Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? (10729 Views)

Read, Buy, Sell And Advertise Your Ebooks. / Comic Books As Literature / Do Nigerians Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by DAVE5(m): 1:16am On Jun 10, 2011
Booshman:

OP Here!

How do you quote people on this site? Because I want to respond to someone directly, in this thread.
simple,click ur reply button,search for the reply or post u want 2 quote,u'll c a button just by d side of d post u wanna quote,click d (insert quote),den u kan kontinue ur typin,vuala
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by Booshman(m): 2:05am On Jun 10, 2011
D.A.V.E:

simple,click your reply button,search for the reply or post u want 2 quote,u'll c a button just by d side of d post u wanna quote,click d (insert quote),den u kan kontinue your typin,vuala

Ooooh! Thank you!

omega25red:

I like the naruto story because the characters are well developed and the story just doesn't focus on the main character it's actually quite incredible how they have fit hundreds of characters with uniqe qualities in that story. If you did something like that i would read.

How far have you gotten with this work? Do you need a colaborator? im pretty good with story development and i'm based in VA

Oh, I've done a lot so far:

- Since it's not earth, just an alternate version, I've already established the geography of the world
- Created how the planet was created
- Since magic plays a big part, I established how the inhabitants can use and wield it in their own special ways
- Set territorial borders
- Established the world's history (which has shaped the relationships of the different non-human and human races)
- Established each civilization's beliefs and customs (some a reflection of real African ethnicities, and some original)
- In terms of the cast, they each have their own back story, which explains why they deal with the hero as they do

That's all I can tell you without spoiling anything, but there is A LOT of work going into this project to make it feel like a living and breathing world that is filled with diverse life. Just so you can get a general sense of what it's going to be like. Think Naruto, but African, and a little more serious. And instead of an all human world like in Naruto, there are going to be humans and the traditional fantasy races, like Elves and Orcs. But in minor roles. With a greater focus on (easily recognizeable) fantasy versions of actual African ethnicities, actual African Folklore heroes, and actual African mythological beings that roam around in broad daylight. Oh and the focus isn't on ninjas, per say. While it's about black African groups from all over the continent, the main heroes are from various Nigerian groups. With the MAIN "main" heroes coming from fantasy versions (but still instantly recognizable, culturally speaking) of Yoruba, Edo, and Igbos.

My only concern is if it will offend people, because the people are "like" these African groups, but they're "not" them, just a representative of them. Since it doesn't take place on Earth. But we'll see. You don't get anywhere in life without taking a chance.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by AdamuW: 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2011
I would say go for it but be as smart as you can. Make sure you have identified who will buy and where they can buy from before you even start.That would be my advice. Distribution will be tough. I'm not clear where your intended market is but it sounds like it's Nigeria. All the best with it.
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by omosoji: 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2011
I wanted to post this message using my O.M.3.G.4. username on nairaland, but forgot the password I used for my O.M.3.G.4. user name:

Nigeria of today has degenerated to such an anomic state that today's kids don't even know how to appreciate comics. Stupid me, what am I even saying - as if comics are now easy to come across, even back in the 90s thru 2000 it wasn't that easy to get, it was like hunting for the extinct 'dodo'. Despite it scarcity I stalked and stacked comics to the extent that friends would ask 'do i eat them' and my mum would say in Yoruba 'they might survive long enough for my kids to read them'. Usually whenever am send to run long distant errands such as to carry faulty VHS videomachines to the radionics for repair I will keep the transport fair I was given and trek from Tejuosho to Lawanson and back enduring great hunger, just so I can save for one or two comics most especially those expensive 'Spawn' comics that had that beautiful pin-up poster. Even during trying times I would steal that N100 off my folks to add to my N50 just to buy that comic I spotted. The only time I devise a trick to buy 5 comics at once, which after selecting the most interesting and eye-catchy five will surreptitiously insert other I had already placed aside without
the seller knowing, I was caught despite he was talking to someone else. After paying him the money for the 5 he just ask me to hand them over for him to see and just dropped the ones I have inserted inside the 5 I paid for. He giggled, I was so ashamed and felt sad, I was around 15 or 16 then. But now, I still can't believe I would one day stop scouring for comics. The last time I bought a comic was in 2009 for N450 very expensive see!. It was even late when my hunger finally stopped because so many of my pals had lost flare for it since. Mine lasted because I not only read, re-read them, I ponder as to how they're beautifully drawn. Most of my friends that shared interest in drawing later lost their appeal for both comics and drawings. If my favorites weren't available I buy any sought I can find so far its going to be interesting. My best read are:

