Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! (3806 Views)

Man Receives Unreleased Google Pixel 7 Pro After Placing Order For Pixel 6 Pro. / Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience / iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by atheistandproud(m): 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2021
Google has gone the Apple way with the Pixel 6 Pro

Google has at long last announced the Pixel 6 Pro and its sibling, the Pixel 6. Both phones have come to refresh Google’s flagship line from the Pixel 5 series.

With the announcement of the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro, Google has finally gone the way of Apple. They have their own SoC, their own software and now, their own phone. The new Pixel 6 lineup comes with Google’s own SoC known as Google Tensor. This brings back memories of almost a decade ago when Apple switched from ARM based SoCs to their own custom made SoCs for the iPhone 5.

Now that I have bored you with a bit of history, lets look at the specs on the Google Pixel 6 and the Pixel 6 Pro.

Specifications
Body
Both the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro have an aluminum frame sandwiched by a Gorilla Glass Victus body. It weighs 201g and has an IP68 rating for both water and dust resistance.

Display
This is the first area where the Pixel 6 Pro asserts its dominance over the Pixel 6. The Pixel 6 Pro has a 6.7″ LTPO AMOLED display with 3120 x 1440p (WQHD+) resolution. The display has a pixel density of 512ppi, a refresh rate of up to 120Hz and it supports HDR10+. The display is protected by Gorilla Glass Victus.

Recommended: Smartphone screen resolutions and their meanings

The Pixel 6 on the other hand has a smaller 6.4″ LTPO AMOLED display as well with 2400 x 1080p (FHD+) resolution. The display has a pixel density of 411ppi and a refresh rate of up to 90Hz. There is no HDR10+ support here, but the display is protected by a Gorilla Glass Victus.

Performance/Software
Both phones come with the all new Google Tensor SoC. The Google Tensor SoC is a custom made processor for Google’s Pixel phones. This is the first time we are going to be seeing it in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf1LyGz8OPs

The Tensor SoC has a 2+2+4 DynamIQ set up with 2 Cortex X1 (2.8GHz), 2 Cortex A76 (2.25GHz) and 4 Cortex A55 (1.8GHz) cores. The GPU on board is the Mali G78 MP20. This is one of the most powerful CPU core set up on any phone currently in existence. It promises to be a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmGxA-21QK0

For software, both phones run on Stock Android 12 and Google has promised that there will be three years of OS updates as well as five years of security updates.

Memory
For multitasking, both the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro have 12GB LPDDR5 RAM on board as well 128GB, 2565GB or 512GB of UFS 3.1.

Recommended: storage in smartphones explained

Cameras
The Pixel 6 Pro has a triple camera set up. Pixel phones are a major photography force amongst smartphones and Google has taken it a bit further.

The main camera on this device is the Samsung GN1 with an aperture of f/1.8 and OIS. The other cameras include a 12MP Sony IMX 386 Ultrawide angle (f/2.2, 110 degrees) camera and a 48MP Sony IMX 586 telephoto camera. The Telephoto camera is capable of 4x optical zoom and 20x digital zoom. At the front, the Pixel 6 Pro has an 11.1MP camera for taking selfies.

When it comes to videos, the Pixel 6 Pro can shoot videos of up to 4K @60fps both with the main cameras or the selfies.

The Pixel 6 only has two cameras at the back instead of three which the Pro version has. In front, the selfie camera is an 8MP selfie which is downgrade on the 11.1MP on the pro version. Apart from these few differences, all other specs are identical.

Battery
This is the finally area that might convince you to pick up the pro version instead of the vanilla variant. The battery on the Pixel 6 Pro is 5,000mAh while the battery on the Pixel 6 is 4,600mAh. Both phones support 30W fast charge and 23W wireless charging.

Connectivity
Both phones support 4G and 5G networks, NFC, Bluetooth 5.2 and WiFi 6 . They also both have a USB C 3.1 port for charging and connections.

Sensors and security
Both phones have the usual suspects such as a barometer, GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, light/ambient sensors, OIS, face ID etc. They all also lack support for FM radio, 3.5mm Audio jack and an IR blaster. There is an on screen finger print reader for unlocking both devices.

