Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him (28095 Views)

Two Car Thieves Apprehended In Anambra (Photos) / New Tricks Used By Car Thieves Exposed By EFCC / See What Is Left Of A Toyota Corolla Vandalized By Car Thieves In Broad Daylight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by Mynd44: 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2021
My friend who does Bolt told me how he picked up two guys for a trip somewhere in Ibadan. Just as the car moved, the one at the back spoke in Hausa while the one in front responded in Yoruba then the one in front pleaded to smoke while insisting that the windows must be wind up
My friend insisted at first but then agreed when he assured him that it was ‘smokeless.’ The guy lit up the stuff & smoked. After a while, my friend’s eyes became discomforting for him and immediately parked and requested to end the trip. These guys pleaded and offered extra tip.

Because the spot he parked wasn’t populated, he drove on to a spot where there was a large crowd who could run to his aide in case of an ambush then insisted that they get off his car. They kept pestering him with higher tip, but baba insisted that he was done for the day.

They sha calmed my friend down and agreed to alight only if he drives a bit further away from the crowded location so they could use an ATM. Luckily, there was an ATM across d road, but the guy insisted that he can’t use that particular bank’s ATM, that he should drive further.

They tried to turn it to fight and refused to pay; my friend told them to keep the money. One of them then alighted to withdraw the cash, paid for the trip and offered even higher tip this time while flaunting the money he had withdrawn. My guy sha insisted that he won’t move. an inch from the spot he was unless they alight his car. They finally did and my guy went home.

Homeboy said he slept off the second he got home and for the next three days, he was sick, barely did nothing all day but to sleep.

It was at that point he realized that whatever the
passenger smoked was a local sedative meant to knock him out. It explains why they insisted to smoke with the glass wind up.
If he had agreed to take the extra cash, he’d have lost his car by now, or worse, kidnapped.

Be vigilant out there; folks are desperate and wild!!
Imagine …

Funnily, it’s so easy to point out errors when you’re not the victim. Las las sha, nobody is above mistake.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1449305176964218880.html

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by ATEAMS: 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
No be small thing

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by pocohantas(f): 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bolt?

Bolt is for hoodlum drivers and riders.

Maybe they would have dumped him somewhere and taken his Corolla.

But how come whatever they were smoking didn’t affect them? Abi them take the antidote?

Make all these Bolt fans no quote me with their aggression abeg.

Every bad thing happens inside Bolt.
Driver beats rider? Na Bolt
Rider refuses to pay? Bolt
Driver inflates cost of trip? Bolt
Driver clicks arrive before getting to you? Bolt
Rider gives you weed and loud to hide for am? Bolt!

People wey no dey use Bolt get at least 80% rest of mind. grin

corbanstevee:
I am a driver and this happens to me .

These two occasions are the craziest I’ve seen and I suspect a case of car snatchers making a move at me…. On bolt o…

Most definitely and most likely BOLT. lipsrsealed

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by JayTripz(m): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2021
Ah
Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by iamphilips(m): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2021
Omo
Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by Bishop7170: 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2021
FT[color=#006600][/color]c one day.
Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by house10s: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
so the guy behind didnt inhale, d one who smoke didn't inhale.

bros abeg shift with ur dumb story

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by twilliamx(m): 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by Opexzy: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
This country is just dey anyhow...
Everything is working against the common man... The greatest of these errors is that even poor man is working against poor man...

9 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by Victorking101(m): 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
Nawa o, boys dey para this days oo..
Na different format dem dey bring up everyday
Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by agbari1: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
A smart driver

8 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by Cokahot: 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2021
Ganja ain't hard to neutralise, ganja clients on every side,ibadan a city that's hard to survive

Dom doo. Doom. Doom
Tunarnar nini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mt2aTfuzZ4&list=RD9mt2aTfuzZ4&start_radio=1

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by Skoonheid(f): 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2021
pocohantas:
Bolt?

Get some sense bitch

37 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by Gkemz: 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2021
The hustle is very risky. Many drivers have gone six feet beyond as a result of charter or drop. You may be carrying wanted armed robbers and by such makes you an accomplice when they are caught. What about carrying ritualists, as December is fast approaching and many may want to get involved in all manner evil to make money.
I know about a driver that went missing after he got an offer to convey passenger. Ever since then has not been seen. The fact that people are missing everyday unreported.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by medexico(m): 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2021
I don dey fear to do bolt now o

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by SportsHD: 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bolt and Uber and others are the same. Uber chronicles also dey. Make God just dey save us.
It's dumb to start harnessing your crowd mentality that bolt is bad.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by eeithis(m): 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2021
If not to be killed.... My guy was a bike man he got killed and his bike stolen....

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by yusluvad(m): 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2021
The guy try. It's not easy hustling in this jungle...

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by WhatCanIsay(m): 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
pocohantas:
Bolt?

Maybe they would have dumped him somewhere and take his Corolla.

But how come whatever they were smoking didn’t affect them? Abi them take the antidote?

Hmm see summation.

A very good friend of mine, a lecturer uses his car for Bolt in the East, I never knew he might have been a hoodlum.

Anytime I needed a cab, I use bolt, maybe my hoodlumness never manifest, it's still getting watered to germinate.

I said it before, we have a lot of unintelligent literates on this beautiful forum.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by stag: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
Except they had gas masks or an antidote, your friend may have been paranoid.

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by DavidKajo94(m): 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2021
So how did he drive home without sleeping off then?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by Ifyzidane: 4:57pm On Oct 16, 2021
The following rules are well observed. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by FlipModeSquade(m): 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2021
house10s:
so the guy behind didnt inhale, d one who smoke didn't inhale.

bros abeg shift with ur dumb story
Ever heard of ANTIDOTES? undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by FlipModeSquade(m): 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2021
stag:
Except they had gas masks or an antidote, your friend may have been paranoid.
So why the drama?

And why the insistence on locked windows?

And if they are professional criminals,they should know the antidote to whatever it is they want to sedate him with..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2021
DavidKajo94:
So how did he drive home without sleeping off then?
Adrenaline..

Ever heard of it?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by googlepikins: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2021
pocohantas:
Bolt?

Maybe they would have dumped him somewhere and taken his Corolla.

Make all these Bolt fans no quote me with their aggression abeg. People wey no dey use Bolt get 80% rest of mind.

Calm down mumuu, it could be Uber or any other company

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2021
I know criminals target Corolla because of its high value in Nigeria, so I am not surprised one bit.

Anyone driving Uber/Bolt etc should note that there are people who try to steal cars and never be too greedy to work in the midnight, cos that's when these criminals operate; a working time from 6am to 9pm max is enough to avoid stories that touch.

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by ExtremeDot: 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
Woh!

Dude was lucky. The street is military. Dog deh eat Dog now.
Re: Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him by house10s: 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Ever heard of ANTIDOTES? undecided
we hear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested In India With 600 Grams Of Heroin Shaped As Eggs / Woman Accused Of Faking Madness, Apprehended With Money, Phones, ATM Cards / Bishop Sylvester Asobo Declared Missing By Family (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.