Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,192 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects (3088 Views)

The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. / List Of Yoruba Dialects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by Energy48(m): 8:39am On Jun 02, 2011
It is ignorance of our history that makes people assume Yorubas and Igbos are different ethnic groups. The truth is they and other southern Nigerians are actually one people separated by dialects.

Please read the answer to our true identity at the link.

http://www.tiny9.com/u/Hebrews
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by Rossikk(m): 5:33am On Jun 10, 2011
More research is required by that writer. The central themes are fairly accurate, but the writer needs to do a lot more work.
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by Energy48(m): 9:19am On Jun 10, 2011
Rossikk:

More research is required by that writer. The central themes are fairly accurate, but the writer needs to do a lot more work.

I hope you are aware what you read were sample pages of a 350 page book. Even though it gives very accurate information, because they are sample pages it means a lot of information is missing. The sample pages simply give you a glimpse of of what is contained in the book. Please to get the full story you need to read the complete book. Thanks!
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2011
dats aa lie. angry angry angry angry
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by pleep(m): 6:51am On Jun 20, 2011
Well then why do they look different?
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by Energy48(m): 9:53am On Jun 20, 2011
pleep:

Well then why do they look different?

Look different. Are you kidding me? Are you honestly saying YOU can look at Nigerians and tell which tribe they belong to? That is impossible my friend. Don't even go there.
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:09am On Jun 20, 2011
Energy48:

Look different. Are you kidding me? Are you honestly saying YOU can look at Nigerians and tell which tribe they belong to? That is impossible my friend. Don't even go there.

ofcourse we can. are you saying A Yoruba and a Fulani look the same cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by Energy48(m): 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2011
Obviously you need glasses to read huh? tongue

The topic is about Yoruba & Igbos. It is not talking about Fulani. grin

Unless you wanna tell me YOU can look at Nigerians and 10 out of 10, tell who is Igbo and who is Yoruba.
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2011
ofcourse i can. mebe u cant, so u must be physically and mentally deprived by the Gods. im sure he'll be kinder to u in ur next life. wink
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by Energy48(m): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

ofcourse i can. mebe u cant, so u must be physically and mentally deprived by the Gods. im sure he'll be kinder to u in your next life. wink

Listen up PAGAN 9JA! The only thing a Fulani or Hausa man like you can tell is that the Igbo and Yoruba look different to you. That is all you can do so stop deceiving yourself. You lie when you say you can tell the difference between Igbo and Yoruaba because we ourselves can't tell the difference among us how much less you an outsider.
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:36pm On Jun 21, 2011
U MY FRIEND, ARE JEALOUS OF MY NATURAL INSTINCTS. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by Ybutterfly: 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^^^^^^^i don't believe it undecided
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by Rgp92: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2011
We are all human
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2011
^humans are intelligent animals. just as an African Rhino is different from a Sumatran or Indian Rhino, the same way, Yoruba are different from Igbo.
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by chikeuz(m): 12:28pm On Oct 23, 2011
some-but not all- igbos and yorubas have marked differences. Funke Akindele the actress looks very yoruba inspite of her beauty. Genevive Nnaji looks anything but yoruba or Hausa.
Even if we're same, there's still bound to be differences, Its not like every child born of same mother looks alike.
Both groups should be glad that they are grouped with our boko harmic, waring brothers
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by Ybutterfly: 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^st0p this rubbish igb0's and y0ruba's are not the same people^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^S-tupid thread
Re: Yoruba & Igbos Are Same People With Different Dialects by ChinenyeN(m): 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2011
Igbo aren't even the same people, talk less of "Igbo" and "Yoruba". There is no such thing as "Yoruba and Igbo are the same people".

(1) (Reply)

Happy Yoruba New Year! / Check Out This Ethiopian Woman With The Biggest Lip Disc (photos) / MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.