Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria (2462 Views)

Oba Of Bini Paying Homage In Nri Kingdom In 1913 / Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style / Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by walefresh3(m): 9:41am On Oct 17, 2021
Tomek09:

IGBO.
SouthEast—98.8% indigenous Igbo tribe
SouthSouth—55% Indigenous Igbo speaking population.
SouthWest—Appreciable population of Igbos in Lagos, Oyo, Akure and Ogun State.
North(West, East and Central)—Igbos in the 3 regions of North are too many to write off.

YORUBA
SouthWest—99.5% Indigenous Yoruba tribe.
SouthEast—0.8% population of Yoruba extraction.
SouthSouth—1.06% of Yoruba native.
North(West, East and Central)—21% of Yorubas mainly in NC and about 3% in NW and NE respectively.

HAUSA-FULANI
NorthWest—91.6% indigenous Hausa tribe with about 6.3% Fulani making up the population in this region.
NorthEast—75% indigenous native of Hausa–Fulani extraction. Many minority tribes are found in this NorthEast but unfortunately they've lost their language or about to lose their language to dominant Hausa which is like a lingua franca(generally accepted) adopted in the whole North.
NorthCentral—Hausa-Fulani population here is not up to 30% with many minority tribes existing in the 6 States of NC with Nupe, Igala, TIV and Idoma dominating Niger, Kogi and Benue respectively.
SouthEast— 0.9% Hausa-Fulani exists in SE with about 1.4% found within the shores of SouthSouth.
SouthWest—Appreciable number of Hausa/Fulani are found indigenous to SouthWest having lost their language to Yoruba dominant language.

So, without mincing words and being biased...... anyone can easily give a rough estimate or near accuracy about Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba population.
liar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by Tomek09(m): 10:35am On Oct 17, 2021
walefresh3:
liar
U can believe whatever you want. I don't owe you any further explanation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by Tomek09(m): 10:37am On Oct 17, 2021
IkpuMmadu:
Okun and Jebba don't identify as Yoruba
At all.

1 Like

Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by walefresh3(m): 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2021
Tomek09:

U can believe whatever you want. I don't owe you any further explanation.
Cause u lack knowledge about what u are saying....
I went there for historical research... So I know what am saying here...maybe want short story to back up my claim ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by walefresh3(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2021
Tomek09:

At all.
u say ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by RedboneSmith(m): 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
Abohboy:

So the British reporting of Ijebu traders in Igbo land wasn't real?

There are no records of the British meeting Ijebu traders who got to Igboland on their own prior to colonialism. If you have such records feel free to share.

Ijebu traders like I. T. Palmer reached Igboland late in the 19th century, but that was after the British had already gotten there, and I. T Palmer was himself an agent of the Brits.

2 Likes

Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by KingOKON: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
walefresh3:
Yoruba is the largest tribe in Nigeria... Covered 20% population of north central of Nigerian...

Yet Fulani de show Yorubas pepper with their smaller population
Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by LILTJAY: 1:25am On Oct 19, 2021
KingOKON:

what of your own tribe? Them nor dey show you pepper too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by KingOKON: 5:35am On Oct 19, 2021
LILTJAY:
what of your own tribe? Them nor dey show you pepper too?

Your population triple theirs while mine is lesser yet una de make noise
Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by walefresh3(m): 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2021
KingOKON:

no Fulani is showing anything...it is because of Buhari in power...when another tribe take over from him. U won't hear from them again ... Fact

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by Emilokoiyawon: 12:59am On Oct 20, 2021
Tomek09:
[s][/s]
How's Yoruba the largest? Larger than Igbo and Hausa-Fulani? I laugh you in Buhari's language(Fulfude). Despite Yoruba muslims having multiple wives and all that, ur population can't possibly be more than Igbo presently if we are do an exact, concise, accurate and precised head count of each tribe. Let me not talk about Hausa-Fulani people.

Yoruba Nigerian population is more than Igbo.
Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by Emilokoiyawon: 1:00am On Oct 20, 2021
Tomek09:

[s]IGBO.
North(West, East and Central)—Igbos in the 3 regions of North are too many to write off.

YORUBA
North(West, East and Central)—21% of Yorubas mainly in NC and about 3% in NW and NE respectively.

HAUSA-FULANI
NorthWest—91.6% indigenous Hausa tribe with about 6.3% Fulani making up the population in this region.
NorthEast—75% indigenous native of Hausa–Fulani extraction. Many minority tribes are found in this NorthEast but unfortunately they've lost their language or about to lose their language to dominant Hausa which is like a lingua franca(generally accepted) adopted in the whole North.
NorthCentral—Hausa-Fulani population here is not up to 30% with many minority tribes existing in the 6 States of NC with Nupe, Igala, TIV and Idoma dominating Niger, Kogi and Benue respectively.
SouthEast— 0.9% Hausa-Fulani exists in SE with about 1.4% found within the shores of SouthSouth.
SouthWest—Appreciable number of Hausa/Fulani are found indigenous to SouthWest having lost their language to Yoruba dominant language.

So, without mincing words and being biased...... anyone can easily give a rough estimate or near accuracy about Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba population.[/s]

Aba made statistics pulled from your yanch
Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by Emilokoiyawon: 1:01am On Oct 20, 2021
IkpuMmadu:
Okun and Jebba don't identify as Yoruba

Yes, we know. They identify as yaminrin.
Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by KingOKON: 5:40pm On Oct 20, 2021
Tomek09:

IGBO.

YORUBA

HAUSA-FULANI

So, without mincing words and being biased...... anyone can easily give a rough estimate or near accuracy about Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba population.

What manner of cheap weed do you smoke?

1 Like

Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by EmekaA125(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

Yoruba Nigerian population is more than Igbo.
Iffa slap you eeeh. How do you measure population? Are you counting millions of Igbos doing business in Lagos, Ogun and other part of SW as Yorubas too?? I don't just understand.
Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by Emilokoiyawon: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
EmekaA125:

Iffa slap you eeeh. How do you measure population? Are you counting millions of Igbos doing business in Lagos, Ogun and other part of SW as Yorubas too?? I don't just understand.

Yes, millions of Igbos in SW because SE is mostly empty. FACTS.

Go and slap your 0l0sho mother.
Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by EmekaA125(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

Yes, millions of Igbos in SW because SE is mostly empty. FACTS.

Go and slap your 0l0sho mother.
Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
OAM4J
Dominique
Justwise

Rule 2.
Re: History Of Jebba.. Yoruba Kingdom In The North Central Nigeria by Emilokoiyawon: 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
EmekaA125:

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
OAM4J
Dominique
Justwise

Rule 2.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whats Your Favourite Jamaican Dish? / Super Bright All In One Integrated Motion Sensor Led Solar Street Light In Niger / Not Able To Speak My Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.