Price
The Google Pixel 6 starts from $599 (around N270,000) while the Google Pixel 6 Pro starts from $899 (around 405,000).

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2021/10/20/google-has-gone-the-apple-way-with-the-pixel-6-pro/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by Cyphar(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
What a beauty shocked
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by Parrie(m): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2021
This device is a beast, no doubt but i wasn't expecting it to come with a upper mid-range price tag. Anyway lets see what the tensor chipset has to offer.
Google pixel 6 = N270,000
Tecno phantom x = N228,000
Hmmm...speechless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by chariisGRACE(m): 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2021
Fair Spec-Price.
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by tellsblinks(m): 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2021
Bro, have you left redmi? angry
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by ColdSoldier(m): 7:27pm On Oct 20, 2021
Parrie:
This device is a beast, no doubt but i wasn't expecting it to come with a upper mid-range price tag. Anyway lets see what the tensor chipset has to offer.
Hmmm...speechless.
Wetin carry Phantom X come here? grin cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by atheistandproud(m): 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2021
tellsblinks:
Bro, have you left redmi? angry

grin grin grin grin

Lol no
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by atheistandproud(m): 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
ColdSoldier:

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by masterfactor(m): 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2021
nice job. MBKHD says it is 5 year update for both the 6 and 6 pro.

2 Likes

Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by Parrie(m): 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
ColdSoldier:
Hehehe..na as i see pixel 6 specs and the price, na so devil dey whisper phantom x for my ear...lol
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by Effulgent(m): 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2021
atheistandproud:
-has-gone-the-apple-way-with-the-pixel-6-pro/

Boss, this embargo Google placed on tech reviewers, what do you think about.

I dey see am as red flag o.
But then we will see, also I wouldn't even buy this pixel 6 sef cos na pixel 7 Google go do well...

since the sensor is new, Google might not have unlocked its full capabilities. But pixel 7, everything go do set. steady

lol, I no even get money afford anyone sef

2 Likes

Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by seunfly: 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2021
That phone was my dream phone until my then phone had broken screen, I had to settle for another one because google no release this on time.
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by seunfly: 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
Parrie:
Hmmm...speechless.

Do mind those clown?

2 Likes

Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by atheistandproud(m): 10:11pm On Oct 20, 2021
Effulgent:

Boss, this embargo Google placed on tech reviewers, what do you think about.

I dey see am as red flag o.
But then we will see, also I wouldn't even buy this pixel 6 sef cos na pixel 7 Google go do well...

since the sensor is new, Google might not have unlocked its full capabilities. But pixel 7, everything go do set. steady

lol, I no even get money afford anyone sef

They have actually been doing it for a long time. This embargo thing. No be only Google, Apple, Samsung and even our Xiaomi join.
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by CondemnBattery(f): 12:11am On Oct 21, 2021
Parrie:
Hmmm...speechless.

Please which is better, I need a change of phone.

Between Techno Phantom x, redmi, Samsung a22/a32. And this google pixel 6 Which should I go for? Thanks.

I planned getting redmi note10 pro but any suggestions will be appreciated
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by Phiniter(m): 4:35am On Oct 21, 2021
atheistandproud:

They have actually been doing it for a long time. This embargo thing. No be only Google, Apple, Samsung and even our Xiaomi join.

why if I may ask
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by Joeblazeochola(m): 4:54am On Oct 21, 2021
phone wif class. anyone dat wants to upgrade to dis phone shud pls contact me. i can help u hold ur old device, thanks.
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by truthCoder: 5:28am On Oct 21, 2021
a good android phone.

unfortunately, it is not only the hardware that matters but the eco system.

no ecosystem can rival Apple's at least for the next 5 years.

If Apple wan vex make dem put their M1 chip inside mobile phones (which they can but choose not to)

The M1 Pro and M1 Max chips which were released 24 hours before Google's Tensor are currently the best laptop processors in the world.
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by lkillbrokehoes: 5:39am On Oct 21, 2021
I can't wait to gety hands on pixel 6 pro, I can't wait.
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by Shuregirl: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2021
CondemnBattery:

Between Techno Phantom x, redmi, Samsung a22/a32. And this google pixel 6 Which should I go for? Thanks.

