Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Police Harassing Innocent Civilian - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Harassing Innocent Civilian (457 Views)

SARS Operatives Seen Harassing Man Who Stepped Out To Eat At An Eatery / Soldier Barbing A Civilian’s Hair Against His Wish In Egbeda, Lagos / A Civilian Fighting A Soldier In Mushin, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Harassing Innocent Civilian by Jerrick(m): 10:34am On Oct 16, 2021
This is the closest I could get to recording this video. We did absolutely nothing wrong to deserve this treatment. Police stopped us for their normal stop-and-search and they asked for the driver’s license which was produced to them. They asked for our papers( car’s document ) and in the course of trying to open the car’s safe, they slapped one of my friends and that is where the problem started. We had to place a call to my Dad before they start labeling us fraudster because he is the car owner. My Dad arrived the scene and he was trying to have a gentle man conversation with them but his visit was greeted with harassment. They tore his clothe and embarrassed him and were even threatening to beat him up. My friend is currently been locked up in their station as I type. Here’s a video evidence of the scenario. Pls pardon my typos. The DPO’s name is Odunewu Fatai and he’s the tallest amongst them. This happened at Offa, Kwara State. I hope the appropriate authority sees this and take appropriate step

Front page please
@Mynd44

Re: Police Harassing Innocent Civilian by UncompletedBuil: 10:38am On Oct 16, 2021
shocked

It's a pity you guys went through all that... I think it's because you probably don't know any senior officer in the Police hierarchy.

I pity any Police man wey go try that nonsense with me again.

The last one who tried it last two years in Anambra State, pleaded until he began answering me Sir! Sir!! Sir!!!

The poor masses have suffered in the hands of these people...

1 Like

Re: Police Harassing Innocent Civilian by DarkCaesar(m): 10:40am On Oct 16, 2021
Citizens taking law into their hands is what Nigeria actually needs at this point in her life
Re: Police Harassing Innocent Civilian by Jerrick(m): 10:45am On Oct 16, 2021
DarkCaesar:
Citizens taking law into their hands is what Nigeria actually needs at this point in her life
You said my mind. Many innocent lives have been lost due to unnecessary police harassment and they will just get away with it…

1 Like

Re: Police Harassing Innocent Civilian by Baawaa(m): 11:07am On Oct 16, 2021
R

(1) (Reply)

Pray For Futminna / Pregnant Woman Beaten To Death By Her Husband / Two Arrested For Killing Lagos Socialite Over Chieftaincy Tussle (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.