Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set (40450 Views)

Alec Baldwin: Manslaughter Charges DROPPED After Fatal Movie Set Shooting / Halyna Hutchins: See Last Photo Of The Woman That Was Shot By Alec Baldwin / Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by naptu2: 6:27am On Oct 22, 2021
Joyceaile:
do u mean DBN ? Also known then as clapper board

No, CBN. Christian Broadcasting Network.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Klass99(f): 6:28am On Oct 22, 2021
smiley
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by saintnegroid(m): 6:33am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59005500.amp

RIP. This oyigbo people no strong like Africans, small stick can fall on them and they will die. Can you count how many teargas will hit a Nigerian man yet they will survive...
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:36am On Oct 22, 2021
I pray she had family and insurance cos it’s about to rain on them
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by malvisguy212: 6:51am On Oct 22, 2021
suffering:
It’s an accident. He’ll get off with a warning.
but the woman is not acting , she was a director of
photography. why shoot at her?

1 Like

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by dingbang(m): 6:56am On Oct 22, 2021
Jumbojax:
Most stuntmen and women sign wagers on the sets of these movies that if anything should happen you are oyo, but as she no be either, na sure casala for company
alright.thanks
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by TemmyT002(m): 6:57am On Oct 22, 2021
Scenes like that has happened in many TV series.
Where a person is set up to fire a live gun that was disguised as a prop gun.
Series like the Mentalist, Castle, etc.
The investigators found the real killers.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Joyceaile(f): 7:00am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:

No, CBN. Christian Broadcasting Network.
ok I thought as much
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Lamasta(m): 7:01am On Oct 22, 2021
Ms Hutchins was a graduate of the American Film Institute and had been named a "rising star" by American Cinematographer magazine in 2019.

So sad she died in such a way.....
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by seyz91(m): 7:07am On Oct 22, 2021
cheesy
Genesils:
Ahhh... I could remember when I was small and used to assume the bosses in action movies always die true true.

This one na wàhálà o
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by bluebay(m): 7:12am On Oct 22, 2021
signature2012:
Does it mean he won’t be charge for murder or manslaugter?
Their system is so much different from Nigeria system. No charges made yet for its under investigation.

1 Like

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by AfonjaConehead: 7:13am On Oct 22, 2021
Look at coneheads chooking mouth as if they are talking about Baba ijesha or Baba suwe grin grin
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Yankee101: 7:23am On Oct 22, 2021
Art imitates life
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by rontolo(m): 7:23am On Oct 22, 2021
careytommy37:
This are the people that were always calling Trump unhinged. You can see they have always been projecting.
Leave trump out of this. Trump na kolo!
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Bimpe29: 7:29am On Oct 22, 2021
That was pathetically tragic and heartbreaking.

And then there was an apparent failure of control in the use of live ammunition at the movie scenes.

Was he acting the script forgetting that the gun had a bullet?
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by kayo80(m): 7:33am On Oct 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

I don't know about Bob's own but Bruce lee I am 100% sure.

It wasn't a hidden thing ,his uncles talked about it in interviews even.

The Lee family had been struggling with that curse or long . Bruce lee told his wife about it but typical American she laughed it off and didn't believe him

His wife laughed because it was ludicrous... These things are only as powerful as the power/attention we give them. If you strongly believe it is true, then it is true, but otherwise, no curse has any power over you.

I remember when some church people came to my house to warn us about a curse on me and how I was going to die in a couple of weeks if I don't do this and that ... My dad and I just laughed it off. Thank God my mom wasn't around. That was 21 years ago, and most of those people that told me about the curse are dead now... And I am still here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by EndBuhariNow(m): 7:39am On Oct 22, 2021
Maybe he thought they are fulani herdsmen
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Kobicove(m): 7:40am On Oct 22, 2021
Was he not supposed to be pointing the prop gun at co-actors instead of the director of photography? undecided
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by NoFucksToGive: 7:40am On Oct 22, 2021
kayo80:

His wife laughed because it was ludicrous... These things are only as powerful as the power/attention we give them. If you strongly believe it is true, then it is true, but otherwise, no curse has no power over you.

