Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

What Can I Learn To Teach? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Can I Learn To Teach? (809 Views)

Which Digital Skill Should I Learn In 2022 To Get Financial Freedom? / I Want To Teach You How I Make Money From Telecoms To Buy Range Rover / Am Ready To Teach You How You Can Make $5 Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Learn To Teach? by fubbyy(m): 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2021
my mother was a teacher (may her soul keep resting). our first daughter was a teacher before marriage,our second daughter was (now owns a primary school).

The teaching thing runs in our lineage, I've been trying to avoid it, even though i love it but because the pay is too small, so i refused to take up the teaching work. during my NYSC i dodged it by convincing the principal where i was posted to reject me.

fast-forward to this day, I've been struggling in life to find my feet.Last week i went to a church program at nnewi (anambra state). during the ministrations, the man of God called me out and asked me what am I doing inside a class room.

i Knew where the spirit of God was driving him to, but i told him i didn't know what he was saying. He said he saw me inside a class teaching people, that teaching is my calling, that i should go into teaching (he didn't know my family is)

But he said something that strikes my nerves, something that Is interesting, something that made me to open this thread.

he said that my teaching mustn't be in school. He said that whatever i decided to teach will work, as long as it's teaching. That i should learn anything of my choice and start teaching it.

Since Wednesday last week, I've browsed about many things and see there are many things to teach but I'm a bit confused.

So I bring it up here for advice. What should i learn to teach? i Need something that people actually wants to learn.

I based in Uyo
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by lilvicky68(m): 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2021
You know what you are good at..

Teach on that..
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by fubbyy(m): 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2021
somebody suggested computer lesson, how is it?
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by fubbyy(m): 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2021
lilvicky68:
You know what you are good at..

Teach on that..
The prophecy is that whatever i learn, people will come to learn it, it's not about being so good on it

i just need what people are crazy about, what people are rushing to learn
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by WoundedLamb: 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
May the God that has decided you must be a teacher reveal to you what to teach.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by samwash(m): 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
@Op, first thing first, go & start with Sunday school teacher or children teacher in your church if you are Christian, likewise if you are a Muslim.
They are various channels to teach from or maybe you want to take it as a carrier.
There's an inner peace, joy & fulfillment that comes from teaching if you have passion for it.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by Ayo081(m): 9:03pm On Oct 18, 2021
fubbyy:
somebody suggested computer lesson, how is it?

You can look into parts of ICT you can teach. For example maybe intro to programming. Very importantly consider the future. I mean would people still pay to learn whatever you want to start teaching today in the next 10 years?
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by lastchild: 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
i know that teaching runs in some people's family, i know a family where everyone is a teacher, from father to mother, uncle and children

@ op... ask God for revelations
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by drake99: 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2021
i would've asked you to learn programming, but people in it now are frustrated
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by fubbyy(m): 9:29pm On Oct 18, 2021
samwash:
@Op, first thing first, go & start with Sunday school teacher or children teacher in your church if you are Christian, likewise if you are a Muslim.
They are various channels to teach from or maybe you want to take it as a carrier.
There's an inner peace, joy & fulfillment that comes from teaching if you have passion for it.
we talking about career
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by fubbyy(m): 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ayo081:

You can look into parts of ICT you can teach. For example maybe intro to programming. Very importantly consider the future. I mean would people still pay to learn whatever you want to start teaching today in the next 10 years?
very good insight from you.

I'm thinking about it, what is that thing that'll always be here to learn by people, and the only thing I see is waec and jamb class

1 Like

Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by MrPresent(m): 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
fubbyy:
my mother was a teacher (may her soul keep resting). our first daughter was a teacher before marriage,our second daughter was (now owns a primary school).

The teaching thing runs in our lineage, I've been trying to avoid it, even though i love it but because the pay is too small, so i refused to take up the teaching work. during my NYSC i dodged it by convincing the principal where i was posted to reject me.

fast-forward to this day, I've been struggling in life to find my feet.Last week i went to a church program at nnewi (anambra state). during the ministrations, the man of God called me out and asked me what am I doing inside a class room.

i Knew where the spirit of God was driving him to, but i told him i didn't know what he was saying. He said he saw me inside a class teaching people, that teaching is my calling, that i should go into teaching (he didn't know my family is)

But he said something that strikes my nerves, something that Is interesting, something that made me to open this thread.

he said that my teaching mustn't be in school. He said that whatever i decided to teach will work, as long as it's teaching. That i should learn anything of my choice and start teaching it, that i shouldn't invest on that which i wants to teach, that I should only teach people on it because doing it as a career will fail me but teaching it won't

Since Wednesday last week, I've browsed about many things and see there are many things to teach but I'm a bit confused.

