Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Celtel Or Ibtc - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Celtel Or Ibtc (1892 Views)

Who Attended Stanbic Ibtc Test On Saturday? / Stanbic IBTC Recruitment 2015 / IBTC Chartered Bank Is Recruiting! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celtel Or Ibtc by arochy247: 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2007
I got celtel job 1 month ago,though i started with them as a contract staff.Just this month i got an offer from IBTC.Pls,
i welcome advice from the house.presently,the pay of IBTC is slightly above that of celtel.
But the celtel job is not really challenging as i learn little new thing on the job.
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by dammyllola(f): 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2007
hi dear i would recommend that you went for a job that will equip you mentally and give you challenges. that way you have the necessary skills. however i give this advise only if you intend to build a career in financial industry. if not then you would be in hot pepper soup before you know it. it really isnt all about the money you know.
take care smiley
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by chii: 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2007
Well, it depends on the department you are in celtel and the department you will be in Ibtc.If you are in call centre, i know of somebody there that is complaining of no career growth and almost no promotion.But if it is the business development, finance,marketing or engineering, i think its worth it cos the stress wont be as that of a bank and the career growth is sure.
On the other hand, IBTC is also a multinational considering the fact that they would be merging with stanbic, training opportunities is great,both within and outside the country, great salary, and good career growth especially if you want a career in the financial services.
So dear, u can weigh the two and decide.Goodluck and remember to share the money wen it starts coming wink
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by arochy247: 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2007
i just got a call from zenith now asking me to come pick up my letter this evening or tomorow morning.

This even make me more confused.Anyway,thanks to those who have so far advised me.

However i welcome more contribution from the house.
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by Seun(m): 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2007
You need to be specific about the kind of job you've been offered by the 3 employers. Otherwise, we can't help.
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by arochy247: 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2007
i am in finance at celtel,i have not gotten my posting letter from the two other employees.

But seun why did you sound so hostile.
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by SOJ(m): 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2007
i would say u take the IBTC offer.I heard their prospects are good in the banking industry and better pay too,esp entry level.If u r in contract staffing in celtel,u might not get confirmed o.its ur choice sha.moving to IBTC would however boost ur cv cos u can state there dat u have worked in celtel before moving to IBTC.what do u think?
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by topeorekoy(m): 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2007
I'll advise u go to IBTC. i work withe IBTC pension fund, wont lie to u, it is an environment u'll want to work dont really know if the banking section is like the pension fund but i guess it is the same. we even call our MD by name, no one to bully u up and down like so other banks. everyone calls eachother by name and there is so much room for u to relate with anyone freely. the first time i walked into the MD'S office and knocked, the P.A was just laughing and the MD himself told me that they dont knock here. its an open door policy.

think ibtc
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by awa(m): 6:18pm On Jul 24, 2007
Dear,
It could have been much easier if not more objective to advise you if you had detail your current post and the one you are anticipating. Meanwhile, I think it could do you great favour if you could take time to remind yourself where you are heading to. What area of human endeavour do you want to build career in. Money is not the only factor to be considered while taking up a job. Think of the comfort associated with the said job, growth and prospect therein. Please never forget to ask God to guide you in this regards. I wish you the best man.
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by ladiesluv4(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2007
[color=#000099][/color][size=8pt][/size] smiley
am happy 4u,am presntly working with ibtc kano branch,its a good place 2work, i leave office early and leave home around 7:15 in d morning, i started working with ibtc since december last year and ever since its a good experience, today i left office around after 5 am presently browsing, make a wise choice, and to does still looking 4 a job, God will soon and surely give u ur dream job
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by Aussie(m): 6:50am On Jul 25, 2007
hey guyz,
what does it take to secure employment in Ibtc or its Pension fund subsidiary? I am an HND graduate with DISTINCTION, to the glory of God. Please, i need advice and contribution. I am currently with a bank on contract basis.

Any useful info as to how to progress in my career is welcomed.

Love u all for the agape love for one another.

Waiting for response,
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by stswimfan(m): 11:10am On Jul 25, 2007
basically a good job is any job that u enjoy doing and gives you the good pay. make ur decision
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by geebees: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2007
I would suggest u join up with IBTC. There is no doubt that their hopeful merger with stanbic will be a huge sucess for them and if u are there u can be sure of a good career growth.