(DC Comics)
Any Batman issue (especially The Legend of Dark Knight)
The Bloodlines Outbreaks series (especially that involved Batman)
Panic in the Skies series (Superman and the JLEA)

(Marvel)
Morbius - The living vampire
Nightstalker
Ghost Rider & Spirit of Vengeance
Blade

(Valiant comics)
Eternal Warrior
Turok

(Image)
Spawn

I bought Superman, Xmen, Spiderman, Captain America, etc too but they weren't that common especially a follow up to the available issues.

These are the question I have:
Who's richer? Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark

My answer is Bruce Wayne because technically his parent owns the 80% of Gotham City, while Tony makes bulk of his money from private commission and government military contracts.

Who's the most intelligent/brilliant in terms of Science and tech?
My answer is both of them. Or they can't be compared, BUT if I am forced to chose one, it will be Bruce Wayne.

Who's more dependent on gadget and gizmos?
My answer is Ofcourse its Tony Stark, Batman to some extent too depends on hi-tech stuff but he also knows martial art which Tony lacks.

I will like to know your answers

At online poster:
If you want to do anything on comics regarding our own myths and legends, especially the Yoruba's, I am the right person to contact. I have gone beyond researching stuff up, friends call me RESEARCH, I am even trying to prove to one of my big bros of mine in Abuja (One of the few who haven't lost touch with comics and stuff) that most of Greek mythologies were borrowed from Yoruba's. If you want to know more on that
information just let me know, I will like to enlighten you up regarding my immense research.

I hate this country for so many reasons, one of them is people here still fail to appreciate creativity and our so called entertainment industry still lack core creativity and originality. If they can't afford to pay for quality stuff they prefer to lift/copy/plagiarize already established concept/theme from the West. I know what am saying. I have been asked to do certain stuff for people that up till now I haven't been paid for. And the one's who want to, are lukewarm-like to pay or will offers such a ridiculous and discouraging amount.

I started drawing by tracing comics and magazines, then later I evolved to draw whatever I can fix my eyes on, then gradually I started self-practicing drawing from my imagination, eventually I now not only draw off-hand or is it off-head? Whatever ja re! I now can draw seamlessly using the mouse or touch pad via Corel draw14/15, and if I like paint with photoshop. I am still practicing how to 'digital paint' using

Phostoshop. I wow at what some people has achieved with Photoshop. Photo-realistic digital paintings.

Here are some of my works:

ONE CHANCE
A BDSM comic I was drawing from a script I failed to finish. I decided to stop this project due to moral issue and other personal reasons. I needed money desperately back then, seeing the opportunity the nature of the work initially didn't bother me. The nature of this work doesn't define who I am because its totally adult stuff of extreme nature. Let me quote the proverb "the hood doesn't make the monk". I had to suspend this project because the foreign company who sells stuff like this on their website promised I would get paid as soon as I have it completely finished, without specifying as to which amount or range of amount which could help me determine how intensive I should commit myself/input to it. They didn't even
provide a script, they just wanted me to write up a BDSM story, draw it, color it, submit it and they would decide how much the work is worth, later after doing it to a certain extent I realized this wouldn't pay me because I realized how much I was putting into it without an inkling of how much I should be expecting, that fact became totally unacceptable for me, so I temporary stopped it given the moral repercussion its having on my psyche. I later resumed and eventually decide to stop when other job came up. I am only posting it so anyone can see how manipulative is CorelDraw; A great vector drawing graphics software. If you feel offended by adult stuff, please don't download it, just go to the next one which is