So I bring it up here for advice. What should i learn to teach? i Need something that people actually wants to learn.

I based in Uyo

I didn't get the Bolded. Kindly rephrase that sentence of yours for me.

To be honest, Im also good in teaching. I started teaching when I was 5 to 6 yrs old as funny as it sounds. When I come back from primary school, I will go to our back yard and be acting like a teacher. I will carry stick as cane and take the chalk I stole from my class and be writing on our backyard wall abdbe teaching imaginary pupils.

Sometimes I use the grasses as my students. P.S: my mum is a teacher. I would teach Maths and English and write on the wall. I will be flogging the grasses even grin grin grin

My mum would say that I will be a teacher. Our Neighbors kept on saying the same thing.
I grew up enjoying teaching. When I was 8 yrs old, I learnt how to prepare broadsheet, prepare marks book, report card and obviously mark scripts. My handwriting with red biro was too notch.

I learnt this on my own. The day my mum who is a teacher discovered I could do all that at that age, she stated screaming saying I've learnt at a young age what some teachers who studied Education could not do atall.
It all came natural to me.

In the University, I didn't study Education but during my NYSC, I was posted to a school. I became the most popular and most loved teacher there in just a week despite that we were two corpers posted there.

The second school I was reposted to (had to leave the first school due to jealousy from other teachers) I became the teacher who not just teachers but INSPIRES learning in the students. It's two years after my NYSC and the entire students of my second school are all following me on Social Media. Even their parents and the Bishop are also following me.

When I was leaving, the students were shedding tears. It was so shocking but hey, when u are called to do something, u will do it different from others.

But you know one thing, right now, I am not teaching. Why? The pay is too LOW. How much are secondary schools paying teachers these days? That's just why I don't want to teach.

My advice, be sure of what u want to do.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by fubbyy(m): 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
WoundedLamb:
May the God that has decided you must be a teacher reveal to you what to teach.
Amen
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by fubbyy(m): 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2021
MrPresent:

To be honest, Im also good in teaching. I started teaching when I was 5 to 6 yrs old as funny as it sounds. When I come back from primary school, I will go to our back yard and be acting like a teacher. I will carry stick as cane and take the chalk I stole from my class and be writing on our backyard wall abdbe teaching imaginary pupils.

Sometimes I use the grasses as my students. P.S: my mum is a teacher. I would teach Maths and English and write on the wall. I will be flogging the grasses even grin grin grin

My mum would say that I will be a teacher. Our Neighbors kept on saying the same thing.
I grew up enjoying teaching. When I was 8 yrs old, I learnt how to prepare broadsheet, prepare marks book, report card and obviously mark scripts. My handwriting with red biro was too notch.

I learnt this on my own. The day my mum who is a teacher discovered I could do all that at that age, she stated screaming saying I've learnt at a young age what some teachers who studied Education could not do atall.

what i meant on the bolded is this , for example, if i should teach people on music production, that i shouldn't open a studio to become a music producer myself , rather, i should be teaching people who wants to open studio to be a producer
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by fubbyy(m): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
lastchild:
i know that teaching runs in some people's family, i know a family where everyone is a teacher, from father to mother, uncle and children

@ op... ask God for revelations
thanks
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by fubbyy(m): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
i need more comments on this
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by MrPresent(m): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
fubbyy:
what i meant on the bolded is this , for example, if i should teach people on music production, that i shouldn't open a studio to become a music producer myself , rather, i should be teaching people who wants to open studio to be a producer

Alright. Ask God to reveal his plan for your life. Becos somebody says something about your life doesn't mean it is true. A bricklayer told me his prophet said he saw him as a bricklayer and he should go into it. He went into it and is a bricklayer struggling to make ends meet. Ask me, how much are bricklayers been paid

The Bible says we should test the spirit to know if the spirit talking is from the voice of God.

