Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,722 members, 7,837,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners (15636 Views)

EPL Clubs Vote To Continue Matches Amid Fast Rising Covid-19 Cases In Football / UEFA Champions League: Clubs Kick Against New Reforms / Premier League Clubs Vote To End Transfer Activity Earlier Than Scheduled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by AbdulHakeem44(m): 2:21pm On Oct 19, 2021
This is not making sense to an extent as far as I can comprehend this. For instance, if Abrahmovich, the owner of Chelsea fc has another business in Europe or any other place in the world. He cannot use his club to rubber stamp sponsorship for his business as a form of free advert to the Europeans, haba!!!.

I guess many people think this is a move to not make the just-purchased Newcastle united a big club, NO!!! I don't think that is what they voted against. It is to vote that clubs should not accept sponsorship deals linked to any of the co-owner or owner of the club. Meaning sponsorship deals should go to any club and not the club the owners have stake in. A move to make big sponsorship deals available to small clubs, that is the way I look at it and if that is the case, I don't buy the idea.

If anyone who reads and digested the information and has contrary comprehension can quote me pls, we are all learning...
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by seandurse(m): 2:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
wink
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2021
grin grin grin All this is because Saudi Money came to the Table Big Time grin grin . Money Good o Ego Amaka
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by A305: 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2021
Na bad belle full this life oooooo.

But anyways, they doing it for sanity spending reasons otherwise, Newcastle will bypass FFP rules like Man-city by just putting "VISIT SAUDI ARABIA" on their jersy as sponsor, then will massively pump in money to fund Newcastle big spending.

Or it could just be the name of one of Salman's companies just to beat FFP.

Even though, FFP blocked Marina's and Abramovic "players loan" strategy for big spending and business. Trust me, we will come up with a new strategy because we are Chelsea. Up the Chels.
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by abbey621(m): 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:
This is not making sense to an extent as far as I can comprehend this. For instance, if Abrahmovich, the owner of Chelsea fc has another business in Europe or any other place in the world. He cannot use his club to rubber stamp sponsorship for his business as a form of free advert to the Europeans, haba!!!.

I guess many people think this is a move to not make the just-purchased Newcastle united a big club, NO!!! I don't think that is what they voted against. It is to vote that clubs should not accept sponsorship deals linked to any of the co-owner or owner of the club. Meaning sponsorship deals should go to any club and not the club the owners have stake in. A move to make big sponsorship deals available to small clubs, that is the way I look at it and if that is the case, I don't buy the idea.

If anyone who reads and digested the information and has contrary comprehension can quote me pls, we are all learning...

That's exactly what it is, Etihad Airways cannot sponsor Man City, basically they don't want unlimited funds through sponsorships as a way to divert financial fair play, it looks good on paper but legally they might be in for a rude awakening.

2 Likes

Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by Lamasta(m): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2021
Read bro read
graphics104:
cheesy
I know say man city go follow for people wen vote against am.

The Guardian newspaper reported 18 clubs voted in favour of the ban at an emergency meeting on Monday, with Newcastle voting against and Manchester City abstaining. It is understood that both questioned the legality of the move.

1 Like

Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by angelfallz(m): 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2021
Its like jealousy is not limited to the average poor man.

2 Likes

Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by Lamasta(m): 2:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
Abfinest007:
This how mancity use a company owned by their owners to secured a lucrative deal for man city even psg did same.new castle would have done same
All I see is politics to block Newcastle from spending massively to join the elite clubs like PSG, CITY etc

1 Like

Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by watersideboys: 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2021
Fear grip them
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by kenzysmith: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2021
KingLennon:
The English FA will always move to end moves that will become a threat to their financial business.

Newcastle will make Europa league two seasons from now
Top is not far off next season cause salah, lewadoski, degea, pogba might just make u change ur mind wen they cross ship . salah want 500per week, pogba want 500 per week , lewa want 500k per week degea have a year to run bousoma of Brighton is within reach rice and sterling is also in consideration my brother
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by Ghost01(m): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2021
A classic case of "kicking away the ladder"
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by Calibrator: 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2021
You missed the whole point.

Manchester City circumvented FFP rules by inflating the sponsorship deals struck between them and the owner's affiliated companies, which in turn shot up their revenue to astronomical proportions and enabled them to have an unfair advantage in the transfer market.

Imagine Manchester City posting endorsement deals superseding a big club of Manchester United pedigree.