YOGHURT RAIDER
A comic I was commissioned to do for A May Childeren's Day kids magazine which was supposed to be a 4page, but because I wasn't given a premise or story to base what they needed on hence the story I could come up with can only be fitted on a 10 page and by that they declined to pay me. I didn't give them though, Imagine? an adult heading a Kid department in one of this huge christian church asking me to draw a comic
that they weren't even ready to publish in their kiddy magazine, what happened was that; this head said they can't afford the amount I was asking which to me was an impress-first-time-customer amount, so we both reached an agreement to squeeze whatever I am going to be conceiving onto a 4 or 5 pages so that the amount can be reduced per page. At the end - they just neglected the whole thing. I am posting it for you guys to see how creative and good I am. I am not claiming to be the best o!, I know there are far better skillful guys out there, Please don't copy, or resell without the expressed permission of me, my name is on it. If you violate Artist Protection Act/Right under subsection 302 of the Yoruba Constitution, I will sue the living daylight out of you if I get you. In fact I won't do that I will send either Shango or Ogun to play with you. LOL! (Just joking) Just enjoy it sha! but don't attempt to make money of it because I know how SOME of my Nigerian peeps think.

CURRENT PROJECT:
I am trying to perfect a script that will ultimately involve a cataclysmic battle between Kratos of God of War versus the incredible Hulk, something I promised to do just to convince some guys including that my big bros in ABJ why Kratos is the finest warrior.

FUTURE PROJECT:
I have sworn never to have sex until I do a superb almost Walt-Disney type of animation regarding one of our legendary story. And I intend not to break it. That's how extreme I could decide to be. I am self-learning ToonBoom; a software for making such animation at a low-budget level. But this NEPA wahala gon sef too much.

I am the alpha and O.M.3.G.4. that started the thread regarding that flopped KAJOLA movie, you can drop any comment there if you wish:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-493091.32.html

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by omosoji: 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2011
Oh! Jeeeeeeez, nairaland.com can't upload more than 200kb, I shall post a link where I will upload it for anyone interested to download, they are approx 2mb each
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by firestar(f): 10:18pm On Jun 10, 2011
I do.
If the comic book in question holds my attention the same way 'The Night of a thousand laughs do' then. . . smiley wink cheesy grin cool
A good question too, try contacting Ayodele Elegba a friend of mine on facebook. He's deeply immersed in comics and it's taken a whole level.
. . .
I'll be right back.
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by Booshman(m): 10:20pm On Jun 10, 2011
AdamuW:

I would say go for it but be as smart as you can. Make sure you have identified who will buy and where they can buy from before you even start.That would be my advice. Distribution will be tough. I'm not clear where your intended market is but it sounds like it's Nigeria. All the best with it.

Well, I have two options and a slight conundrum. I can either make it an online comic that gains revenue through ads and traffic, or I can make it a physical book and sell it through distributors. The first option would do much better in Western countries, due to much higher internet availability, but that kind of makes it inaccessible to Nigerians (the main group that it is about) and Africans. Hypothetically speaking though, if it does well enough in the western market as an online comic, I could just print physical collections and have them sold. Something the popular western (online) ones have done. Like,

http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?order=chapters&id=0
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by Booshman(m): 2:25am On Jun 11, 2011
firestar:

A good question too, try contacting Ayodele Elegba a friend of mine on facebook. He's deeply immersed in comics and it's taken a whole level.