In plain terms, just ask GOD to reveal ur future to you and what he wants u to do.

Also, go back to my first post to read the concluding story of my teaching calling grin

1 Like

Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by Pojomojo: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2021
Mark Zuckerberg is 33yrs old and has only one business; Facebook- launched in Feb 2004.
Aliko Dangote is 60yrs old, has a business empire, been in business for over 40years

In 2012, Dangote was named the 43rd richest man in the world (Forbes) while Mark was 66th; but in 2017, Mark became the 5th richest person while Dangote dropped to 105th position.

Mark Zuckerberg achieved more globally in 6yrs than Dangote has done in 40yrs.

The Reason?
Dangote started his business in the Industrial age which requires physical strength to succeed while Mark started his business in the Information Age which requires information and Knowledge.

You need new keys to open new doors old keys won't work.
Don't get stuck.

Strategy is better than energy. If you lack strategy, tragedy is Inevitable.
Go for Strategy this Year.

Embrace change....Embrace Cryptocurrency

Its all about PEACEFUL WEALTH.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by Kingkyle1(m): 10:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
drake99:
i would've asked you to learn programming, but people in it now are frustrated

Frustrated as in how?
Elaborate
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by samwash(m): 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
fubbyy:
we talking about career

You kwn what to do, irrespective of what you read in the higher institution, you can always convert to the teaching path.
You can start from your immediate environment, like the church, mosque or organising a lectures for children around you, while doing this, it will boost your confidence & moral while upgrading your certificate for greater path.
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by Ademat7(m): 5:22am On Oct 19, 2021
MrPresent:

In the University, I didn't study Education but during my NYSC, I was posted to a school. I became the most popular and most loved teacher there in just a week despite that we were two corpers posted there.

The second school I was reposted to (had to leave the first school due to jealousy from other teachers) I became the teacher who not just teachers but INSPIRES learning in the students. It's two years after my NYSC and the entire students of my second school are all following me on Social Media. Even their parents and the Bishop are also following me.

When I was leaving, the students were shedding tears. It was so shocking but hey, when u are called to do something, u will do it different from others.

But you know one thing, right now, I am not teaching. Why? The pay is too LOW. How much are secondary schools paying teachers these days? That's just why I don't want to teach.

My advice, be sure of what u want to do.

So what are you into at the moment since you've left teaching?
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by yuyaasales(f): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
fubbyy:

he said that my teaching mustn't be in school. He said that whatever i decided to teach will work, as long as it's teaching. That i should learn anything of my choice and start teaching it.

I based in Uyo

was searching through google for something and coincidentally bumped into your threads from 2014, I practically checked all your contents and the patterns and I honestly I broke down and felt extremely emotional, you have truly gone through a lot...
as I was reading your write-ups trying to observe your personality and how you process things, I got to understand something that was missing... Patience, inwards observation, and the lack of understanding everything and lessons that GOD Has thrown at you.
I saw you go to different pastors, fasting, mountains, etc but looking at the thread,I wasn't seeing a mind growth; it was about the same tone, little or nothing changed.
Trust me I have had it rough too, I still do. was even recently depressed but there's something that I think every human being or every Christian should have "DISCERNMENT OR ATTENTIVENESS"...
Sometimes it gets tough and you may be thrown off balance but you need to be aware and believe that you are enough to get through any sort of bondage...
Open your mind to every possibility, also aside from the fasting and pastors, etc, make a prayer a routine like mornings and night whether you are in the mood or not even if its just for 50 seconds each, don't wait for 9days fasting next month etc...when you commit sin,ask for mercy and continue praying, nothing should stop you,
then the last thing is write down things that you want, things like ' YOU ARE BLESSED, YOU ARE FAVOURED, YOU PROSPEROUS etc, say your declarations to yourself every day 7times.... it will affect your mind and increase your faith. when you do that, you have activated your human power as a CHILD OF GOD who believes that he can conquer and reach the highest goal....
if you begin these Exercises in the next one month, you won't be the same person... my point is your mind will be activated and you will either be able to create opportunities or opportunities will begin to come to you...
Re: What Can I Learn To Teach? by alfred007(m): 6:07am On Nov 13, 2021
What do you have interest in?

(1) (Reply)

See The Message I Received From My Bank This Morning / I Need Dollar!!. Please Read / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.