The only reason they escaped punishment was the expired statue of limitations when their scam came to light.

Hope you understand better now?
AbdulHakeem44:

1 Like

Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by Silentgroper(m): 3:30pm On Oct 19, 2021
Falseprofet2:
I see bad belle from the old teams like liverpool, manu, chelsea

I see the courts deciding this.
I see it been upturned

I see newcastle becoming like man city in five years

This i am seeing
In a year is what u should see.
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by MrBONE2(m): 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
Sunisonflex39:
Anything to cripple Newcastle is welcome.. Because na my arsenal go suffer am if e stand..

Them go dey beat us steadily
grin

Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by juman(m): 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
Premier League is cesspit of corrupt money.

Shame on them.
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by MrBONE2(m): 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2021
StayMotivated:
Omo na to leave Man Utd go join Newcastle next season. Since Man Utd board no gree sack Ole grin
Calm down Bwana, Zinadine Zidane had been contacted by the club on the order of Tappinaldogrin

Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by MrBONE2(m): 3:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
adioolayi:
Football is business and entertainment...

If they have the will..why not

Others should sell their clubs to highest bidders too if they cannot fund the club.

We want entertainment...to the fullest..that's why we watch football matches.
grin

Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by thatigboman1: 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2021
graphics104:
cheesy
I know say man city go follow for people wen vote against am.
man city abstained.

1 Like

Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by Yemaxollar(m): 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2021
fearing of Arab money is the begining of wisdom.... them know say their own don done.
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by AbdulHakeem44(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
Calibrator:

Manchester City circumvented FFP rules by inflating the sponsorship deals struck between them and the owner's affiliated companies, which in turn shot up their revenue to astronomical proportions and enabled them to have an unfair advantage in the transfer market.

Imagine Manchester City posting endorsement deals superseding a big club of Manchester United pedigree.

The only reason they escaped punishment was the expired statue of limitations when their scam came to light.

Is this a stylish discouragement of big companies or rich people buying small clubs and making hem bigger?? Is it that they want the status quo to remain or how else do they want the small club to compete with bugger ones in the same league when obviously they don't earn the same amount. That is why I said, I see no point in this move. Is it bad for football if all the twenty teams in a league are owns by richest men? It only takes the competition to a higher level I presume!!
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by Lamasta(m): 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2021
Calibrator:

Stop typing what you have no knowledge of
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by Calibrator: 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2021
Kindly tell me, O knowledgeable one.... The basis of the last FFP investigation into Man City finances that threatened their continued participation in last season's UEFA champions league?

Lamasta:
Stop typing what you have no knowledge of
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by Llyodsjids(m): 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2021
DOTian:
Envy!
So much noise since the Saudi take over of Newcastle.
Makes you wonder if it was not the same with PSG, Mancity, Man United, Milan, Chelsea etc...
Wealthy owners bought these clubs before. Everybody is upset because the Saudis have come with their huge millions?
Billions bro���

1 Like

Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by Buckeyemedia1: 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
DoctorDree:
Good move
They can’t eat their cake and have it at the same time
You want to invest and also control everything and anything around the club
Ignoramus, go & tell that to Fiat & Juventus, Poverty is your problem, Etihad owns shares in Mancity, they shouldn’t use the team as a medium to promote their Airline? Football is a business, they should go & report it to the European Court of arbitration they will declare it it null & void.

Or Leceister City owners should not use their team to advise their brand? All these rubbish because those Saudi Billionaires bought Newcastle United.
Re: Premier League Clubs Vote To Block Sponsorship Deals Linked To Owners by Lamasta(m): 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2021
Calibrator:
Kindly tell me, O knowledgeable one.... The basis of the last FFP investigation into Man City finances that threatened their continued participation in last season's UEFA champions league?

Pls try and read up this article it consist of the critism against City concerning the Etihad sponsorship and the ffp rules it will enlighten you further...
This guys don't want the smaller clubs to compete and grow, they tried everything to stop City but we broke out to a top club today and no stopping for us not even their targeting ffp rules can stop us and now they are trying to stop Newcastle too with so much criticism and politics.....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/769697-epl-debate-manchester-city-etihad-stadium-deal-evading-financial-fair-play

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osimhen Confirmed Fit, In Training Today & Available For Selection Tomorrow / OFFICIAL: Everton Sign Andre Gomes From Barcelona On Loan (photos) / "Thank You All For The Motivation": Ahmed Musa Revels In First Al Nassr's Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.