Doesn't he have something to do with Spaceboy Nigeria? I remember that name from one of the art sites I regularly visit. I might get in touch with him! grin
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by segzy21: 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2011
hey dude can you help me in creating a website,i mean tips?
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by zenatta: 12:06am On Jun 17, 2011
@op
finally I meet, digitally though, a real life writer. The passion to write will not let you know peace unless you do something about it, it will continually burn within you, never giving you rest. Guilt is what I feel.
I feel that desperation in you, to create this comic book. I was going to read the thread and move on but like I say, there's always a compulsion.
Yes, I read loads of comics long ago, thousands of books too. I'm in love with the written word so I read. Live like a hermit cos I read a lot.
I am what I'd like to call an unpublisher writer not a closet one.
I had wanted to write comics, not on your grand scale but tell weekly stories that children would enjoy to read. If nothing else, my imagination is astounding.
But you know what, there is no readership here. Trust me, only a few read and not all are willing to buy, they'd rather loan. Unfortunately avid readers amongst the younger generation cannot afford to buy even N250 books
As you go ahead to produce these comics, don't let anything stop you, do not rely solely on the readers in this country, I always maintain they are non-existent comparing.
Search out other markets, Nigerians don't read will not mean Sierra-Leonians won't
I wish you well and I'd love to hear of your progress

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by iice(f): 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2011
I still read comics and graphic novels. I love fantasy grin
Your synopsis sounds interesting. Anything with less humans gets my vote grin
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by snowdrops(m): 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2011
disappointd in the green lantern movie.
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by Booshman(m): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2011
snowdrops:

disappointd in the green lantern movie.

Yeah, it cost around $200 million to make and it barely made $50 million so far, which is bad. Movie experts are already calling it a flop. It was a mediocre film at BEST,
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by sosilly1(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2011
@ poster, your synopsis sounds quite interesting and look forward to reading your completed work.

Would you consider introducing your work through local newspapers in Nigeria for starters, then judge the reaction? Few panels one day a week? I would like to think that it would help you test waters before jumping in. You could do this in conjunction with an online version (probably your main portal). It will be nice to expose other countries to our culture as well and you never can say who will come across your work wink. Carried out a S.W.O.T analysis?

In regards to not stepping on other peoples toes, I think it will be unavoidable. You cannot please everyone all the time and if certain people can't understand the concept of fantasy kindly tell them to go hug a transformer in the rain! Controversy is not a bad thing, sometimes wink.

I grew up as a big fan of comics and cartoons but somewhere along the way I lost interest, when i picked it up again many years later I found myself going "typical americans" in many scenarios and found the voice overs in cartoons annoying so I dropped it.

Luckily I discovered Japan though Akira Kurosawa Seven Samurai and later Manga and Anime. I found them much more entertaining than their American counterpart in terms of character development, comedy, art  and pretty much everything else in between.

Korean Manhwa ( and movies/dramas) are quite good but the stories and characters can get real complex real fast!

Online access has made mangas/manhwa from these regions even more popular and easier to access. I would highly recommend not to ignore it.

My current interests:

Nobelese (Manhwa)
Gamaran
wolf Guy
Fujimura-kun Mates
Beelzebub
Gintama

Bleach is currently on hold, found it hard to pick up after the Aizen arc.

Check out www.dannychoo.com for some wee dose of inspiration.

Quick summary on Danny Choo

Danny Choo resides in Tokyo and runs a small web and TV production company called Mirai Inc who's main focus is to share Japanese culture with the world though web, TV, print and conferences. Danny works with Japanese companies such as figurine/doll manufacturers, anime/game producers, print publishers, e-commerce retailers and the Japanese government to bridge the gap between Japan and the world by aggregating/disseminating information and providing the technical and conventional means to do so.

Danny is the Director and Presenter on a TV show called Culture Japan which is broadcast weekly on Tokyo MX TV in Japan, across the whole of Asia on the Animax Network and across America on Mnet America.

Danny speaks at conferences and universities worldwide on Japanese Pop Culture and Consumer Generated Media and his activities are regularly featured in web, print and broadcast media worldwide such as CNN, BBC, NHK and G4TV.

Originally from the UK, Danny has been working in the Japanese Internet since 1999. In his career, Danny served as Computer Engineer at Japan Airlines, Website Manager on the management team at Amazon and as CGM Product Manager at Microsoft.

Danny's spoken languages are English, Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean.

Keep us posted on how things go, Ganbatte grin!
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by Booshman(m): 7:43am On Jun 28, 2011
so_silly:

@ poster, your synopsis sounds quite interesting and look forward to reading your completed work.

