Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Problem Connecting Mssql Management Studio To The Server - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Problem Connecting Mssql Management Studio To The Server (1437 Views)

Mysql Vs MSSQL / Asp.net/mssql Versus Php/mysql / Connecting To A Database Using Visual Basic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem Connecting Mssql Management Studio To The Server by fatezy(m): 9:59am On Jun 02, 2011
Good day.
I had MSSQL Management studio installed on my laptop and it was working properly, untill it crashed. After restoring it, I was able to install the MSSQL Server and the Management Studio but the Management Studio refuses to connect to the server.
The Management Studio just attempts to connect unending without giving any prompt or error message. When I try invalid username and password, it alerts me but doesn't show any alert with right parameters.
I have re-installed several times but the problem still persists. Pls, what could be wrong with it?
Re: Problem Connecting Mssql Management Studio To The Server by denzel2009: 10:31am On Jun 02, 2011
When you uninstalled, did you remove the traces from the registry? Your normal add/remove will not do that for you. It's better you use special tools like revo uninstaller.
Re: Problem Connecting Mssql Management Studio To The Server by fatezy(m): 10:37am On Jun 02, 2011
No I didn't remove traces from the registry. is there a way i can remove the traces manually? Any help would be appreciated
Re: Problem Connecting Mssql Management Studio To The Server by denzel2009: 11:24am On Jun 02, 2011
I wouldn't advise you to attempt to remove it manually. You can read through this to familiarize yourself with the way powerful uninstallers work. You can download a free one as well.
Re: Problem Connecting Mssql Management Studio To The Server by fatezy(m): 11:32am On Jun 02, 2011
OK. Thanks for the help.
Re: Problem Connecting Mssql Management Studio To The Server by fatezy(m): 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2011
Thanks. I unistalled using revo uninstaller and then re-installed and it worked. Thanks for the help.
Re: Problem Connecting Mssql Management Studio To The Server by denzel2009: 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2011
fatezy:

Thanks. I unistalled using revo uninstaller and then re-installed and it worked. Thanks for the help.

Happy to help wink

(1) (Reply)

Creating My Own Programming Language (msc Project) / How To Insert Pictures Or Images In Textedit (webdesign) / 168GB Of Free Online Courses From The Best Sites For Programmers [free]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.