
To collect load dey sweet, to repay, same mouth they go use thank you for your business, na same mouth they go use insult person...

Still remain your #1 plug for Original Backwoods
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by nedekid: 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
EmekaBlue:
They should just send those fintech companies especially the chinese shark loans away from Nigeria to stop these uncultured recovery defaming method....Its more harm than any good. You are even a slave to them when you take their loans no matter how good record you have been patronising/helping their business as many now avoid them to make them too much profit/money. One default dey drag u on the ground like a common criminal even involving your whole family

1. Unbelievable high interest rate
2. Just 7days to repay almost half of the money u got like if it's easy why don't they maybe go make double of the money themselves without using baits to help them make money
3. The loan amounts are usually useless like 1500,2000. You have to keep borrowing for a long time before you get something tangible

And many more red flags. I no get time
Bros, I have dealt with them starting from the days of paylater. I stated with 10k and built up my credit. As at the last time I check a year ago, they were offering me 500k. Even when I had need for money I only took 100k instead of maxing the 500 knowing I may have difficulties paying the 500.
All the loan companies, even new ones I don't know offer me money.
The truth of the matter is that we are a high risk country and so interest rates must be high due to high default. Over time when your credit rating is established you get better terms.
Nigerians don't naturally repay loans. Lend the advarage Nigerian money and he thinks he has used your head. Quarell must come.
Most people operate like buhari and not Peter Obi. Why will you take a loan of 10k for a week when you know you have not guaranteed expectant 10k in the next 7days. Ohh, the average Nigerian will say by miracle or God, that day will sort out itself!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Simdyofficial(f): 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
Tomahawk99:

Na you dey talk rubbish. Okash, Branch, Cabon, Alat etc no dey harass the person not to talk of involving the person's contacts.
Like he said there are better ways of loan recovery, you have to be a tout to support such mode of doing business. If person dey owe you there are legal ways to go about it, ask sokoloan how far dem bill them 10 million naira for that bullshit, next one na to close the app.
me and you no get talk.. Go borrow make u no pay..then make them msg your contacts.. Then charge them to court make u collect 10m too na
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by peterdrock001(m): 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2021
You can't blame them. That's business for you. You know also that many Nigerians, if you don't use force, you might never recover Your debt from them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Pegi23(f): 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
I blame both parties tho. If u collect loan pls pay back when it is due do not extend it..for the loan company pls stop sending your stupid messages to their close contacts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by collinometricx: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
abbey621:

Have you ever signed a loan application and read the terms and conditions of the contract? I suggest you don't embarrass yourself any further!

have u tried the fintech?
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by effort1: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
Anybody owing should pay.. Very simple.. This is business..

And.does that justify reporting the loan defaulter to his contacts that were never part of the deal from the start?
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by DJBIGGY(m): 4:36pm On Oct 15, 2021
Tomahawk99:

Na you dey talk rubbish. Okash, Branch, Cabon, Alat etc no dey harass the person not to talk of involving the person's contacts.
Like he said there are better ways of loan recovery, you have to be a tout to support such mode of doing business. If person dey owe you there are legal ways to go about it, ask sokoloan how far dem bill them 10 million naira for that bullshit, next one na to close the app.

He is one of their staff obviously. That's why he is taking sides with them

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by effort1: 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
robosky02:

When you come on line don't just start by insulting read first

In the article somebody applied for extension and paid outstanding

Only to be called by his pastor that the loan company told him his member is a fraudster
When he has already paid.

The question is why all the names when you can intelligently recover debts
Simdyofficial is one of those idiots that think they have brain, not knowing what they have in their skull Is sawdust.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Cars4sale2021: 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
We have too many illiterates running theses loan businesses taking advantages of citizens, interest rates are outrageous... Return policies are poorly operated.... Majority of them are third parties ..... They're constantly defaulting the CBN regulations I think the federal governments should get involved immediately

SOKO LOAN ARE FRAUDSTERS BEWARE

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by azikiweironsi(m): 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
Anybody owing should pay.. Very simple.. This is business..

Shut it up. Some of this loan companies are out to swindle innocent Nigerian. Some paid and their app refused to update their payments days after the payment. Again, some deliberately refused to answer to your calls for solutions because the more the delays, the more the interest accrued to the victim.
This is Nigeria where such companies looks for loop holes to swindle innocent Nigerian of course thinking that most people don't know their rights nor knows the authorities to report them to. Just like the police officer plays on many motorists intelligence in other to cash out on them.

4 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Didi2d(m): 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
After my brother helped me clear my dept I decided not to borrow from them again. Those people go embarrass you with calls to your family and friends.
But awu don start again, God wetin man go sef

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Simdyofficial(f): 4:38pm On Oct 15, 2021
effort1:

And.does that justify reporting the loan defaulter to his contacts that were never part of the deal from the start?
if your brother offends you and still doesn't want to apologise, won't you alert your family members

Most of u guys quoting me can kill for 1k oo
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Chuksmonika(m): 4:38pm On Oct 15, 2021
Hanks0000:

Lcredit is the worst of them all... Thank God I'm alive to type this.. I contemplated suicide two months ago when I defaulted just 5k... Things was so tough...
Lcredit will embarrass the living day light out of someone if that person defaults. They may give you 2days of grace if they check your records and see you are a loyal customer who haven't defaulted before.

After that two days, just get ready for the worse embarrassment of your life. They will call your contacts and your ancestors join.