I remember when some church people came to my house to warn us about a curse on me and how I was going to die in a couple of weeks if I don't do this and that ... My dad and I just laughed it off. Thank God my mom wasn't around. That was 21 years ago, and most of those people that told me about the curse are dead now... And I am still here.

I totally agree with you , But i was merely explaining to the member what killed him and yes the Lee family unfortunately believe so strongly in that curse that they had rituals performed daily to safe guard themselves handed down from generation to generation

1 Like

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by paskal16: 7:48am On Oct 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

It's not rumor. Bruce lee was s victim of a generational curse in the Lee family. His father warned him about it ,and his uncle too he tried all the native rituals to cure it but it didn't work. That's why his father sent him to America hoping the distance would make his some escape the curse ... The same curse claimed his father , it claimed Bruce lee too and Bruce Lee's son died at the exact same age as his father .

Go read up on it
lol exact same age?
Lol You must be a joker that reads moonlight tales

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by princewarri1985: 7:52am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:

There is definately no hiding place when your village people want you, i also remember in 1999 in warri here during the ijaw and itsekiri crisis when a stray bullet went through the window and killed my landlord wife inside her flat while she was comfortably seated in the dinning eating eba and banga soup
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by BruncleZuma: 7:58am On Oct 22, 2021
This brings us back to October 2020 when "blanks" were used on protesters ...like say blacks used incorrectly no dey fatal.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by deolu2000(m): 8:01am On Oct 22, 2021
This is one of the hazards and price of making the real movies we all celebrate and clamor for. Shame that a life was unfortunately lost, and a mistake made somewhere but truth be told, these foreign movies are made to the best of originality and we shouldn't be castigating anyone now but rather hope that all lapses leading to this fatal error are prevented in the future.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Pennywise(m): 8:01am On Oct 22, 2021
What a terrible way to end an illustrious career
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Grandmeister(m): 8:04am On Oct 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

Don't be rude it makes you look stupid . I am expressing myself coherently if you can't understand that's your problem

The Bruce Lee Story wasn’t the first time there were rumours of a curse around the martial arts film star - in fact, the first mention of it extended back to before anyone knew his name.Bruce Lee was born in San Francisco in the Year of the Dragon on the Hour of the Dragon, but his parents always referred to him as “Little Phoenix” at home, a girl’s name in Chinese.Why? Before Lee was born, his parents had lost another son and according to tradition, if you didn’t refer to him by a male name it would confuse the spirits who might steal their souls.

This is no rumor naa. The lee family actually talked about this in public.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:

You just insulted me (breaking rule 2) and you are telling me about my conduct??

Then rumours I wrote about had absolutely nothing to do with a curse, yet you keep quoting me to tell me that the rumours are true and that they were about a curse! How does that sound to you?? Think about it.

The rumours, which I had heard since the early 1980s, were that Bruce Lee was shot while filming a movie. The rumours were not true! His son was later shot while shooting a movie. That was what I was referring to, so how can you quote me and insist that the rumour was true and that it was about a curse??

There were also similar rumours about Bob Marley, first that he was killed by an assassin and later that the CIA poisoned him with cancer.

Now, go back to my first post, read your responses to my post and think about them.

Meanwhile I'm going to report you for insulting me.
report what? How did he insult you?
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by suffering: 8:26am On Oct 22, 2021
malvisguy212:
but the woman is not acting , she was a director of
photography. why shoot at her?
If the article doesn't give a definite answer, how should I know? The man was likely rehearsing a scene and the woman was the closest person he could use.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by kobosmart(m): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:

grin heyah jack ryan don dey get dementia.

Btw he is 63years old

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jaywon: ‘Big Brother Is A Scam, He Selects People He Can Make Money From' / BBNaija: Brewing Romance Between Diane And Elozonam / Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.