U shouldn't even be in celtel when its just a contract job.

Then as regards to Zenith. i would prefer u be in IBTC personally though Zenith is also one of the biggest bank in Nigeria.

The onus is on u to make the final choice out of the two because celtel is not an option.

Congrats.
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by uchetobi(f): 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2007
Since you complain about challenges etc at celtel and you are also a contract staff. I’l advice you to go to IBTC. You will be more poised to develop yourself there than Zenith
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by kuwena(m): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2007
I do not think Seun sounded hostile at all, my dear. wink Anyway, if you really love the world of deals and bargains; of opening accounts and working through mazes of figures meaning vaults full of money, go the way of banking (IBTC preferrably; how I wish you got Intercontinental, which to me is the best bank to work in, though this is a personal opinion). But iF banks do not fascinate you, and your area of study in school does not point that way, go for Celtel. Above all, pray and fast for Yahweh's direction. He may reveal in a dream or in a trance, or through signs what He wants you to do.

And, my brother and friend, let me say: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! cheesy
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by kpolongo(f): 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2007
my dear two industries you have your job offers are really good.
but I would like you to consider your bottom line as it applies to these jobs personally.
You have a job as a contract staff in celltel i don't consider it fascinating because you don't have sense of belonging and responsibilty on your job.
I understand your agility as someone who is new on the job because it will get to a point where you'll appreciate my point of view.
If any bank is offering you opportunity as a staff i think you are better off, as far as am concern you don't ave a job as a contract staff am sure this is your first experice even in the oil industry where contract staff are well paid it's not fun!!!
PLEASE WEIGH YOUR OPTIONS GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by Lagoseko(m): 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2007
It depends not only on salary but place of living.If you dont want to leave where you reside can you opt for Ibtc if you are posted outyside Lagos assumiong you are living in Lagos.If yes go for Ibtc if not stay where you are.The choice is yours.
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by ehie007(m): 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2007
Guy u better chosse IBTC cos
1. Beeing a contract staff is not a good thing at all. Its a stigma to any fresh graduate cos if u were to leave there to another place u will start from start again. and it takes a while before u are converted in Celtel.
2. IBTC is merging with stanbic, and u are employed as a full staff, is has more potentials than CELTEL in terms of career movement wise.

Please abeg move to IBTC so long they are given u a full staff employment.

Contract staff is hell.
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by arochy247: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2007
I want to say thank you to all concerned nairalander.

I have finally resolved to pick the IBTC offer.

My decision is based on widely soughted advice

from different quarters.Thanks.
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by arochy247: 11:55am On Jul 26, 2007
I want to say thank you to all concerned nairalander.

Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by uchetobi(f): 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2007
congrats. I wish you all the best then
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by arochy247: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2007
Uche,thanks alot for your encouragement.
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by uchetobi(f): 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2007
You are welcome.
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2007
arochy247:

I want to say thank you to all concerned Nairaland user.

well i hope u really had a good advicer, cos this is a critical decision u have to take

i am in celtel although i am in technical /engineering i beleive celtel have got the career path for me, i dont knwo the path for u guys in finance but check down the line in a few years time would u be happy u have taken this decision

well if u are sure u would be happy then i say congrats to u on ur new job, we sure have lost another genius

take care
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by Ekwere(m): 9:56pm On Jul 26, 2007
Arochy,let me tell u something,it is not how well a company may look outside or how well paid they are,commit all to God and he will lead u through safely to the best place.U cannot really tell if Celtel or IBTC or Zenith will be the best in the future.COMMIT IT TO GOD N I BET U, WILL NEVER REGRET IT.GOOD LUCK
Re: Celtel Or Ibtc by aikmamah1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2007
na wa ooo some people dey get confused onto say they have 3 job offer and do not know which to pick while others dey waka all tru the steet of Nigeria without any and with little or no hope of even getting 1. na wa for this God oooo

(i am not trying to change the trend, the guy have already made a decision, i am only thinking aloud grin )

(1) (Reply)

Job Opportunity / Nema Pay Package? / Vacancy For Nysc 2011 Batch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.