Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. (666 Views)

What Programming Language Can I Use To Achieve This? / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? / Which Programming Language Can Be Use To Create A Social Media Platform? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. by onibokun10(m): 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2021
I am a computer science graduate but literally know nothing about coding or programming. I got admitted to study business intelligence and analytics in a foreign school and I want to be ahead of the course . Pls which programming language can I learn to help my course? Should I learn online or offline ? Thanks
Re: Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2021
SQL, Python and R should come in handy. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. by onibokun10(m): 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2021
Thanks, i so appreciate.

Do you suggest I learn on udemy or coursera or I enrol in a tech house? I enquire about one and price is 1.3m.

Zero knowledge of these stuffs don't know if online could also suffice for those tech centres
Re: Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. by Ayo081(m): 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2021
onibokun10:
Thanks, i so appreciate.

Do you suggest I learn on udemy or coursera or I enrol in a tech house? I enquire about one and price is 1.3m.

Zero knowledge of these stuffs don't know if online could also suffice for those tech centres

Since you've been admitted, while not look at the curriculum to know which programs they'll be teaching you.

Go on YouTube for now and search "Edureka Business Analytics" start from there if you're some that can self learn

Nevertheless master excel.

3 Likes

Re: Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. by onibokun10(m): 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2021
Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. by airsaylongcome: 6:58am On Oct 22, 2021
R and Python should be high up there. But have you learned the basic tool? Excel?

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. by airsaylongcome: 10:23am On Oct 22, 2021
Do not patronize the hediot up there
Re: Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. by KJtemi: 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2021
onibokun10:
I am a computer science graduate but literally know nothing about coding or programming. I got admitted to study business intelligence and analytics in a foreign school and I want to be ahead of the course . Pls which programming language can I learn to help my course? Should I learn online or offline ? Thanks
R SQL and phyton
Mention me if you want to learn
Re: Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. by GboyegaD(m): 5:23pm On Oct 23, 2021
Focus on SQL, a dashboard/visualization tool (Tableau/Python), and Python in the order of precedence. Also, groom your Microsoft Tools skills.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. by Raalsalghul: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2021
onibokun10:

Start learning in the following order:

SQL
Excel
PowerBi/Tableau

You can pick up python later for predictive analysis.

Still trying to understand people's obsession with Python when it's "Analytics" that's mentioned.
Re: Which Programming Language Can I Learn To Aid My Studies In Business Analytics. by Nobody: 2:41am On Oct 27, 2021
onibokun10:
Thanks, i so appreciate.

Sorry for the late response, you didn't quote my post so I didn't know. As per where to start, Udemy is a very good place to learn anything, but you can start with YouTube so u can get the basics. 1.3m is a lot of money and I don't think it would make much sense if the certificate isn't being issued by a university, at least that would add some prestige to your CV, unlike a tech class.

Like someone said above, don't forget the basics; using Excel. Also having a basic knowledge of statistics is crucial, so you may want to start from these two points. Business Analytics basically deals with the application of statistical methods and tools to business concerns by collecting, analyzing, manipulating and interpreting business data to gain new insights and make clear business decisions.

You can update me on your journey when you start, I am also a little boy in the field... wink

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Laptops For Programming 2022: Best Budget / Python Coding Challenge / Is This The Best Forum In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.