These are bunch of touts and hooligans operating loan company.

Thank God you don pay them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by collinometricx: 4:38pm On Oct 15, 2021
Pegi23:
I blame both parties tho. If u collect loan pls pay back when it is due do not extend it..for the loan company pls stop sending your stupid messages to their close contacts.

How is 7.2% of 150k 107k?

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by MeghaneMorgane(f): 4:38pm On Oct 15, 2021
Business in Nigeria sha. It can taya person. People who are owing should please go and pay
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by funshint(m): 4:40pm On Oct 15, 2021
One thing about the loan sharks is that most are designed to make you defaut:
1. Very high interest
2. Very short maturity
With these two factors, no matter how credit worthy you are, it's just a matter of time before you find yourself in serious debt because you'll keep borrowing from other loan apps in other to service their extraordinary high interests. It'll get to a point you won't be able to borrow from other apps because they'll decline your loan application due to your heavy loan commitment with other finance institutions. Then you get stuck! On the long run you'll have to choose between continuing to pay the heavy debts or survival. Most people will choose the latter when the loan burden starts to choke them. It is well!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by azikiweironsi(m): 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2021
effort1:

I just wonder. (Olu Jacobs) slangs came to mind.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Xbs1: 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2021
Chuksmonika:
Lcredit will embrace the living day light out of someone if that person defaults. They may give you 2days of grace if they check your records and see you are a loyal customer who haven't defaulted before.

After that two days, just get ready for the worse embarrassment of your life. They will call your contacts and your ancestors join.

These are bunch of touts and holigans operating loan company.

Thank God you don pay them.

I swear!!!! I sweard to myself that I will never take loan from any loan apps again.. Now And in the future... I start getting panic attacks at some point when I receive calls because of their calls and threats...
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Pegi23(f): 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
collinometricx:

How is 7.2% of 150k 107k?
it isn't but I think bank should be the safest place to collect loan or from families and friends
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by abbey621(m): 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
jaxxy:

I didn’t say they shouldn’t pay their loans. It’s irresponsible not to pay ur loans. I’m just saying give them better payment plans or Smtn than chasing them or embarrassing them.

Many of these people are bigger than the loans they are chasing them about for. They can do better.

Even amcon hasn’t arrested anyone for not repaying billions oo. undecided

What did these loans coy do for their many customers during the pandemic or post pandemic?

This type of mentality is why we are f*cked as a nation! Are all loan companies as big as Amcon? Some of these loan companies are not even worth 50 million Naira. The fact remains that they did not force anyone to collect loan, as a grown adult you are responsible for every contract/agreement that you signed, it is only in Nigeria that someone will borrow money and still blame the loan company for his or her own failure to pay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Chuksmonika(m): 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
Oldmansense:
To avoid been embarrassed, after taking your loan, go.to app.settings under settings. Select app setting a den look for app permissions and remove all permission assigned to the loan app. From that moment they will.notnbt able to. access your contact list to get your friends number. Or possibly delete the loan app from your phone after borrowing. I will be proud Nigerian
eh no dey work bro. Once you download their app and grant them access, your contacts and media files will be stored in their database.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by abbey621(m): 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2021
collinometricx:

have u tried the fintech?

I have no business with fintech, I am talking about loans in general. If you signed for a loan, you are usually vetted or verified using certain information including point of contacts/references. They use this in case they can't reach you later on, it is standard so I don't understand how you can claim it is illegal or inappopriate!
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by effort1: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
am suppose to report you to get banned for calling me and idiot but no.. I like to give it when kids like this try to show themselves.
Your mother is the idiot here for giving birth to you.. You accepted the terms and conditions- you hear what this companies do and still went ahead to collect the loan. Now to pay back you are giving excuses.. I pray your business see such then you can use your saliva to pay rents and feed your kwashiorkor kids. Fool

Those other people contacted, are they also part of the agreemen?! You fool?

The individual that requested for extension before due date nko? The extension was granted, yet they went ahead to call him fraudster. How does your dead sawdust brain explain that?

Can you now see that it is your father and mother that are idiots?
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by effort1: 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
if your brother offends you and still doesn't want to apologise, won't you alert your family members

Most of u guys quoting me can kill for 1k oo

Imagine the stupid way you reason! Go tell this to your parents and I'm sure they will regret the day they gave birth to a dumb fool like you.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by funshint(m): 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2021
Oldmansense:
To avoid been embarrassed, after taking your loan, go.to app.settings under settings. Select app setting a den look for app permissions and remove all permission assigned to the loan app. From that moment they will.notnbt able to.access your contact list to get your friends number. Or possibly delete the loan app from your phone after borrowing. I be proud Nigerian
Your information has already been spooled once you give them access even before borrowing. And it's already stored in their database, even if you later delete their app or remove their permissions it will be of no use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Simdyofficial(f): 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2021
effort1:

Those other people contacted, are they also part of the agreemen?! You fool?

The individual that requested for extension before due date nko? The extension was granted, yet they went ahead to call him fraudster. How does your dead sawdust brain explain that?

Can you now see that it is your father and mother that are idiots?
onigbese go and pay your debt. Stop making noise

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Otedola Visits Dangote's Fertilizer Plant (Photos, Video) / Terry Waya Celebrate His Birthday In His Mansion (Photos) / When Femi Otedola Was The Largest Owner Of Oil Tankers In Africa (Throwback Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.