I think I'd go for the phantom x if it were me
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by CondemnBattery(f): 8:11am On Oct 21, 2021
Ok, any reason? I need the phone today. Thanks
Shuregirl:
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by Shuregirl: 10:16am On Oct 21, 2021
CondemnBattery:

glass back, larger storage, better camera, larger screen resolution, 33w fast charge etc
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by atheistandproud(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2021
CondemnBattery:

No vex oh.

But if anyone picks the Phantom X over the Pixel 6 pro, there is a bed space at Uselu or Yaba waiting for the person. No cap.

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by hyfr(m): 10:25am On Oct 21, 2021
Shuregirl:
you're a wicked person
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by atheistandproud(m): 10:42am On Oct 21, 2021
Shuregirl:
glass back, larger storage, better camera, larger screen resolution, 33w fast charge etc

Are you sure you know about phones at all?

Phantom X vs Pixel 6

Plain glass Vs Gorilla Glass Victus

256GB storage vs 512GB storage

Better camera? Are you serious? Even iPhones, Huawei, Samsung and Xiaomi Ultras dey struggle with Pixel, na come Phantom X.

Phantom X uses a G95 Triple ISP that is notoriously bad with image processing against the Pixel Neural core running GCam software. Are you sure you know phones at all?

FHD resolution vs WQHD+. The difference here is too wide. Wider than the Atlantic.

33W Fast Charge vs 30W fast charge. This is the only area where phantom X has any sort of lead but seriously, what is 3W?

See how GCam turns night into day. And that's not even a Pixel phone.

Bia Bia bia, if you try this thing again ehn...I wee bulala you oh.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by Jeffy1206(m): 10:45am On Oct 21, 2021
Mrcheeeew! I thought you you wanna give us pics fa undecided
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by atheistandproud(m): 11:03am On Oct 21, 2021
Jeffy1206:
Mrcheeeew! I thought you you wanna give us pics fa undecided

Pictures from a phone that is still in preorder. Phone that Google restricted YouTubers from fully analysing. You funny sha oh.

Photography thread dey here, Pixel pics full there if that's what you're looking for.
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by atheistandproud(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2021
Phiniter:

why if I may ask

Because the phone's aren't usually ready sometimes or may have bugs that they're still wrestling with.

If the YouTuber tells people about the flaw, they may not want to buy the phone. So these companies are only protecting their interest by safeguarding their market and using YouTubers to hype the phone.
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by Parrie(m): 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2021
CondemnBattery:

If your budget is above 250k i will advice to go for google pixel 6.
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by sunshineV(f): 5:31pm On Oct 21, 2021
Shuregirl:
better camera than the pixel 6 series? u be full clothed werey

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by Karleb(m): 6:19pm On Oct 21, 2021
atheistandproud:

Are you sure you know about phones at all?

Phantom X vs Pixel 6

Plain glass Vs Gorilla Glass Victus

256GB storage vs 512GB storage

Better camera? Are you serious? Even iPhones, Huawei, Samsung and Xiaomi Ultras dey struggle with Pixel, na come Phantom X.

Phantom X uses a G95 Triple ISP that is notoriously bad with image processing against the Pixel Neural core running GCam software. Are you sure you know phones at all?

FHD resolution vs WQHD+. The difference here is too wide. Wider than the Atlantic.

33W Fast Charge vs 30W fast charge. This is the only area where phantom X has any sort of lead but seriously, what is 3W?

See how GCam turns night into day. And that's not even a Pixel phone.

Bia Bia bia, if you try this thing again ehn...I wee bulala you oh.

It's as if you have enough spare time.

The fellow might be a new generation smart phone user.
Re: Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! by enoch273: 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2021
The specifications are mind-blowing, an innovative smartphone deserves a smart assessories, matching this with the latest edition of the oraimo FreePods with it's lovely design, improved audio quality, and it's incredibly powerful bass, will be superb.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel Cheap Browsing For Cheat Scarcity Period / Please Help! Flickering Screen On Infinix Hot 2. How Can I Fix This Myself? / How To Get Someone's Phone Number Without Them Knowing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.