Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC (9310 Views)

NIN: NCC Denies Mass Disconnection Of Telephone Lines / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / Important Information For Those Upgrading Their Airtel Sim To 4G LTE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by prof2007: 8:57am On Oct 19, 2021
Nigerian Communications Commission has advised telecom subscribers not to allow their National Identification Numbers to be linked to another person’s Subscriber Identity Module cards. A statement quoted the NCC as disclosing this during the 3rd run of its Telecom Consumer Town Hall aired on radio.

Speaking on ‘the Benefits of NIN-SIM Integration’, the NCC Director, Consumer Affairs Bureau, Efosa Idehen, said “On no account should a telecom consumer, however circumstanced, allow another person to register a SIM with another person’s NIN.” He said this advice was meant to protect the true owner of the NIN from any liabilities or negative consequences arising from use of other person’s SIM.

He said, “If the person whose SIM is linked to your line uses their own SIM to commit crimes or any form of atrocity, it is easy to be traced to you and then you will be dealt with because the SIM is linked to your NIN.”

During the radio programme, the NCC further stressed that the deadline for NIN-SIM integration remains October 31, 2021.
https://punchng.com/its-dangerous-to-link-your-sim-to-another-subscribers-nin-ncc/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by SarkinYarki: 8:58am On Oct 19, 2021
How can that even be possible if y'all got your shit right ..it means you are not even matching NIN Data with the SIM Registration data

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Fahdiga(m): 8:59am On Oct 19, 2021
I won't even link my NIN to any SIM card under Pantami

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by orikoku: 8:59am On Oct 19, 2021
Mumu, I have link for my parents. Come and arrest in my house.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by FvckAllMods: 9:08am On Oct 19, 2021
Lol whatever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by CelestineNelson: 9:09am On Oct 19, 2021
The same old story...when technology is advancing in geometric progression, you are still here trying to link NIN with SIM successfully without

5 Likes

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Sucuer: 9:09am On Oct 19, 2021
Wallyxree:
See them
Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by WonderManly(m): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2021
Mtcheewww...

2 Likes

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Omooba77: 9:09am On Oct 19, 2021
prof2007:
https://punchng.com/its-dangerous-to-link-your-sim-to-another-subscribers-nin-ncc/

I still see telecos causing wahala with this. If you didn't use that line, it will be sold....
Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Usman16(m): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2021
I've already done that. Deal with it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Nackzy: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2021
Meaning

1 Like

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Elsueno: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2021
undecided

Then isn't this thing practically useless?

A mean I thought the linking was supposed to adjust d data of d sim to d nin. Dats why u do finger print & all kinds of shyt

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by EXLOVER(m): 9:10am On Oct 19, 2021
Buying all types of Gift cards, B.T.C and USDT

Google Play
Apple
iTunes
EBay
Sephora
Amex
Steam...etc

https://wame/message/RRKM7BQBXLR7B1

Add dot . in between the wa-me to connect me on WhatsApp
Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by TruthUntold: 9:11am On Oct 19, 2021
Admitting incompetence in broad daylight, only in naija.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by ignis: 9:11am On Oct 19, 2021
This government is as incompetent as Buhari.
Is the system supposed to allow linking of another person's NIN to a registered SIM with different biometric details?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Paulplayy: 9:11am On Oct 19, 2021
Nigeria my country!!!

I sell google voice

My number on my siggy
Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by jumpshot: 9:11am On Oct 19, 2021
Okay thank you sir
Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by MrCuteking(m): 9:12am On Oct 19, 2021
Nigerian government doesn't have tools to validate linked NIN, else you would have received message like

" Sorry, this NIN has been linked to another user"

Since they couldn't do that, I'm sure they can't trace anyone. Rubbish!

10 Likes

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Sonnobax15(m): 9:12am On Oct 19, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Christmasdon(m): 9:14am On Oct 19, 2021
Hi
Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Olu4luvme(f): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2021
I linked mine with my sister. No chance to do mine
Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Stevosty: 9:15am On Oct 19, 2021
I never knew it is possible. I shouldn't have stressed myself and my family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by BuzzandGrillz: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2021
But the NIN is just like the BVN meaning anyone (criminals) can get hold of it and link whatever without the true owner's consent. There should be an authorisation code sent to a person's default line or email before linking any more number to it (y'all should learn from the thieving Nigerian banks at least. Let them show you how to run an OTP code). That way, the onus lies on the true owner whether to link their parents' line to theirs (like I will do undecided) or not! Stop advising in the face of ineptitude.

Imagine a scenario where a friend goes with me to get my code, and then he/she links theirs without my knowledge just because an approval memo was never sent. Don't make us pay for your ineptitude! Also, make a provision whereby we can remove a number for reasons known to us.

If e too hard, scrap the NIN, edakun. E ma fi tiyin koba mi undecided

3 Likes

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by UncleKoboko: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2021
USELESS people.

The national identity card wey I register for since 2016 never still ready.

Old failed fools.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by MorataFC: 9:17am On Oct 19, 2021
Ok
Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 19, 2021
SarkinYarki:
How can that even be possible if y'all got your shit right ..it means you are not even matching NIN with the SIM Registration data

Nigeria system is porous.

1 Like

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by AgricWealth(m): 9:17am On Oct 19, 2021
SarkinYarki:
How can that even be possible if y'all got your shit right ..it means you are not even matching NIN with the SIM Registration data

Jah bless you bro, see dem reasoning.

Bio data won't match talk less of biometrics

3 Likes

Re: It’s Dangerous To Link Your SIM To Another Subscriber’s NIN – NCC by Akinsete19(m): 9:18am On Oct 19, 2021
Story from the gods

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Qualcomm Snapdragon Chip Overrated? / MTN 500mb Bundle / Current Blackberry Prices In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.