Would you consider introducing your work through local newspapers in Nigeria for starters, then judge the reaction? Few panels one day a week? I would like to think that it would help you test waters before jumping in. You could do this in conjunction with an online version (probably your main portal). It will be nice to expose other countries to our culture as well and you never can say who will come across your work wink. Carried out a S.W.O.T analysis?

The bolded part is an idea I had floating around in my head, actually. I wasn't sure whether or not Nigerian publications regularly printed comics in their newspapers, and I haven't searched around yet. Since my main goal is online. But having a few panels in the local tabloids would be a very good idea.

so_silly:

In regards to not stepping on other peoples toes, I think it will be unavoidable. You cannot please everyone all the time and if certain people can't understand the concept of fantasy kindly tell them to go hug a transformer in the rain! Controversy is not a bad thing, sometimes wink.

Yes, one can only please some of the people all of the time, and never all of the people some of the time. And I laughed out loud at the "soggy transformer hugging" comment of yours! grin

I too, was a huge fan of Bleach, but I began to lose interest a little after the "Rescue Rukia Arc". Now after Aizen arc, I've lost interest completely.
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by Booshman(m): 8:11am On Jun 28, 2011
@ Omosoji

I've been looking for any Nigerian laws that would/could prevent me from going forth with my work, but I didn't see any. What does "Artist Protection Act/Right under subsection 302 of the Yoruba Constitution" say? I must have missed that one somehow.
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by Dimka76(m): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2011
My favourites were Asterix and Obelix, Tintin, Peanuts then those ww2 comics. Fun times was kool but left the print a long time ago. Even Wale Adenugas Super story was quite superb , but see what tv has done to it now.
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2011
Comics I came across as a kid were Tintin, a few marvel comics and a HUGE stash of Ikebe super.
Sadly people I'd met interested in them are far and between.

Would love to pick up where I left off
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by abwuz(m): 9:09am On Jul 13, 2011
I for one am a complete comic freak right from birth, but as you have all been saying, its becoming a thing of the past. But i belive its not so, its just that we dont have them available any longer. But on another view i have a question? is it possible that our generation bck then in the 80's and 90's are different grom these present ones? are we more into cartoons and comics than them, and why is it so? technology?computer? how do we bring back those days in these little ones?
My target would be secondary school students if i venture into comic write ups. i'll definitely start from there as they are more in these group that adults who are too busy to make a living than to think of comics.
In the meantime i'm still doing some research on this.
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by Niyi13: 5:04am On Jan 31, 2012
CB Press is publishing company that is working on Nigerian made comics and literature. Uhuru: Legend of the Windriders and Taboo (an anthology of popular Nigerian urban legends) is slated for a 2012 summer release. Or at least we hope so. No definite day for sure other than 2012. check out our site.
comicbanditpress.com

Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by real4ayo(m): 8:22pm On Feb 08, 2012
@Booshman do u draw comics or write comic stories, i want to start something small, pls get back to me real4ayo@gmail.com smiley Awaiting ur reply
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by Oluchi007(f): 12:39am On Feb 09, 2012
It could work because generally speaking Nigerians don't read a lot. In that respect, images might sell. There is a lot to take into consideration, though, as a good number of posters have already mentioned. I wish you the very best.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by Eljay24(m): 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2012
@booshman
This is really cool, a great idea indeed!
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by Eljay24(m): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2012
@Booshman's

the culture and age may have affected the number of people that read comics
in Nigeria but if you can bring to them something they can relate
with, paying close attention to maybe the morals ethics and whatnot,
and not forgetting the action too!

theres every possibility that there would be a change,
as far as it is done with the teeming population in mind,
and to even start off you definitely need a foundation, fan base
whatever you might call it maybe a group of like minds that seek to
make African comics, these group will definitely help you spread the
word, and before you know it it will be like wild fire!

