Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk (2135 Views)

How Much Did You Pay For Transportation today? / Nigerians In USA, Do You Save More Than N15 Million Yearly? / Poland Work Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by Munamoqel: 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2021
I am trying to analyse the return on investment of 13000 to 16000 pounds on Msc in the UK. i am taking in to consideration the worst senerio . Did you saved 20000 pounds or more in 2 years post study visa or not?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by oghini: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
Munamoqel:
I am trying to analyse the return on investment of 13000 to 16000 pounds on Msc in the UK. i am taking in to consideration the worst senerio . Did you saved 20000 pounds or more in 2 years post study visa or not?

I'm facing same dilemma, I really need an answer to this as well.
Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by DisGuy: 1:42pm On Oct 19, 2021
When did the PSW resume? 2 years already?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by feelgoodstuffs(m): 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
Bro I can see you’re really skeptical about this your UK trip, following your other thread, why don’t you look into other country like US, for me I don’t think it’s worth it, I’d prefer other country than UK, because the way UK is dishing out student visas recently is suspicious and definitely won’t be funny at the end. You should know they are only after our tuition.
Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by hottestchick1: 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2021
Munamoqel:

Spending close to #8million naira no be beans o.

Chai.
13k pounds for tuition fee. That's outrageous.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by Davidganna10: 7:38pm On Oct 19, 2021
hottestchick1:

Spending close to #8million naira no be beans o.

Chai.
13k pounds for tuition fee. That's outrageous.
that is about 22000 CAD and 18000 for Canada and USA university tuition fees respectively. 13k pounds is less than 2 years tuition fees for the countries above. USA only part way to citizenship is by marriage (which a lot easier compared to UK), although, to naturalize in Canada is easier but to get in is difficult.

For ops question: the post study visa only started recently so you may not get first hand experience for your question.

But let's do some permutation
Let's say you earn £10.5/per hour which gives you £22000/Year and after tax of £18000 that gives us 1500/per month
Rents = £500/per month
Food = £150/per month
Utilities/other expenses = £250
Total = £900
Balance = £600 * 12 = £7200*2
= £14200
Note: this is a rough estimate base on my research.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by Nozino: 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
Munamoqel:
I am trying to analyse the return on investment of 13000 to 16000 pounds on Msc in the UK. I am taking in to consideration the worst scenario . Did you save 20000 pounds or more in 2 years post study visa or not?
Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by ednut1(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
One mans situation is different from yours. Its a risk take it or leave it
Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by Munamoqel: 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2021
It called risk that why we have risk analyst to make informed decision.
Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by Londonboyrep(m): 9:30am On Oct 20, 2021
If your intention is to quickly make enough money to cover your tuition fees in just 2 years then you will be sorely disappointed. If your plan is longer term then its worth it if not forget it.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by Munamoqel: 11:21am On Oct 20, 2021
Londonboyrep:
If your intention is to quickly make enough money to cover your tuition fees in just 2 years then you will be sorely disappointed. If your plan is longer term then its worth it if not forget it.
it to save back my 16000 pound at worst case during the post study work visa if i can't get a sponsorship for job.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by BigDawsNet: 8:11am On Oct 21, 2021
Hmm...it's a 50/50 thing..that's if you get a sponsorship...

Let me give u an example

There's this British woman looking for job
She called her friend to visit over the weekend so she can assist her with the job hunting

They search and applied for 100 job that match her qualifications for the single day

Few weeks later
Out of 100 applied jobs ..
10 sent an acknowledgement message
Finally 2 sent an invite
She attended thee two interviews
She waited but, dint finally get any of the 2 jobs

Don't forget she's not an immigrant or require a sponsorship....

I don't know , I kinda believe there are more applicants on the jobs she applied for which means the best of the best will be selected....

Like someone said..
Be positive
Try to graduate with good grade and you need top level skills to get a better job to cover your money spent....

If not...start working towards planB
Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by Londonboyrep(m): 11:09am On Oct 21, 2021
Munamoqel:
it to save back my 16000 pound at worst case during the post study work visa if i can't get a sponsorship for job.
Don’t let anyone deceive you there’s no job that will allow you save £16000 in 2 years especially as an immigrant. How? Don’t forget a student cannot work full time. Again if your goal is to stay permanently then yes it’s worth it. Or if a British PG Degree will help in your career back home, again worth it.
Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by Munamoqel: 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2021
Londonboyrep:
Don’t let anyone deceive you there’s no job that will allow you save £16000 in 2 years especially as an immigrant. How? Don’t forget a student cannot work full time. Again if your goal is to stay permanently then yes it’s worth it. Or if a British PG Degree will help in your career back home, again worth it.
am taking during the post study work visa permit. of 2 year if i can recoup my 16000 pounds investment.
Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by Londonboyrep(m): 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2021
Munamoqel:
am taking during the post study work visa permit. of 2 year if i can recoup my 16000 pounds investment.
All the best bro.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Save During Your Post Study Work Visa Uk by DisGuy: 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2021
What's your work experience like?

(1) (Reply)

Us Visa Fee / Needing Uk Visa Application Form? Booking An Appointment With Us Embassy: / ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES CRASH : The Beautiful Cabin Crew!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.