Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,262 members, 7,846,224 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Which Person's Name Will You Adopt For Your Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Person's Name Will You Adopt For Your Child (445 Views)

Will You Adopt Him? / Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? / Which Person Best Defines You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Person's Name Will You Adopt For Your Child by bottlewater1(m): 9:02am On Oct 16, 2021
When a woman give / gave birth many families have the habit of giving plenty names to the new born baby.
After the naming ceremony which name will you / did you choose as the main one which the child will bear, is it the one from you the mother or the father of the child or your own father or the father of your husband, you can specify yours if it is not on the list I mentioned. Thanks

Modified:

Why I asked is what it someone force you as the father to use the name he or she give?
Re: Which Person's Name Will You Adopt For Your Child by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 16, 2021
the wife's father of cause to honour them
Re: Which Person's Name Will You Adopt For Your Child by PlayMaker14: 9:14am On Oct 16, 2021
I will name my child by myself... And that's going to be the child's name, any other names giving to the child by both families is just “Pet Name”

3 Likes

Re: Which Person's Name Will You Adopt For Your Child by Sonnobax15(m): 9:16am On Oct 16, 2021
lipsrsealed
Normally,if na house wey peace and love dey, regardless of whether na the papa or the mama dey give pikin name no dey be Problem so long say na better name wey get better meaning...
Personally cha,it could come from my wife, myself,my father or mother in-law,it doesn't really matter to me undecided
Re: Which Person's Name Will You Adopt For Your Child by Kestolove(m): 9:40am On Oct 16, 2021
D only reason I want to give birth is to name he or she after my mum
Re: Which Person's Name Will You Adopt For Your Child by Oluromantic: 10:07am On Oct 16, 2021
The person with the best authority to name a child are the parents. All those other family members na midfielders
Re: Which Person's Name Will You Adopt For Your Child by Teleprompter(f): 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2021
In Yoruba culture, the father of the child gives the first name . Where there is love, any name can be adopted.
I know someone who wanted to give her child an English name and because she has so much hold on her husband, she imposed it but this was very weird to the husband's family and they kept calling the child their own traditional name and put it to their son that they knew the name was not ok by him either.
A family where everyone has strong Yoruba names and the mother chose to name her son Clinton is amusing but not illegal.
Re: Which Person's Name Will You Adopt For Your Child by greenie77: 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2021
Most times, it is culture- dependent.
Re: Which Person's Name Will You Adopt For Your Child by 1F30M4(f): 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2021
Force me ke?!
Re: Which Person's Name Will You Adopt For Your Child by ImaIma1(f): 12:54am On Oct 17, 2021
I usually ask my husband for a name. For our first, he liked the name I chose and we adopted it. Our second, he gave me 3 names to pick from and I coincidentally picked the one he liked most.

The names parents/family give come after.

(1) (Reply)

NELO OKEKE In The Building!!! | My Christmas Just Begun! #villagechristmas / I'm Pregnant But I Don't Know The Essentials To Get Purchase Ahead Of The Big Da / Your Advice Is Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.