You may not even need to start it off here in Nigeria maybe in the
states where comics are more acceptable now
you'd build your foundation, educating most Africans and Nigerians
who live over there that don't know
much about their history and traditions but love comics,
this is the only way all that you've researched will come into play. ..

besides if you dont do this Marvel and Dc are there to swipe of
characters from Africa to makeup and keep building their universe!
google "oya" or "Ogun" or "sango" with comics attached to it and it leads you
to either marvel or Dc (don't remember), these african gods have been adopted
into these universes, as you would see.

I'm also doing my own research and writing stories, building
characters and universes of both western and African origin,
this i could possibly use later for now its all in my archives!

you can contact me for anything like Ideas or info at Leojac247@yahoo.com
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by movmentish(m): 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2012
Supa strikas I've never missed any one of em and I'm wat u might call a collector of comics
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by tpia5: 7:07am On Feb 03, 2013
@ topic

back in my day they did.

dont think they do so anymore.
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by tpia5: 7:11am On Feb 03, 2013
marjo: Most don't as already stated. Does anyone remember Asterix and Obelix, Tintin, Archie, Safest Hands in Soccer (a footie mag) and all the marvel comics to mention a few. i read them all.

i know asterix and obelix [i have a few copies of these somewhere for nostalgic reasons], did the rounds with archie as a kid [i still see the comic books every so often in stores].

marvel comics were almost like gold in the day. Very valuable reading, we were always eager to catch the upcoming issues.

not familiar with the soccer thingy, but i know tintin.
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by tpia5: 7:16am On Feb 03, 2013
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by tpia5: 7:18am On Feb 03, 2013
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by tpia5: 10:07am On Feb 03, 2013
The era of comic reading is gone, , it's now video games and movies,

hmm, i wonder what's next after video games.

if anyone had predicted, back then, that comic books would ever go out of fashion, would have seemed like a fantasy.

yet they did.
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by wiredboy: 3:05am On Nov 06, 2013
im also a comicbook writer,but quite frankly,i believe u need to get past the whole "will they buy it" whine.what we do is an incredibly fulfilling manner of xpression.do what u do best and publicize ur work well,if its good enough,itll catch the average nigerians attention.im currently working on P.A.I.N:defenders of justice.ive always believed my self to be a mad thinker,and i have the most unbelievable imagination.the wierdest stuff pops into my head and i start getting o.c.d ey on images,
Re: Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? by djdoxxx(m): 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
Booshman:
Hello there,

I didn't know what section to put this topic in, because there isn't a comics section. But I digress. I am wondering if comics and comic books have ever had a place in the lives of Nigerians.

If so, what are the most popular ones?

If not, why is it?

- Lack of access?
- Lack of overall interest in the concept? (It's "silly."wink
- Lack of cultural representation?

If it's the last one, would Nigerians be interested in a comic that took place in a fantasy world that included their various cultures? Like how Marvel includes many aspects of American culture. For example, the X-Men and mutants as a whole are a blatant (and admitted, by the creator) homeage to the Black Civil Rights Movement. With Charles Xavier's peaceful approach to mutant prosperity representing MLK, and Magneto's physical approach to mutant prosperity representing Malcom X's?

But I guess I should be completely honest with you all now. I mainly ask more about the last one, because I've painstakingly studied the culture and traditions of various African groups for decades, and I've been in the process of creating a fantasy world that includes a ton mythological creatures (from various African peoples folktales), deities (mainly the Orishas), and magical versions of actual kingdoms of the past. All set on a continent that mimics Africa, in a world mimics Earth. Mainly because I've grown tired of the cliched, Eurocentric, oversaturation in fantasy. Its purpose is for entertainment, to teach life lessons, and to showcase just how horribly underrated/misudnerstood traditional African cultures are on a global scale. Would this be something that interests Nigerians?

(If you are interested and want more details, don't be afraid to ask, )
hello bro....what's up with your comic book? Hope all is well?

I have got this idea around creating a "business comic book series'... I'm very versed with so many businesses...and I also just started writing too. I'm seeking people who would be interested in translating these business ideas into a comic for kids, students, young entrepreneurs, and parents to relate to .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Poetry / Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) / Short Story: The Sex Life Of A Lagos Mad Woman (femi Debonaire's Version)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.